XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. DLP protection sesativity

It has come to my attention that DLP on the XG only catches certain things like social security numbers and bank accounts if there are 10 or more listed in the email. Most my clients when sending emails are referring to a single account with one or maybe two social security numbers, so these would never get caught. Even one social security number or bank account not encrypted in an email is a big problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Email Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Correct the unit used for WAN data transfer in System Graphs

The unit used in System Graphs in the diagnostics menu is confusing and nonstandard

For WAN Data Transfer, the unit used is KBits/s. I cannot find anywhere where this is a standard abbreviation for anything.

I've confirmed with Sophos in case [#9204632] that the actual unit is Kilobits per second (Kbps, kbps, Kb/s, kb/s,), based on testing, even though some Sophos people I have called to have said its KiloBytes per second (KBps or KB/s)

We confirmed this by doing speed tests showing that my client has a symmetric 50/50 Mbps pipe.
    Recent spikes recorded show as high as 20000…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. exe

Need to be able to block just executable files on chat applications. Want to allow video, images, etc but block executables.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. WEB CONTENT Filter ALERTS IN REAL TIME

It would be great if we can get real time alerts (Emails and reports) on the users that have triggered a Web content filter rule within XG when browsing web sites.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. multiple addresses in dhcp relay on xg firewall

Describe how 2 addresses in a dhcp relay are processed, please.
    Round-robin?
    Failover?
    Is the second address completely ignored?
    Are both addresses tried, fastest response wins?

If Round-robin, please add option to choose Failover.

If Failover, what are the failover conditions?
    Please allow at least a timer condition that can be set.
    If Failover conditions are met, when does the relay revert back to the primary address?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Base System + General UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. firewall hard drive maintenance routine

I recently experienced a firewall freeze/crash and from what I read in the forums, the most common cause is some type of hard drive failure/corruption. I suggest the following:

Create a maintenance routine and/or structure that allows the firewall to check its hard drive at regular maintenance intervals for file corruptions, bad sectors, etc. in order to promote a continuously healthy hard drive and firewall!

Perhaps a parallel/mirrored drive system could both facilitate this maintenance routine as well as improve the firmware update process if it is not already existing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Base System + General UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. SSL VPN client for PC -

I would like to have the SSL VPN client have the ability to save the username and password as well as an option to start at login or system start up. I have been able to do this manually with services and text file for auth with shortcut, etc but would be much easier built into the software. Most other clients have this and it has not been officially supported nor developed into the app at all. I have been using SG and XG appliances for about 6 years now with no sign of having this added. Thanks in advance

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VPN and RED  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. preventing user to changing password of user account

When we provide same username for more than 2 person in case of examination or class . means multiple login with same user id, then any one can change the password and other will suffer. if password changing option will be disable then we need not to worry about these conditions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. TOR exit nodes as a WAN Source

Please create and update daily the TOR exit nodes as a WAN Source network. Ideally we would want to block anything attempting to access, scan or interact with our WAN IP Space from such a risky source.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Network Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. macOS Sophos connect client paste password

macOS Sophos connect client paste password :
    It would be cool if we can paster our password in Sophos Client Connect in macOS rather than write manually especially when the password is very strong.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Network Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. XG Wireless Logging is unavailable since first release

SFVH (SFOS 17.5.8 MR-8) ; Home license

For whatever reason, XG disallows logging for wireless functionality.

I can select the box under Configuration -> System Services -> Logging > Wireless, hit "Apply" and the selection is cleared.
    I can confirm afterwards that system logs contain no WiFi activity entries.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wireless Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Web Category upload /download controls

I have a "Blocked URLs" Category on 5 firewalls, and I need to update all 5 firewalls whenever I need to block a new **** / torrent / gambling URL.
    Please provide a central method to update a user created Category. The update method should also allow deletion of URLs.

The current "upload from text file" method is pretty smart, it appends only the URLs that are different than what is already in the Category so as to avoid duplications. But the upload method does NOT allow deletions.

Consider allowing deletions by removing URLs that are in the Category but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Can Cyprus (Greek) and Cyprus (Turkish) be added?

The Greek part of Cyprus is a member of the EU. An EU country group would need to contain the Greek part of Cyprus, not the whole of Cyprus.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Unable to access play store / Gmail app on mobile phones after blocking personal gmail access from firewall

As suggested by sophos engineer, the feature is not available currently. I need this to be have on xg firewall so that i am able to access gmail app / play store on mobile phones with wifi connection passing through firewall

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to use non standard port for configuring web server under XG

Hello Team,

We have customer here requesting to use a non standard port (other than port 80 and 443) for configuring web server under XG. For your assistance please. Thank You.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Webserver Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. is it possible to display e.g. Hoste IP/Host FQDN items or groups, how and where the object is being used?

is it possible to display e.g. Hoste IP/Host FQDN items or groups, how and where the object is being used/linked in the XG?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. VPN client autoupdate for remote users

Is there a Sophos idea existing, that the VPN client should be checked for updates when the VPN client dials in ?
    if necessary, automatically updated before the VPN client connects.
    The download is provided by the XG Firewall and the client is up-to-date without admin rights or end user oder administrator intervention.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add the Option to Download Windows 10 Always ON VPN Profiles

Microsoft supports adding always on VPN profiles to Windows 10, would be great to be able to have an Always ON VPN profile that can be generated and downloaded from the VPN page in WebAdmin on the XG Firewall.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Grant Admin Rights to AD Groups instead of just users

Would be great to be able to grant admin rights to an entire group instead of just a user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 100 101
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.