XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drag and drop

On XG GUI there is so much space on the left that drag and drop can be easily implemented like UTM9.
    The small windows with list is not very useful when you need to add more object with different name and selecting the check box on each one. Please implement drag & drop as UTM9.
    Best UI ever!

35 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Base System + General UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get ride of Policies Rules and go back to function based layout

Defining the filtering options all from the Polices window is inefficient and confusing. Go back to the UTM layout where menus are layout based on the core function.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Base System + General UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will be making menu layout changes which should help satisfy some of these concerns, but we are not currently planning to isolate security features which are tightly related to each other, such as web filtering, app control, and firewall, back into their own UI segments as was the case in UTM9.

3. Zone Based Access Restriction

Zones are a new nice concept. Allow Admins to create multiple profile where zone can be assigned to single user or group. In this way, for example a user is able to manage Wi-Fi or VPN zone without touching other settings on XG.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Base System + General UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change Serial Number

Provide a way to change the serial number (maybe using cli). Reinstalling the appliance requires times and downtime (if HA is not in place).

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Base System + General UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow it to work on i686 hardware instead of requiring x86_64

I have a very good SMB sized hardware that I use with dual core 2 gig ram ATOM processor. work well for sites with less than 100mb internet. now I cant use SFOS because it says its x86_64 only... Please allow a i686 build

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Base System + General UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.