Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disable a

This is in regard to Phish Threat. It would be great to disable training auto enrollment for training if a user falls victim to a spam campaign. Also to disable the splash page that says this was just for training purposes. The reason I would like this is to allow for a period of time to roll out campaigns for data collection only. This way the users are not aware of the start of a campaign.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  New idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Archive scanning behavior

Scanning of archives seems very inconsistent when the contents are encrypted. We see two behaviors in the e-mail sent "SAV message from: SYSTEM" for weekly scans:

1. We get scores of e-mail's. Are guess is one for each directory traversed since it there are files in the archive than e-mail's sent.

2. We get only just a few even though the archive contains multiple directories and files.

Are first idea is to not send multiple e-mail's about encrypted archive, especially if the contents are just the some repeated line (25 times),

Scanning "C:...\FILE.zip" returned SAV Interface error 0xa0040212: The file is encrypted.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General Endpoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. TestIdea

This is a test

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  New idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I have an idea for Sophos Endpoint Security and Control. Currently the application is only available in a 32-bit version. I'd like one

I have an idea for Sophos Endpoint Security and Control. Currently the application is only available in a 32-bit version. I'd like one day for there to be a 64-bit version.

Any questions let me know.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sophos Enterprise Console (SEC)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Standalone installer needed for ALL Sophos products

Endpoint has a standalone installer, but where is it for both Intercept X and Exploit Protection?
    The "Enterprise Console" is overkill for two PCs - both laptops. There doesn't even seem to be a version for Windows 10 Pro or Windows 7 Ultimate. Even if there is one, it means they have to both be switched on AND on the same LAN, otherwise the one without the Console doesn't get updated.

I now have a licence for Exploit Prevention that is being used up and I cannot even install the software.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Secure DNS for router protection

A suggested product to partner with Sophos Home would be a secure DNS that would be added at the home router level.
    I currently use a similar service from Norton (http://DNS.norton.com) and would love to see Sophos come out with a similar service, in the not too distant future.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Application Control - Sysinternals

While the SysInternals tools are very useful for Sys Admins, however regular uses don't have a need for these tools. It would be nice to be able to better monitor the use of these tools via application control.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Manual registration of PC endpoint

When it happens that a PC is renamed or its object is deleted from console before client is uninstalled, should be possible to re-enable (authorize) so that it can be either re-added to the PC list or anti-tamper protection can be disabled. I can see that each endpoint is identified by a GUID, so it should be possible for the admin, to manual register such a client.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. DLP rules Mexico

Is there a chance to build data control rules based in Mexican requirements. Have you grabbed some based in personal data ID numbers (RFC, CURP, INE, Social Security, etc) as well as invoicing xml/pdf standard used?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Leakage Prevention (DLP)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Firewall for standalone users:

More intuitive settings and direction to find additional application checksums, and where these are located. Maybe a pop-up to assist with adding these as well.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Different Roles must have different views

Different Admin Roles can assign different Console views.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. UAC

Add UserAccountControlSettings.exe to the app control list

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cisco Anyconnect

Add Cisco Anyconnect and other well known VPN clients to Sophos Endpoint Application Control

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. message personnalisées (reboot serveur suite MAJ)

Bonjour,

J'aimerais si possible pour la console SEC d'émettre des messages personnalisés (mail) visant à alerter lorsqu'un serveur nécessite de redémarrer pour appliquer une mise à jour majeure de sophos.

Merci d'avance,

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sophos Enterprise Console (SEC)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Virus Data Update - More frequent please!

As of today 29 May, my Sophos Virus Data is dated 2 May as the latest.
    This is a bit too outdated and it caused problem to login to some system that does not allow login if your AV signature is older than 14 days.

May I suggest Sophos beef up its update frequency?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Updating  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. UC Browser Version 6.1.2015.1007 Not Getting Blocked on Sophos Cloud Endpoint Application Control.

UC Browser Version 6.1.2015.1007 Not Getting Blocked on Sophos Cloud Endpoint Application Control.

Sophos Cloud Endpoint Version 11.5.4

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Segregate notifications based on policy

I have a DLP policy that I don't want all my Central admins to receive emails for. I want to specify which users receive emails for the DLP policy.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Leakage Prevention (DLP)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Segregated Workstations' Report of all the Consoles

Team, as the Sophos Partner Portal has many consoles listed and reporting to it. It is difficult to check all the consoles individually for the workstations' health status. We, as a customer, pull the reports weekly of total workstations in the Portal, there should be an easier way to segregate the workstation report of all the consoles.
    This will save our time as currently we are checking every console data for the workstations/server and that is time consuming. So there should be an option to export the workstations' report of all the consoles in the Portal.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Installer removes previous Sophos versions without deleting offline deployment content

For Sophos Endpoint deployment, there's a useful option to include all the files the Sophos installer would normally download to "prevent a large initial update from the Internet" as detailed in this KB article https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/121318.
    The files for offline deployment are stored in %ProgramData%\Sophos\AutoUpdate\data\warehouse.
    This folder should not be deleted when customers who are using Sophos Endpoint Security and Control run 'SophosInstall.exe -tps remove' (remove third-party software parameter).
    Currently, the %ProgramData%\Sophos... folders are removed while uninstalling the Endpoint Security and Control products, which deletes the offline install content, forcing SophosInstall.exe to download the content again and effectively punishing any…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sophos for virtual environment

According to me, it would make sense to build a kind of AV cluster for the product "Sophos for virtual environment", in which several SVM can be integrated. This AV cluster should have its own IP or DNS name. The Sophos Guest VM Agent is then to be sent to this address. In the event of a SVM failure, this is not noticed because another SVM takes over the function and can be ensured that the AV protection can be granted.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.