XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Admin login “failed password” error

We recently setup a new XG 115 firewall saved the config and then found ourselves unable to login “failed password”
    We contacted support and spent time using keyboard and screen to reset the password - still no login, then fully resetting and evenntually the Sophos support person advised we had a corrupted image and the unit was replaced as DOA.
    The new unit was setup with the same result we proceeded to wipe and reset using different passwords which all worked when using the keyboard and screen
    Only after setting up another Sophos incident and booking another engineer did we…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID New Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. reporting

Single sheet reporting where you can drill down from IP to hostname to username, port, interface, URL, search by specific time and date and generate reports based on search criteria. Add columns remove columns based on what you are looking for. Almost like logger but for reporting. Basically take all the separate useless reports you have not and put them into one. Stop making it look pretty and just do a simple report with features. In my opinion the reporting on Sonicwall was great "Analyzer" If you guys could look at that tool and implement those features you would get…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Separating “YouTube Restricted Mode” from "Enable SafeSearch" feature

Separating YouTube "Restricted Mode" from "Enforce Safe Search" option in XG Firewall would allow much more flexibility for customers.
    YouTube "Restricted Mode" is currently just too “restricted” (not usable) and customers should have possibility to turn it on or off without impact on SafeSearch.
    On the other side, SafeSearch is very useful feature that customers would probably have always on.

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Web Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove support for TLS v1.0 and Insecure Cyphers or Allow them to be disabled

The XG still supports protocols that are insecure and fail PCI compliance scans. These protocols such as TLS v1.0, 64-bit block ciphers, etc should be able to be disabled through at a minimum the CLI and preferably the UI.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Webserver Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add packet tracer feature

A feature like Cisco's ASA Packet Trace utility will be very nice. I like the XG firewalls but I really miss the Packet Tracer. Here's a little bit about it:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/29601/troubleshooting-access-problems-using-packet-tracer

I like it because you don't need to setup test hosts - the test packet virtually injected from the appliance itself.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Network Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring RED Tunnels to UTM's and also to Sophos XG

I would love to be able to create RED tunnels to other Sophos Firewall XG devices aswell as Sophos UTM's.

This was a big disappointment to myself who used RED tunnels between UTM's

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  VPN and RED  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.