XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Application Intelligence Gathering Utility

I had this awesome idea that I think would significantly help not only the local Sys Admin, but also Sophos.

It's similar to how Synchronized Security and other Sophos "App Intelligence" things work.

A utility application that allows you to monitor/record application traffic data running on your PC.
    The idea is to have only a specific program running (such as a game) and you have the tool monitor all the network traffic sent/received by that application. You use this collected data to further collect and send to Sophos Labs and your XG appliance, to better and more accurately determine what…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notification Settings issues

Hey!, I need to send mail notifications to more than one recipient, but it's not possible right now on my Sophos XG Firewall.

Another issue is that I can't see the affected device in the message, I only see: "Management Interface IP: Not configured/Not available", so I've to login into the Firewall and go to the Reports section for know the IP.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Need to add custom Template mode in EVE-NG

Greetings,

I want to add Sophos XG Firewall image in Eve-NG. Someone from Technical Side please assist me.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Blocking of file transfer in Skype

Blocking of file transfer in Skype

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unable to access play store / Gmail app on mobile phones after blocking personal gmail access from firewall

As suggested by sophos engineer, the feature is not available currently. I need this to be have on xg firewall so that i am able to access gmail app / play store on mobile phones with wifi connection passing through firewall

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Admin role that can only manage Captive Portal configuration

i just want to add a capitive portal access for the monitor profile user that monitor user only change header and footer notification in captive portal as per network mentinance of organisation.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Customize or override application reports for incorrect traffic

Ability to whitelist or reclassify known good traffic the XG detects as another type of application.

Example. Cisco Meraki WAPS talk to each other on UDP port 9358. Our XG430s think this is something called ThunderVPN and continually report on it as a level 5 threat.

Call with Sophos support confirms at present no way to exclude this from report or whitelist. Sam with VMWare replication. Classed as ideafarm-door (only a level 1 threat) but still shows up in reports as sending large amounts of traffic (expected).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Identify application activity in detail

Identify application activity in detail eg. Webmail > message sent > via GMail/Office 355

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.