Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Single Download for a Full Installer that is automatically updated with the latest updates.

Some of my customers have really bad internet which means that installing your software is beyond a joke for 30 or 40 PCs, I ended up creating a single installer from your white papers however a location to download a FullInstaller that always kept up to date with downloads would be really useful meaning that only future updates would need downloading.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Updating  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ll look again at the issue of “fat” or “single” installers in the future. We are currently working on an even thinner installer but that should pave the way to more flexibility and could mean an easier way to create your own customised (read fat) installer. We stopped creating the fat installers as they become out of date very quickly and we now also have more components to download and install for some licenses which would mean creating even more installers, better to have a “vanilla” installer that all can use and a method for customers who need a fat installer to create their own. No promises on a timeline for this yet though.

2. Delayed AutoUpdate

We would like to see a feature to delay the autoupdate check on the Mac endpoint client. When Sophos starts the autoupdate process right away after a user is logged in, the machine can take a bit of a performance hit with all of the other processes starting up at the same time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Updating  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Real time notification for updates

Feature Request Summary

How will this new feature address your business requirements?: Stop dealing with outdated error messages as they spook the customer

How would you rate the importance of this feature?; 1 = Critical, 5 = Nice-to-have: 2

Notes:

This seems like less of a ‘feature’ to be requested and more of a bug to be fixed, but I have filled in the form regardless. I think an issue that occurred
    in the past and has been deemed resolved or superseded in this case by a succesful update then there is no need for a popup alert regarding this…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Alert user if no user/password entered for update

During install of endpoint antivirus it ask if user want to enter now or after the login/password.
    If user choose "after" Antivirus doesn't udpate and only say "Impssible to connect".

Please correct message with "Please enter login/password to download updates"
    Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Support for Windows server 2016 as update cache server in Sophos Central

When Sophos Central is installed on a Windows 2016 server this server cannot be selected to use as update cache for all other clients in Sophos Central. This is only possible on Windows 2008, 2008R2, 2012 and 2012 R2. Windows 2016 is available since september 2016.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. when Sophos tells me thatI need to download a new version, I should not need to manuall uninstall the existing version first

When Sophos tells me to download a new version, I should not need to uninstall the old version manually, Sophos installer should do this automatically

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Virus Data Update - More frequent please!

As of today 29 May, my Sophos Virus Data is dated 2 May as the latest.
    This is a bit too outdated and it caused problem to login to some system that does not allow login if your AV signature is older than 14 days.

May I suggest Sophos beef up its update frequency?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. AutoUpdate should be way more than an hour

I think that having AutoUpdate set for an hour could be very noisy and we had an incident last Monday where there were a bunch of processes triggered by automatic updates. Is there a way to increase this to once or twice, maybe 3 times a day instead of every hour?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Updateservers free configuration possible (at the moment only in standalone installers available)

Please make the option available to configure the first and second updateserver free in SEC maged Endpoints.

At the moment i cant enter the Sophos Udateservers as the primary server/primary Updatelocation.

This would be Helpfull in case the headquarter has only limited upload bandwith and brachoffices get their updates from headquarter.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. audit feature to track changes to policies

I would like to know if there is a way to capture a list on excel compatable format of the various categories and options selected in each policy created. Especially in the controlled application
    list of each policy, so I can make sure they are kept updated based on the reporting and alerts raised. Or if there is a way to report on an audit of changes made to any policies created in Sophos cloud for checking or reference if there is a query helps with
    cybsecurity essentials

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sophos update duration for endpoint

Sophos update duration for endpoint clients.

we would like the feature to set day and time for sophos update for endpoint clients. currently Sophos policy only allow you specify number minutes to wait for endpoint client check for update.

our studio machines performance is effected by sophos update. we would like ability set endpoint update to occur ony at Mid-night to 2:00 am every day of the week.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.