XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow customization of report database size

Report db size needs to be increased. We have customers who reaches their Report db size within 3 months and have to go through manual purge. These customers require a higher retention on Reporting data.

Email notification set if Report db reaches the allocated threshold.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID New Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Report of traffic for each WAN interface.

Create a report containing sites and applications accessed by a specific interface (Port) and not just for WAN zone. Summary e Detail.

will greatly facilitate troubleshooting.

Thank You!

135 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Web usage report for a group, sent to manager

Hi all,

Would love to be able to use a Scheduled Web Usage report where I can add a group of users (Department A) and send to the department Manager.

At present I can only schedule the report for one user and comma separated etc doesn't work. Even the ability to use AD Security Groups for reports so members of Group A get their usage sent to the Dept manager.

We have around 20 Departments and 280 users and having this ability for the managers to keep an eye on things is really nice. Had it with another solution and…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Current bandwidth utilization graphs per user or per Host

Current bandwidth utilization graphs per user or per Host so we know about who are using bandwidth.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Guest WiFi: Capture and report on guest details

One of our customers has the requirement to save information for legal reasons when users connect to the Guest Wifi.
    Basically, they want to send users to a web page, like you do via the captive portal or hotspot, but then want it to ask the users for certain details, which are then saved to a log file or sent via email to the administrator so they have a log of this information.
    We have had to work around this and use Javascript instead, which proved very time consuming to configure.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to produce reports based on departments

The ability to produce reports based on department whereby there are more than on geo location going through the same firewall. The departmens could be made ou of IP subnet, AD hierarchy, different AD Forest, ete....

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Link to Network Traffic Graph from Control Center

Can we pop these icons for the Network Traffic Graph on Control Center Page. It is one of the first things I click on if client suggesting slow internet for past hour/s. Cyberoam have this right on their front Dashboard. Sophos, I have to click Network, Then WAN Link Manager before I can finally click on the Network Traffic Graph for the respective WAN Gateway

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Real Dynamic Live Logs

Develope a real dynamic live logging. Means when opening a realtime log file the contents like source, destinations, urls..and whatever in the log should be "clickable" to get "deeper" in the logging. Means when clicking something at log viewer, the output should getting filtered with that.

Implementing this feature makes it possible to log a specific event at an great detailed level (like paloalto logging does).

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Log Viewer: Filtering logs by "contains"

The Cyberoam used to allow you to choose "contains" in log filtering. In the latest XG Fireware versions the only options for filtering by message, URL etc. are "starts with", "does not start with", "is" or "is not".

Can you please re-add the option "contains" as this is an extremely useful option.

As an example, what if I wanted filter the web filter to show all access to a URL that has the domain "microsoft.com" within it - there is no way to do this currently.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Integration of Cyberoam/Sophos Firewalls with Solarwinds NCM

Need to Integrate devices with Solarwinds NCM for automatic backup, access , config change detection.

Currently we have email based backup and most of the company donot support email based backup due to security reason.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Adding incident timestamps to Dashboard and Generated Reports

We could really use the option to allow timestamps to be added to the reports generated through the dashboard and those generated(and emailed)

It could really be a useful tool to see when an attack happened to determine who was on the machine, see what sites were accessed on the machine at a certain time.

We could really use this to assist in selling a sophos solution, by showing exact times along with the dates.

i understand there are timestamps in the logs, but having the option to attach them to the generated reports could be a fantastic tool to…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add date to file name of pdf Executive Report

I store a year of Executive Reports in a network folder and often need to find a particular date. How about 2017-12-12 Executive Report as the file name so I can sort by name. Of course the date would change.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. End User Network Registration

Greetings TeamSophos

I got this Idea from http://netreg.sourceforge.net and in a real network scenario it would entitle me setting up a netreg server then Sophos as well. So Why not marry Netreg features and functionalities into Sophos (best of both worlds).

NetReg is an automated system that requires an unknown DHCP client (typically a user connecting on to the network for the first time) to register their hardware before gaining full network access. Through a simple web interface (perhaps an advanced captive portal first), the client is prompted for their user identification.

Powerful scripts then retrieve the client's network fingerprint…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. De-couple Netflow reporting from the need to enable FW rule logging

At present, for Netflow to actually work, FW rule logging must be enabled. On one hand, this is great because we can fine tune what traffic is sent to the NF collector but on the other hand, this is redundant and creates unnecessarily large logfiles much of which is usually unwanted information.

These should be separate settings that can be configured on a per FW rule basis as follows:

--- CHECKBOX to enable\disable log to logfile
    --- CHECKBOX to enable\disable Netflow reporting

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow SNMP from a network subnet instead of specific IP addresses

I have a client's vendor that would like be to allow SNMP from a network subnet like 209.173.131.0/24 instead of specific IP addresses

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Resolve IP addresses in the log viewer

Resolve host IPs to FQDNs in the log viewer.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Link from firewall rule to filtered log view

Log view!

Is it possible to implement the live log view from the firewall policy? that could be more effective way to find out the traffic violation or can capture the details easily. I mean, there is a symbolic link to get the live log in the firewall rule each and every rule has his own live log.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Report filtered on Suspicious search queries

For schools it would be really useful if there was a report that could be scheduled to run say weekly, that lists any user who searches for specific words, such as bomb, gun, **** etc. that may indicate that the user / student needs to be monitored to satisfy child safeguarding requirements. Anything that would help to identify radicalisation links. Perhaps a user customisable group / list that the user could update to include the specific terms that are being monitored as that would make it more universal to other companies that are not schools.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Filtering log viewer by network or range of IP addresses.

Our organization has multiple internal networks with varying subnets. Currently I can only search for the beginning string of an IP if I want to view a range and then dig through pages of records for the IP's I'm looking for. If I could generate reports on a range of IP's and/or subnet that would be great! Also, if I could download all the records at once instead of the 1 page display.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Current Activity Live Connection Details for User Groups

Current Activities, Live Connection Details are not getting for User Groups, it is only for User Names and IP Addresses. So we need to check it User by User.It is too difficulty and takes more time to check individual User Name by User Name.Please provide the option to take User Group wise Current activity Live Connections details Log or Report.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.