XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable Release Link in Quarantine digest email

Enable Release Link in Quarantine digest email for XG 18, like UTM, instead to message: "You can release quarantined emails only from user portal. To release them, sign in to user portal."
    Or remove the link.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Email Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to Preview Email in quarantine from the user portal prior to releasing

Ability to preview email that is in quarantine prior to releasing it from the user portal, similar to the O365 email quarantine ability to preview an email that is in quarantine prior to releasing

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. smarthost

When two or more WAN interfaces are configured enable smart host relay according to defined rules, i.e. smart host must be enabled only if one (or more) defined WAN connectivity is down.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Email Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Log rejecting of an oversized email

When XG rejects an email bigger than maximum allowed size, show this event in the GUI logs.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. preview quarantined e-mail incl. mailheader in clear text

Ability to preview quarantined mail in SMTP quarantine for administrators as with the SG is possible. This I used often to see if an e-mail was legit and would be safe to release .

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. shared mailbox

It should be possible to enable some users to release quarantined email of other users ( much used for shared mailbox ) as delegation

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. digest

the Release link and My account on the Quarantined digest report use IP address and not the URL of the firewall. so the person gets a certicate error because it does not match the certcate we have install on the firewall.

I been told by support its not possible in the auto generated mails to use a hostname
    we are running SFOS 18.0.4 MR-5

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. import emails

Importing a list of known good email addresses would help our business. We have a list of legitimate customers, and their emails. We could format it in a CSV or just simply copy and paste, but there are over 2000 emails in this list and I cannot do them one at a time in the exceptions page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Email Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. email spool monitoring with ZABBIX or other via SNMP

Sophos XG monitoring email spool with ZABBIX
    hi, we need to monitor the email spool of our sophos xg firewall, we cant find any tool that generate alert or email about it, so we have ZABBIX for monitoring other tools, can we also use it for monitor this thing? have you some best prectice or advice about?
    thanks Sophos

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Customizable Quarantine Email

How do you change the default content within the Quarantine Digest.

We want to add a company logo and change the default text within this email to something more user friendly.

We also want to add instructions to this email for our users.

How can this be completed.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Email Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Quarantine Page on XG Firewall needs more options

I would like to have the ability to choose the number of quarantine email that I can see at one time with a selectable list of options, 25, 50, 100, 200, all, etc. I would also like to see the delete and release buttons at the BOTTOM of the list as well as the top. The fields that contain the senders email addresses need to be longer or selectable in some way so that you can copy the domain information. Perhaps there could also be a button to create an exception rule directly from the selected email as well.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Quarantine report - Phishing/Spoofing

Sender field, in quarantine report email, currently presents only the forged/fake address of a Phishing/Spoofing email.

A good idea would be to add the real Sender Address, and maybe color it with RED to be eye-catchy and alert the user to pay attention to it.
    Alternatively, display only the original email address.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Download Quaratained Mails with Read Access

If a support user has only read access to the e-mail component of the XG he is not allowed to download a quarantained mail. He needs read/write access to do this but then he is also allowed to modify the whole email config. There should be sub permission for the e-mail component that allowed a user who has only read access to download a quarantained mail.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. XG stops reading SMTP Exception with the first hit. SMTP Exception are not combined.

I wanted to configure SMTP exceptions very granularly, when I started to configure SMTP exceptions in XG firewall.
    Therefore, I made one exception for antispam, one exception for dkim, one exception for malware and so on. I soon recognized that this does not work. XG firewall searches the SMTP exceptions until it has the first hit. If I add the email address example@example.com to the antispam exception and to the dkim exception, only one of these exceptions work. I have to configure a new exception, which skips both, and have to add example@example.com there and have to delete example@example.com in…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. time of click protection

Due to the risk of users visiting unsecure sites that is being listed as HTTP:// bowsers are updating these security protecting by forcing the sites to go to HTTPS://. This being said the Sophos Email Appliance that is still being used by some companies out there is currently protecting the users with time of click protection but the link that the user gets is http://email appliance name : port. Will it be possible to get the link that the email appliance changed to be sent as HTTPS://email appliance name:.

If possible or not please may I have feedback on this…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Blocked sender list should only be applied to incomming mails

The email address block list is (since Firmware 18.3 / change ID NC-59396) also applied to mails from our internal mail server to external smtp servers. Adding the local domain to the block sender list is not possible. We cannot ensure that mails from external senders, using our domain as sender address (=email address fraud) will be rejected. The sender block list should be applied to mails from WAN sources.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. OWA

The ability to download the Outlook Add-in XML file to add to the Encrypt & Report as Spam button to OWA (Outlook Web Access).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. email quarantain

Edit the Release Link in Quarantine digest email for XG 17.5.13, not to x.x.x.x:4444
    rather to the UserPortal, instead to message: "You can release quarantined emails only from user portal. To release them, sign in to user portal."
    Or remove the link.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. SMTP error notification

We need a way of being notified (via email) of when our customers XG210 fails to forward filtered emails to the destination SMTP server (O365 in this case)
    Currently if O365 blocks the incoming filtered email from the XG210 for whatever reason we don't know until the customer complains that they have not had any new emails for several hours.

Example would be to send notification if the XG receives a "Server Busy" or other SMTP error response from the destination SMTP server or if the local email queue exceeds a preset amount.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. remove releaselink in Quarantine Digest

please remove releaselink in Quarantine Digest.
    The standard user is not able to distinguish between harmless SPAM mails and dangerous SPAM mails.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Email Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.