Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cliqz

Hi, i miss the application Cliqz (https://cliqz.com/desktop) to block in the application-Policy section. Some user seems to capable to run this as portable Version, so that i'm out of control.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the capability to create path based software restrictions, similar to Group Policy.

Restrict executable files from running in local user paths.
    Group Policy Software Restrictions allows this based on Path (and other things) but the path one we use a lot for know malware that runs from Local %appdata% or other sub directories. You could then allow exceptions for those programs that are allowed to run form here.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Application Control / Category Games: Blocking game launcher (e.g. Steam, Uplay) instead of single games.

Blocking Game Launchers (e.g. Steam, Uplay)
    Most new games require certain launchers like steam or uplay to start - I think, these apps are missing in the current app list. I recommend to add such launchers to the app list which makes it much more easier to block games instead of trying to block single games (the list never can be complete).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Reporting - Application Control

Please add an option/additional column "Category" in report for Application Control. Now we can choose Application Control Expression * for all or select particular Application in report.
    Given that you already have defined categories it would be fine if we could make report e.g. for category "Remote management tool" for last two months.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Application Control - Sysinternals

While the SysInternals tools are very useful for Sys Admins, however regular uses don't have a need for these tools. It would be nice to be able to better monitor the use of these tools via application control.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. UC Browser Version 6.1.2015.1007 Not Getting Blocked on Sophos Cloud Endpoint Application Control.

UC Browser Version 6.1.2015.1007 Not Getting Blocked on Sophos Cloud Endpoint Application Control.

Sophos Cloud Endpoint Version 11.5.4

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. application control paths

Provide path information of detected items in the Sophos cloud console and in the local logs. Having a detected item with no path information as to where it's located makes mitigation very difficult.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Build Out Command Line Management Options

Expand the command line options for the installer/uninstaller.
    1. Be able to select with a cmd line switch which component to deploy
    -- example "sophosinstall.exe -install:aex -q" to install av, encryption and intercept-x
    2. Be able to assign a client to a generic installer. As an MSP it's a pain in the rear to generate an installtion file for each client.
    -- example sophosinstall.exe -install:ax -tenant:<unique central client id>
    3. Similar functionality to uninstall
    -- example sophosinstall.exe -remove:ax

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Application Control - Dell Bloatware

I am not sure for other PC manufacturers, but it would be nice to block/restrict applications such as:

Dell Foundation Services
    Dell Backup and Recovery
    Dell Digital Delivery
    Dell Protected Workspace

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. App Control

Block Steaming media apps like Netflix,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. POP UP ALLOW / DISALLOW in Endpoint Firewall

It would be nice to have POP UP control to ALLOW and DISALLOW new applications as they activate in Windows 10 just like it did in Windows 7. I am NOT a computer scientist nor a geek so I do not know what programs I need to NOW manually add to the firewall that I had previously automatically allowed prior to upgrading to Windows 10, nor do I know all the components that need to be added when there are multiple sub-program calls that need to be allowed.

This not only concerns applications, but even those parts of the Windows…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. End user control for some features

Every other AV we've used in corporate environments allows for SOME ability by the end user to add exclusions if needed, yet still disallowing them the ability to shut down protection overall. I'm told by Sophos support this is not an option at all here.

If you have a company with someone overseas, who is on the phone with a software vendor who is saying they should exclude a specific file, it would help if they COULD do that, rather than waiting 8 or 10 hours for someone to wake up on the other side of the world who can…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In the runtime section you have Java, Flash and Silverlight listed however in its entirety. Is it possible to expand the list to the version

In the runtime section you have Java, Flash and Silverlight listed however in its entirety. Is it possible to expand the list to the versions of these products as you do with Adobe Reader. We would like to block specific versions of Java, Flash and Silverlight?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.