Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Malware Removal More Powerful

Sophos is really good at finding malware, but not so good at cleaning it up. Half the time it requires, "Manual Cleanup." If it had better/more powerful removal capabilities, that would be fantastic.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID Staging Test
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Malware prevention  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable contact to MacFeedback.Sophos.com

Sophos Endpoint Protection für OSX makes a call back to MacFeedback.Sophos.com. We need to disable this "Feature" as we do not know which information are send to Sophos and we need compliance to the GDPR - https://gdpr-info.eu/.

It would be great to have a switch to stop using "MacFeedback.Sophos.com"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General Endpoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MFA - Endpoint protection

Get email alerts when an admin turns off the MFA on an account. Flagg up non MFA accounts in the alerts dashboard and allow an exception for the Sophos AD sync tool.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Endpoint Protection - show last login/update

I'd really like it, if under Computer Management -> Manage Computers, it show the last update/login date of the computers in the list.
    This way it would be easier to keep track of old systems that are no longer updating.
    I'm sure that this also would be useful in the full version, for administrators to keep track of systems that are no longer using/need licences.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Wording Change on Message Box

A user where we work tried to download a regular pdf we had a Sophos Endopoint File transfer request blocked pop up window and it said " if you wish to transfer this file you need to allow it".
    It caused confusion because she was trying to download a file and not transfer one. Can the word 'transfer' be changed to 'download' for clarity?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Possibility to install own (monitoring) software on Sophos for Virtual Environments VM

Currently the sophos user does not have enough permissions to install any additional software of packages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Virtualisation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. GPS location of Endpoint user

Our users are getting more mobile than ever and it's good to know where they were geographically last time Sophos Endpoint checked in. It would allow us to know if they were connected to the corporate network or not if they got infected with a threat, for instance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Manual Alert Acknowledgement

Hey All,

I would like to suggest the idea of providing a check box / option that forces manual acknowledgement of alerts. We are a financial organization, and have very strict security policies surrounding our systems. One of these policies involves have any PC that has a malicious detection pulled from the network and fully scanned with multiple utilities to ensure no trace of the threat is present.

Here is where the suggestion comes in. With Sophos, if it detects the initial threat and cleans it, it automatically clears the alert from the Console. We (InfoSec) receive an e-mail alert,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Malware prevention  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add applications to application control Policy

I need to ability to block my own applications. I have PC's downloading and running exe files that I dont want them too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow file type blocks/allows to be managed by web site/domain instead of only by separate policies based on a list of users.

For example: I need to allow my users to open PDF files generated by my hosted ERP systems URL but want to warn users before opening PDF files on general Internet URLs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. HP OfficeJet Pro 8615 Setup for Mac?

You can easily complete the 123.hp.com/ojpro 8615 setup on your Mac computer. Firstly, complete your printer hardware setup and then complete the wireless setup. You can also choose a wired connection. Lastly, navigate to 123.hp.com/ojpro 8615 on your Mac computer and download the HP Easy Start software. Now just open the downloaded .dmg file and complete the setup. If you face some issues while installation and setup try our blogs at 123.hp.com/ojpro8615 to get the best printer setup and troubleshooting queries. You can also contact our HP Customer support team at the toll-free number +1-888-214-1820 who are really experts and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. tag

Device Tags - Would like to be able to tag devices with arbitrary text for categorization and searching ease.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. We would to have SophosSetup.exe as an installer MSI format with parameters.

End point protection installer in windows installer MSI format with parameters please.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Virus email notification

move virus email notification from the workstations to the SEC. Most workstations have smtp disabled for security so if a virus hits it admins are unaware until the nightly summary report. by moving it to the SEC admins are notified in a more timely manner

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sophos Enterprise Console (SEC)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. MFA

Currently, when enabling the setting to require MFA for all admins, it breaks the AD Sync tool. The only way around this is to manually add Admins to the list required to use MFA. This is a potential security issue as it is easy to forget to do this. I would like to see a feature added where MFA can be set to required for all admins, but the ability to add an exception for instances such as the account used for AD Sync. Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mpcs Payment

I have given the best way to share the mpcs payment online.
    https://bit.ly/2IhSNYa

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Malicious Traffic Detection (MTD)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Put a PAUSE / Stop button on the Central Endpoint scans!

Put a PAUSE button on the Central Endpoint scans! When it is scanning it makes using the computer next to impossible with high resource usage. All applications are slow to respond, if at all. Sometimes need to use the computer during a scheduled scan--no choice now but to Cancel the scan. Unfortunately Sophos has not provided an option to rescue his work. All other antivirus and anti-malware software have PAUSE buttons. Why not Sophos? Sophos theme is security made simple. So pls do not complicate. Need a button pls.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Console  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sophos Endpoint - In Web Cotrol, split Proxies & Translators

Sophos Endpoint
    Under Policies, in Web Cotrol, split Proxies & Translators in two different categories.
    I would like to block Proxies but allow Translators .
    There are too much differencies to group them togheter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Security/Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow for deletion of files flagged for Manual removal from within the Sophos dashboard

Allow for deletion of files flagged for Manual removal from within the Sophos dashboard.
    I have been told that there are various issues preventing this. If this is indeed completely not possible, I would like a detailed explanation as to why this is not possible.
    The issue we face is that we have users who work internationally who are not always available due to the nature of their work and the time zone in which they are working from. Asking a user to delete a file (mail attachment) that is stored within a Mac's mail app with in the OSX…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Path on virtual drives

Please show in Central the actual file path on virtual disks, at the moment you only see the name: HardDiskVolumeXXX. Please also note case 8878429!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.