Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remote sdu

It would be helpful to be able to start an SDU through Sophos central instead of having to connect to the computer in question and start one.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General Endpoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow reactivate policies automatically.

Allow reactivate policies automatically.

Through policies, allow some modules to be deactivated at a specified time and for specific computers, and automatically reactivate at another specified time.

The objective is for users who use personal computers to have their navigation and / or application control restrictions disabled at the end of the working day and reactivated at the start of the next day.

Currently there is an option to expire the policies at a specific date and time, but not one to reactivate them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When will there be Sophos Endpoint Security compatibility with Windows security center

When will there be full compatibility Sophos Endpoint Security with Windows security center?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. For Sophos Web Control, could we have warning windows pops up for https websites which fall into the warn web usage category?

For Sophos Web Control, could we have warning windows pops up for https websites which fall into the warn web usage category? Currently warning windows will pop up for http websites which fall into the warn web usage category only.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Security/Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. support mac os

Sophos AV no longer supports 10.9.x, 10.10.x & 10.11.x this seems curious as Windows 7 and older versions of Windows server are still supported. I would really like to see these older version of macosx client supported but was told that Sophos AV does not provide support because Apple no longer provides security updates and therefore will not support the older versions Mac OS X. This reasoning is poor. After all these older versions were initially covered by our license, but now we lose out. Note, there have been many times in the past where applications where developed to fill…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Updating  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hash Values Validation Tool

Hi, Wanted to check with Sophos that possibilities following requirement can be done?

We subscribed Threat Intelligence report with service provider who is sharing the recent attacks and various vulnerabilities identified world wide on daily basis. They share report with IoC's which cause the attack like hash values, URL's, IP's, etc.

As a Security Analyst, we will check those IoC's with various security validation tools where the security solutions we have is capable to detect it or not. Like URL which is in the IoC list will be validated by online categorization checker. If the URL was categorized as Malicious…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Patch Management

Update client software like Microsoft / Office / Adobe Acrobat / WinZip etc. etc. from Sophos Central.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Patch Assessment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option to NOT show recovery key on Mac

Option to NOT show recovery key on Mac. I don't like how it appears so clearly - what happens if my laptop is stolen?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General Endpoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pure Message

Quarantine web frontend should contain ALL filtered content

We filter mails for potential malious attachments, e.g. office-macros, javascript, powershell, ....
    This does work as aspected and results in notifications to users, that this mail in quarantined.

But there are a lot of false positives. Users should see the link to the personal quarantine and should be able to forward / clean those filtered mails in self service.
    At this time they dont get the link to the quarantine AND (if they manually call that self service portal) they only see filtered spam.

Potential malisous attachments are defined NOT to be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. PC Helpline

IQ TechLine has been providing quick and reliable solutions to users as well as businesses through PC helpline number. Their IT experts are always ready to deliver most reliable and enhanced services to improve the performance of a system.
    Website:-https://www.iqtechline.com/support-for-pc-optimization

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  General Endpoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Endpoint added in multiple groups for applying device based policies for update and protection

Endpoint added in multiple groups, so in case will apply update management policy don't use caches for the endpoints, those are already a part of different group or groups for protection, web and application control policy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide Alerts for Servers with potentially rogue or unknown processes

I am looking for a policy that will go over the programs running on a server and provide alerts if there seems to be a rogue process that is being started. I thought the whole AI thing that Sophos was known for would do analytics on the servers/endpoints to alert if something seemed not normal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Update Sophos Version/Agent Manually to make up for lack of Control in Controlled Updates

Currently in Sophos Central we can add servers to a Test Group and prevent all other servers from having their agent update.
    This is completely inadequate. Need to be able to create more Server Groups and be able to update to the new version by server group.

Should be able to download a manual install for the new version and apply it to the servers while Controlled Updates is turned on.

This would allow us to update critical servers at a time of our choosing.

Right now, the option is Update All Servers - This is equivalent to pushing the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Updating  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Custom Policy Groups and AD Sync Topology

Active Directory Sync Topology High I want to use ad sync without re-design all exclusions again. Or please define custom sync policy for new computers. When sync process is detected new computer , it will assisgn to default group. Afterwards I will move it to related group. And on next sync, it will be available on assigned group Recently , when I use sync and auto install feature , it is required to define active directory OU for policy groups . there is no additional solution to define custom groups without changing active directory .

I don’t want to manage…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mail Alerts for service management tools /system admins

Mail Alerts

As attached file, there is no more details for related alerts.
    Please add more details for attached alerts which is appeared on console screen. By the way, in ITIL framework I want to use one of mailbox to check alerts and creating incident when mail arrived on related mailbox. So you application is not compatible for service management tools to reduce admin operation. Your application is required to daily login console to check all alerts. So I want to save time for admins.

In this case , as I explained on smtp configuration , you can update your…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Effective Exclusion Policy Management

Defining Exclusion Policy

I want to Define global policy and assign it with inheritance to all sub policies.
    On sub policies , the summary exclusion policy will gobal + sub policies.

Or please define exclusion list for policy, I want to assign for server by server with merging related exclusions. If you have using some of frameworks to define these usage scenario, I want to explain that it is not useful. I have worked with itil, togaf and also ISO/IEC . your solution is not compatible for use cases .

For instance, Microsoft define exclusion list for general servers on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SMTP configuration

SMTP configuration

Please define global smtp server configuration to use for all mail alerts on policies

You can also define one of global server settings for smtp server. And you can use this setting for all policies by activating related mail alerts.

I have to maintain all of policies and mail configurations, isn’t it ?

It is not best solution to define smtp server policy by policy. As you see as below, I have too many policies and in this solution it is increasing my operation cost .

And review other products feature for smtp alerts as same as mcafee…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sophos Enterprise Console (SEC)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. desinstallation sophos endpoint

Merci a Sophos de trouver une solution simple et rapide pour désinstallation leur soft client Desinstallation sophos endpoint sur PC .

Merci.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to cancel manual scan initiated on client.

A simple feature provided by other leading vendors is the ability to cancel a long-running manual scan. This is a basic User Interface feature. The alternative is for the user to reboot which is very counterproductive. It could be controlled via a policy if that is not desired by all customers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sophos compatible with Airwhatch product

Hello Team,

I have a customer that have suggested that Sophos be compatible with Airwhatch .

Any ideas if that can happened in the future?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.