Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sophos HOME EP protection - Tamper Protection & scheduled scans.

I currently run a Sophos UTM system (home installation) that includes EP licences. As I'm thinking of moving to the Sophos XG firewall I've installed Sophos HOME EP on two of my PC's.
    It would be really nice if this included;
    1) Tamper Protection (to prevent unauthorised product removal / tampering).
    2) Scheduled scans - it may do this already but I can't see where.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General Endpoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Application Control - Dell Bloatware

I am not sure for other PC manufacturers, but it would be nice to block/restrict applications such as:

Dell Foundation Services
    Dell Backup and Recovery
    Dell Digital Delivery
    Dell Protected Workspace

Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. websites authorization adding

Currently, in order to add some websites to avoid the blocking of a specific website, customer has to add its domain manually, by editing the Antivirus policy, clicking on Authorization button, then go to the Website tab, to add 1 given website.

Customer would like to have the possibility to add directly a list of websites, maybe split by a | or ; this way, it would be much easier in the case there would be a lot of specific websites to add.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sophos Enterprise Console (SEC)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automatic Updating for Dynamic DNS "Remote adresses" for Client Firewall Policies

Setup Domain "remote addresses" in the client firewall policies for SEC to refresh automatically so that a Dynamic DNS remote address stays current.

This would allow remote clients with a dynamic public IP to setup DDNS so that their IP does not have to be updated manually in the firewall policy. every time the remote client's public IP changes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sophos Enterprise Console (SEC)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sophos Central Admin - Medium & High alerts sent to end-users

Create an option to allow/disallow end users to receive alerts of High and/or Medium priority.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Button to delete old logs from a period for administrator

Button to delete old logs from a period for administrators on Cloud Console. After six month the log have no valor for us.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I need to be able to initiate a clean reinstall with XML file

I would like to be able to initiate a clean reinstall where the app clears it's AV database, and re-downloads from a known good source, even a specified source be it cloud based, SAV Management server, or SAV Cache server. Initiating a re-install from a cloud source or from the local system with a signed XML file is desireable, as well as being able to do so silently with a management system like SCCM or JAMF (requires an option to do this silently from the command line).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Drill down at usage summary or open report on graphic click

When opening central Dashboard i like to click in the graphic or any other number like "not protected" to view Clients or pc's are affected. It is not possible to filter the list at People or Computers to see "not protected".

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Device Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Save event reports to dashboard

i like to save a predefined Event Report to Dashboard to direkt open with dynamic timeconfiguration like:

today
    last seven days
    last week
    last month

wb = week begin
    we = week ending

qb = Quartal begin

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Current Sophos Cental Admin

Within Partner Portal > Sophos Central, you can't see the current customers name in top left corner only displayed "Sophos Central Partner".
    The same text is displayed when you select "Launch Sophos Central Admin". It starts a new tab but still you can't see at first sight which
    customers Sophos Central you are openend. You can only launch one Sophos Central Admin, if you try to open a second one the first one will be overwritten.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Use a signed XML file to use an LAN server cache to complete an install

I want the bootstrap installer to be able to use a signed XML file provided in the command line silent install to trigger a LAN source based install without requiring connectivity to the cloud to complete the install.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Cloud endpoint Web Filter notification

When a website is blocked by the cloud endpoint product, windows 10 throws a notification on the screen stating that the web filter blocked a site. This is problematic when blocking web ad as the block notifications are constantly appearing on the screen. I suggest that all web filter notifications be turned off on Windows 10 machines as the block message already appears in the browser when something is blocked.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Whitelist-priority for Sophos Web Control

While both whitelist and blacklist are enabled, we had a case where we wanted to blacklist a parent domain, but whitelist a few sites in that parent. Verified with Sophos Support that SEC does not support this action.

While this was accomplished at the firewall level, adding this inside SEC would grant protection for users who are off-site and cannot be protected with on-site firewall rules.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. add allowed devices from Computer detail

is it possible to add known (allowed) devices from "Computer-Detail-View" page to link it directly in a Policy?
    Can't see known clientdevices directly under "Computer Details".
    It is not realy comfortable to use the popup device-list within a policydefinition, to add them as allowed. 90 User x 8 devices.. finding the blocked one to allow is very hard when you Need to allow a generic USB Bluetooth-Stick + Headset from unknown vendor.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. global list of pheripherial devices

A list with all peripherial devices with grouping and filtering, Serial, vendor info functions to enable or disable direct in a list like People or Computers. Sorted via System and sho if they are turned of or on via a policy.

At the Moment i must open all policys to see if a device is allowed or blocked. A global list will reduce configuration overlaps in large envoirments.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. AD synchronisation log and configdetails at central

is it possible to display the last Synchronisation result of the ad sync in sophos central? my college is not capable of viewing the AD-Server but has rights to see the cloud central. On the Server the rusult is very detailed but online there is no log for filters, OU-structure and other informations.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Edit the Dashboard via drag and drop / close unwanted informations

It would be great if i can Close or ad reports to the Dashboard and safe my config in Profile.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. View connected-clients to a Cache-Server in Eventlist-style

I'd like to see wich Client is connected to a local Cache Server, and when the last connect was in the viewing-style like "Events" and not in a popup-window.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. events description on local installation

The whole informations, especially "Zugriff auf Verzeichnis translate.xxxxxxxxxx wurde gespert für..." on the events page on local installations cannot get read directly on the local client, because of one of this reasons:
    - window is to small
    - no popup on mouseover
    - more information at choose one of the events
    We are using 11.5.2 at the moment

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support for 32-bit Win 7/8/10 and above

From Sophos Central, it seems that the “protect from remotely run ransomware” is only available to 64-bit systems. What about 32-bit Win 7 and other OS? Also, “Protect Document files from ransomware (CryptoGuard)” is not available for the 32-bit Windows systems. If possible, please provide support for 32-bit systems as well.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.