XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. all client internet activities in the mac address to appear in the log.

all client internet activities in the mac address to appear in the log. for example, web filter logs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SFM Change Firmware update "Apply" button to "Schedule"

In Sophos Firewall Manager, when updating the Firmware of an XG Firewall, there is an "Apply" button, which brings up a scheduler when clicked.

This is confusing, as it seems like this button will apply the firmware immediately without warning. Please change the name of this button to "Schedule" instead of "Apply" so that it's more obvious that the firmware will be scheduled for install and not apply immediately.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Base System + General UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Reports for ports

Reports should generate according to port number and gives details about traffic on that port. It would be appreciable if admin receives
    alerts when bandwidth utilization goes high.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to send quarantined messages to shared mailboxes

We have quite a few shared mailboxes for the likes of HR, Finance and reception to name a few. Whilst I can send individuals a quarantine report to their mailbox there doesn't seem to be the ability to do this with shared mailboxes, or at least they do not show up in the list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Log Viewer: Filter the Firewall log to show entries with no User name

One of the columns in the Firewall log is User name.
    If I click Add filter and choose User name in the Field box, my only options for Condition are: is, is not, Starts with and Does not start with.
    I need to find all of the log entries that have no User name. If I try to use the filter to see those entries by the Condition box to "is" and leaving the Value box empty, an error appears stating "You must enter a value for User name".

To allow me to find all of the log entries that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Base System + General UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Network Alias GUI

When you have more than three alias ip addresses defined on a network interface the list will expand on mouse-hover to show the scroll bar. At least on Chrome and Firefox this scroll bar will force the edit/delete icons to flow over to another line making it almost impossible to edit the entries. This could be easily fixed by removing the max-height definition in the gui css on the "aliasBlockPort" element and removing the on-hover css change to overflow:auto.

Addidionally, when deleting an alias entry it will show an confirmation popup for deleting the entry. But the popup does not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Apply different QOS per interface for specific firewall rule

Customer would like to apply different QOS per interface for specific firewall rule.
    For your assistance please. Thank You.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Network Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Apply different load balancing condition for specific firewall

Customer would like to have different load balancing condition for specific firewall rule created. For your assistance please. Thank You.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. DLP protection sesativity

It has come to my attention that DLP on the XG only catches certain things like social security numbers and bank accounts if there are 10 or more listed in the email. Most my clients when sending emails are referring to a single account with one or maybe two social security numbers, so these would never get caught. Even one social security number or bank account not encrypted in an email is a big problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Correct the unit used for WAN data transfer in System Graphs

The unit used in System Graphs in the diagnostics menu is confusing and nonstandard

For WAN Data Transfer, the unit used is KBits/s. I cannot find anywhere where this is a standard abbreviation for anything.

I've confirmed with Sophos in case [#9204632] that the actual unit is Kilobits per second (Kbps, kbps, Kb/s, kb/s,), based on testing, even though some Sophos people I have called to have said its KiloBytes per second (KBps or KB/s)

We confirmed this by doing speed tests showing that my client has a symmetric 50/50 Mbps pipe.
    Recent spikes recorded show as high as 20000…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. exe

Need to be able to block just executable files on chat applications. Want to allow video, images, etc but block executables.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. WEB CONTENT Filter ALERTS IN REAL TIME

It would be great if we can get real time alerts (Emails and reports) on the users that have triggered a Web content filter rule within XG when browsing web sites.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. multiple addresses in dhcp relay on xg firewall

Describe how 2 addresses in a dhcp relay are processed, please.
    Round-robin?
    Failover?
    Is the second address completely ignored?
    Are both addresses tried, fastest response wins?

If Round-robin, please add option to choose Failover.

If Failover, what are the failover conditions?
    Please allow at least a timer condition that can be set.
    If Failover conditions are met, when does the relay revert back to the primary address?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. firewall hard drive maintenance routine

I recently experienced a firewall freeze/crash and from what I read in the forums, the most common cause is some type of hard drive failure/corruption. I suggest the following:

Create a maintenance routine and/or structure that allows the firewall to check its hard drive at regular maintenance intervals for file corruptions, bad sectors, etc. in order to promote a continuously healthy hard drive and firewall!

Perhaps a parallel/mirrored drive system could both facilitate this maintenance routine as well as improve the firmware update process if it is not already existing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SSL VPN client for PC -

I would like to have the SSL VPN client have the ability to save the username and password as well as an option to start at login or system start up. I have been able to do this manually with services and text file for auth with shortcut, etc but would be much easier built into the software. Most other clients have this and it has not been officially supported nor developed into the app at all. I have been using SG and XG appliances for about 6 years now with no sign of having this added. Thanks in advance

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VPN and RED  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. preventing user to changing password of user account

When we provide same username for more than 2 person in case of examination or class . means multiple login with same user id, then any one can change the password and other will suffer. if password changing option will be disable then we need not to worry about these conditions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. TOR exit nodes as a WAN Source

Please create and update daily the TOR exit nodes as a WAN Source network. Ideally we would want to block anything attempting to access, scan or interact with our WAN IP Space from such a risky source.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. macOS Sophos connect client paste password

macOS Sophos connect client paste password :
    It would be cool if we can paster our password in Sophos Client Connect in macOS rather than write manually especially when the password is very strong.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VPN and RED  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 101 102
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.