XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Traffic simulator

it would be nice, in diagnostic section be a traffic simulator option.
    it easier for security administrator to troubleshooting firewall.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID - Old - Do not use Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Network Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. download report

Custom>Custom Web Report
    Date Range = 18-09-2019 to 23-09-2019
    Upon generating of custom mail report i have selected.
    Report type - details
    Search in = domain
    search for - user
    Records Per Chart = 200
    Upon getting result of over 200 items / multiple page, i should be able to download all pages in any format.
    at this stage i only be able to download one (current) page instead of over all pages together.

in my case, i get over 200 pages and all i have to do is change page, download it and keep going until i finish all…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID - Old - Do not use Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Web Category upload /download controls

I have a "Blocked URLs" Category on 5 firewalls, and I need to update all 5 firewalls whenever I need to block a new **** / torrent / gambling URL.
    Please provide a central method to update a user created Category. The update method should also allow deletion of URLs.

The current "upload from text file" method is pretty smart, it appends only the URLs that are different than what is already in the Category so as to avoid duplications. But the upload method does NOT allow deletions.

Consider allowing deletions by removing URLs that are in the Category but…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can do this with a Custom Category. You can create a text file with a list of the URLs you want to block and host it on a local web server. You can then define a Custom Category and tell it to use the URL of your file. Editing the file will change the list – it will auto-reload daily.

Longer term, we expect Central Firewall Management to provide the ability to manage and deploy configuration objects across several devices.

4. Adding web category on XG to integrate external URL database in set up of an on-prem web server t

Hello Team,

We have customer here requesting to have option when adding web category on XG to integrate external URL database in set up of an on-prem web server that will purely be used to input the list of web servers. For your assistance please. Thank You.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. TLD allow

Can we allow or make the rule in the firewall ware we can allow all the government site like .org or .NIC for our entire network.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. live traffic monitoring from multiple firewalls on single Screen

Hi, We are having Firewall on more than one location. How we can monitor all the device on single screen. its very much difficult to login in to each device.

Every location is having 2 ISP we are not aware which is down, how long it was down/traffic level etc .

Provide a Platform where we can monitor combined report in graphical base there could be one master login which combined all the device of all location.

Munish

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create field (source = Allowed client networks) to perform source control in establishing an SSL VPN.

Create field (source = Allowed client networks) to perform source control in establishing an SSL VPN.

Example:
    * Access the VPN from any source IP (any)
    * Access the VPN only from an IP / Network.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VPN and RED  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow only specific file types.

There is no easy way to block all File Types and allow only specific.

The only way to achieve requirement is to create Block list Manually using Default Templates and removing those File Types/MIME which needs to be allowed. Instead of Blocking Default File Type category, needs to select the custom categories to Block File types.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

To do this, you need to arrange your policy correctly. First, put all the rules relating to categories/domains that you want to block. Then, add a rule that allows the filetypes that you want to allow. Finally, set the default rule to ‘block’. Note, however, that you will need to make sure the allow filetype rule also includes all the filetypes needed for web sites – html, javascript, etc.

9. Sophos Firewall Manager download back up for all devices

Hello Team,

We have customer here requesting to have option for Sophos Firewall Manager to download back up for all manage device

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Network Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. search engine

In cyberoam there is feature / report that track popular search engine's keyword searched by user. from this you can track down what's going on user's mind.
    this feature / report missing in sophos. it is great if you introduce the same

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. need whitelist for application filter

At the moment, application filter works on blacklist, and we cannot create whitelist application filter to allow a specific application, and block all other applicaitons including unknown/unclassified applications.

Other vendors can achive it, Palo Alto Application Whitelist Example: https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/best-practices/8-1/internet-gateway-best-practices/best-practice-internet-gateway-security-policy/identify-whitelist-applications/application-whitelist-example#

There are a number of compliance criteria (CIS for one) that require whitelisting of network applications, as per https://www.cisecurity.org/blog/understanding-cis-control-2/

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. custom image upload option in captive portal

Team,

Looking for a new feature of adding custom image in captive portal, so that we can choose our own image instead of sophos..

Regards,
    Srikanth
    College of Defense Management- Hyderabad

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Base System + General UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. ALLOW A USER TO BELONG TO MORE THAN ONE AD GROUP

ALLOW A USER TO BELONG TO MORE THAN ONE AD GROUP

It would be very convenient to assign permissions to Active Directory (AD) groups so that a user can simultaneously belong to several groups (eg, Shopping, Social_Sales, Travel, etc.). Currently only one AD group can belong.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Already Possible  ·  1 comment  ·  Web Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. You tube Safe search exclusion

Create an exclusion list for the safe search you tube videos so that it does not have to be an all or nothing approach.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bypass Blocked Executable Download with Credentials

I love that the system can block users from downloading executable files. But this same feature hampers the IT department in their work, actually creates more work because for every software title/vendor that we must download, we have to create an exception for their sites, and that can add up over time.

I would love to see something on the block page provide the opportunity for an IT/firewall admin to enter credentials in order to continue through the block screen in order to download that executable. I may not always want a global exception, just the ability to the IT…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. log viewer

Dear Research team

Having issues with Live Monitoring while user using YouTube website. We cannot get exact YouTube link in the log viewer.(In Report section we cannot get the full link of YouTube website). not only that what they are watching in the videos or whatever. In future if you can possible please release the patches.Please do the needful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A way to check the real time bandwidth usage for Live Users

Hi, when we trying to check which user consumes more live bandwidth, we can't see the user who consumes the most bandwidth.

So here is my request :-

Please add a new tab in Live users filed to check who consumes the most bandwidth.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Filtro

XG Firewall Sophos, debería permitir el filtrado de contenido por dominio completo, por ejemplo: .io , .com , .co

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When downloading Custom reports we need a "Download All Pages" options

I have a customer requesting web activity from a specific computer for a whole month. I can generate the report using Custom Web Report, Detail, IP address. When the report generates there are over 400 pages of records when viewing 200 records per page. I have to click on every page and select CSV for each page to get the whole month's report, this is extremely time consuming. Why isn't there a "Download All" option to generate 1 report for the whole month?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.