Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. sophos central setup update via time

I'm requesting for sophos to include an option in central for us to setup sophos updates via time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General Endpoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Isolation UX enhancement

The current design of isolation UI for Windows is to pop up an alert on the notification area, which I assume Sophos utilizes Windows feature, then disappears after a short while. End users who missed this popup will be isolated from the network not knowing why it is happening. Isolation can be initiated by sysadmin in the EDR feature, but can happen unexpectedly if auto-isolation is enabled and an endpoint fails in red status. This unwanted event is occasionally observed mainly due to one of Sophos service failure - Central Device Encryption is the most observed. If the isolation message…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. aol password reset

Ever want to know how to change your aol password. You can update your AOL password for a variety of reasons, including protection and convenience. However, since the official website of AOL password reset change tab, a sudden and unexpected "change AOL password" order can catch you off guard. So you can easily visit our website and we can help to fix all your problems. You can also call on this number (866) 439-1064.
    https://www.emailsfix.com/aol-email/how-do-i-change-my-aol-password/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Specific exclusions on one system

As you get larger with mre and more servers it is becoming more difficult to keep adding new policies. We have some servers that need to be part of every policy so are forced to keep cloning and building more and more policies. Would like to be able to just add an exclusion at the server or endpoint level that is only specific to that system and not need to modify the entire policy. Sometimes the policy includes other systems that do not require the same exclusion and it is strange to just have one whole new policy for only…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. File type blocking

I would like the ability to block a specific file type globally. I see general options in the system but would like to globally be able to block something more specific like block all .mht files from anything in my network

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. web control policy customize url block page

I would like to request access to customize the blocked page that users see when they attempt a blocked URL. I would like to add our logo and change the message that is displayed on the page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. SSL Sites - Better Support

Endpoint Protection currently doesn't handle SSL websites particularly well.

We would like the ability to block or allow specific folders within a site. e.g. sites.google.com/view I would like to block since Google don't seem to remove the hundreds of phishing pages contained within, whereas sites.google.com/companyname is for corporate access, however we can't block one without the other currently as Sophos only sees the https://sites.google.com portion of the address.

Another issue is that you can set up allow/block lists which don't work, and the system doesn't inform you of any conflicts, so you can add https://sites.google.com/view to a category and block…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Security/Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Realtime and on access scanning for Linux version 20.04 and above.

My company has increased our Server licensing to cover our new Linux web fabric, just to find out that Sophos does not support a version of Linux that has been out for over a year now.
    Please update to remedy this.
    Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Linux Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Searchable List When adding exemptions

When adding Peripheral Exemptions based on Detected peripherals, there should be a searchable option for either the last user or the specific computer that it was detected.
    It becomes unmanageable to trace a specific detected peripheral over time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Device Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Risky Downloads

Add the ability to control what file extensions are classed as Risky Downloads through the Web Control policy in Endpoint Protection. We would like to be able to add more file extensions to the list but I've been told by support that currently it's not possible at the moment and submit a feature request. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unified Temper Protection Password

Hello,

I would like to have the option to set a unified temper protection password.
    This way I could deactivate every client without checking the explicit Client.

So not every one of my co-workers has to know how to access the temper password of every single client.

This would help me and my co-workers a lot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Device Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. web control

Can you please create the same list of applications list so we will be able to block some websites like :

• Online storage

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Web Security/Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to restore files which have been Quarantined/Cleaned up

As title, it would be nice if we could restore files which have been Quarantined/Cleaned up, rather than having to restore from backup. This feature is present in other AV's like Webroot.

This can be a pain to restore sometimes when things are falsely flagged as malicious

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sophos Endpoint Agent "Offline Installer"

The "Sophos Endpoint Agent" should successfully finish the installation process after the successful installation and setup of its own service. The installation of the other Sophos components should not be part of this installation routing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Website Management - increase URL limit

Increase number of blocked website past 5,000 limit, also add date blocked so we can remove older entries.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. push defenation update

I suggest to provide an option where the admin can push update to all devices at once from central console rather than selecting device one by one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to collect the Detected Binary or File from Sophos Central

I would like the ability to have the actual malware samples that were detected on an Endpoint accessible for post breach incident response and mitigation. Ideally once a file is detetced it will be moved or uploaded to Sophos Central and an Administrator can download the file in a ZIP. If this is not possible instead of deleting the file I would like it encrypted and moved to ProgramData so it can be collected after by Incident responders.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incident response  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add on-access scanning kernel module in use to savdstatus output

When running the following command to check if on-access scanning is running it would be beneficial to have which kernel module is in use (Fanotify or Talpa):

sudo /opt/sophos-av/bin/savdstatus

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Linux Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. DLP: Needs macOS support

It is 2020 and macOS is a common workplace device. We require the ability to prevent file transfers containing PHI and other protective information, as well as create custom rules. This needs to be revisited

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Data Leakage Prevention (DLP)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.