XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

Suggest an Idea...

Add options for IPv6 DHCPv6-PD

My ISP supports native IPv6, they support prefix delegation using DHCPv6-PD to assign a /56 subnet. They do not assign the WAN interface an IPv6 address (i.e. no IA-NA) and only provide a prefix delegation (IA-PD). Currently XG (and UTM9) doesn't work with my ISP to get a PD because there are no options to request IA-PD only. My ISP edge router will respond to a solicit message with a IA-NA and IA-PD request but it would appear that the XG doesn't conform to RFC7550 when it sends a IA-NA message and receives a "NoAddrsAvail" from my ISP edge router.

194 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

LG shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • P Fist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sophos XG is a great product, but implementing it with deprecated IPv4 only is a shame.

Take a Engineer and 2 days worktime to implement this feature to finally make all your clients happy!

It is so annoying.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will be replacing XG Firewalls with pfSense next year due to the lack of progress on comprehensive IPv6 support.
        Pretty sad that nearly 3 years on since this was requested, along with being #21 in the Top Voted list, that nothing has been done on this.

• E commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, same situation in The Netherlands with KPN (XS4ALL, Telfort etc.).

Sophos really needs to implement this feature and don't forget PPPoE support.

• E commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have reached the point DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation is an essential feature and a simple requirement. It's almost 2019. The largest ISP in my country requires DHCPv6-PD over PPPoE.

"Take my money" and implement this feature please so that we can get rid of pfSense.

• Mario Polenz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is now one year later and sophos xg is still not able to suppport this well documented RFC feature in his new xg firewall. 172 Votes from interested customers are not enough? It is a shame!

• P Fist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had to stop a business migration from WG to SOPHOS because of this lack. Now I run for pfsense, because of this lag.

• Rafael Rossetto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to know if it would be included in a new version (Roadmap).

In spite of beeing a home user / SMB feature, it should be included.

• Silvio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, we are planning the restructuring of our firewall infrastructure. We also plan a migration to Sophos XG firewalls. With the lack of support for IPv6-PD, I ask my self if this is the right decision for us.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here it is the day before 2018 and Sophos has still not implemented this. Shows a complete lack of listening to customers and the needs of businesses today.

Except for free home use on the UTM version, I will never recommend Sophos FW products to any of my customers due to Sophos' disregard of today's needs.

• Mario Polenz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Sophos! it´s time to bring IPv6-PD or at least an roadmap for this!
        when, we can see this?

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need DHCPv6-PD or we can't get IPv6 addresses from our ISP

• Ian Rogers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My provider has now enabled native IPV6 with addressing provided by DHCPv6-PD

Any news if this will be in v17?

• Robert Dunmire III commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a big deal for our deployment if the XG would receive a prefix from the ISP and apply that prefix to an interface for DHCPv6 and RA.

Our ISPs provide a /60 to customers so that means you could have 16 /64 networks. One for each interface on the XG and then some.

• Timothy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this one as well, urgently!
        Still no feedback from sophos on this one?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.