XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. FQDN for quarantine notifications to avoid certificate errors for users

FQDN for quarantine notifications to avoid certificate errors for users

35 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Email Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Sophos XG scan archives in mail attachments for forbidden file extensions

In both - MTA and Legacy mode, currently there is no way to block file extensions which are inside archives. Example - php file in .zip as attachment.
    Tested and confirmed by the support guys - Ticket #7781559.
    Please add this functionality, because what we mostly see is malicious script droppers (.js mostly). This is not only my opinion, but as your partner we received multiple negative feedbacks regarding this.

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Email Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. XG: Allow SPX Data protection rules to use keywords

On the XG - version 16 in MTA mode you can only use predefined CCLs and are limited in what you can look for in Data protection to encrypt emails.

Like legacy mode and version 15 - you can use a keyword to encrypt emails. For example any emails with Subject: [Encrypt] - SPX encrypt this email. This is a very crucial feature that should exist.

Sent on behalf of client.

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Email Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mail Policy based on Sender email address/domain

We have a customer who regularly receives encrypted emails due to the content of the email.

We've recently discovered that if an encrypted email comes in and 'Quarantine unscannable content' is selected, the email is quarantined and the user doesn't receive their Quarantine Digest email (which is by design).

My ideal solution would be to create a separate incoming Mail Policy which allows me to specify the sender's domain (or group of domains) where I can deselect 'Quarantine unscannable content,' so that encrypted emails from those senders aren't quarantined. I would then be able to re-order the Mail Policy to…

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Quarantine Mails - User Portal

Quarentine Mails function in user portal is close to useless as it is today.
    The only option is to delete!

There need to be an option to see the mail in clear text (safe).

And an option to release the mail, if it was incorrectly quarentined.
    (Admin should be able so specify if a user can release the whole mail - including attachmens, or just the email body, without attachments!)

• Option to send daily/weekly/montly reports of quarentined mails to the users mailbox.

These are to be expected from a product with AV mail scanning functions!!!

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. pattern/expression filter for SMTP Protection

Ability to filter email based on a word search. Would be nice to have a list of prohibited words that if the SMTP scanner sees the word, the email could be filtered or dropped, etc.

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Email Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Delete Emails in SMTP Quarantine after xx days

At the moment Emails in SMTP Quarantine will only be deleted, if the Quarantine Area is full. Other Sophos products auto-delete these Emails after 30 days. It would be great, if the XG does that too.

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create and Manage Multiple ehlo

As Enterprise product, XG should be able to manage multiple ehlo to protect multiple email domain behind it. On UTM9 we have profile mode but multiple ehlo was missing too. Add some sort of profile (including ehlo) for multiple domai for one/multiple public IP, such as WAF does with virtual domain.

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Email Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Email logs should show which blacklist triggered and why

When a mail has been rejected I can see this in the log but I don't know which RBL has triggerd this and why.
    I wish more details in the email log.

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Exception for unscannable/encryted files based on file extension

I have a customer who sends and receives software specific files between other customers using the same software. These files are deemed unscannable by the XG and are quarantined. Without having to disable "Quarantine Unscannable Content" it would be handy to have the option to allow a particular file extension through based on a manually defined exception list. A secondary problem is the XG does not notify users of quarantined email if it has been categorised as "unscannable" leaving the user to guess if the email has been sent to them or they have to check the quarantine via the…

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support Outlook 2016 with SPX outlook add-in

Currently XG is still using version 1.3 of the outlook plug-in which does not support Outlook 2016. Can you please update the plugin/add-in on the XG User portal.

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Select which public IP MTA responds to

When running MTA, MTA responds to all the public IP addresses available on the XG. To stop the MTA working on those public ips, you can create a firewall rule that does port forwarding to a non-existent IP address. This stops the MTA working on those public ip addresses.

When you do a port scan on those public IP addresses, port 25 still shows as open.

I think it should be possible to configure which public ip addresses MTA actually listens on.

Support suggested I should raise this as a feature request.

In configuration of MTA, you never specify the…

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Spam Action Reject

Black holes are a problem.
    There MUST be the option to REJECT an e-mail when detected as spam.
    Consider the following situation:
    Somebody sends a genuine e-mail to your organization. Your Spam protection considers it as spam and DROP it (false positive) and the intended recipient, don't receive it.

The sender will never know that the e-mail was not received. In fact, for the sender, the email was delivered because if you check the sender's smtp log, you will find a "250 message queued"
    And the recipient will never know he has not received a valid e-mail.

If instead of…

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Email Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Customize Logo for SPX Portal

Like the UTM allow for a custom logos to be uploaded and used for the SPX portal page (possibly block pages as well?). This is currently not available when making SPX templates.

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mail Logs in MTA

I would like to have better control on Mail Logs. I have hundreds of emails flowing through the network each day. Whenever user reports issues with emails, I would like to be able to:
    - filter emails by start/end date and time, having only start/end date is not adequate;
    - filter emails by sender/receiver/subject, having Recipient Domain is not adequate;
    - more details on status, especially for Dropped and Bounced emails, to help with troubleshooting;
    - specify how many emails to display per page;
    - specify which page to display; having only previous and next page navigation is too slow; …

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SPX: Use hostname in reply button

The SPX PDF has a reply button which points to the IP address of the XG firewall. Make it possible to change this IP to the FQDN, for example the hostname which is configured under SPX portal settings.
    Further it should be possible to add your own SSL certificate to this FQDN so a user will no longer receive a browser warning regarding the certificate.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Email Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Insert Banner on Inbound Mail

Banners can be added for outbound mail, but not for inbound mail. Being able to add a banner such as "This email originated from outside the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender." could help in slowing down phishing emails

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. e-mail spoofing protection

Dear All,

This product already has integration with domain environments and it will be really great to have functionality to check for existing mailboxes. In case appliance receive an e-mail with randomly generated recipient (real domain with fake user part) it will discard it asap.

I'm not familiar with how it should be properly implemented (may be exchange integration needed), but it will be really awesome functionality!

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable Release Link in Quarantine digest email

Enable Release Link in Quarantine digest email for XG 18, like UTM, instead to message: "You can release quarantined emails only from user portal. To release them, sign in to user portal."
    Or remove the link.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remove Specific SMTP Headers

I'd like the ability to remove specific SMTP Headers from outbound emails, as was possible in UTM 9.

This can be used, for example, to remove internal server names and IP Addresses from emails sent over the Public Internet

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.