Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

Suggest an Idea...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. To add additional programs from launching i.e OS Sierra

Users who are administrators on their Devices (Macs in this case) have the ability to upgrade to the latest OS released by Mac (or install any program they want on their systems).
    Is there away to add a custom Application Control to block certain Applications from launching?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We have a customer who is requesting to disable "Right-click scanning" option for standard user

We have a customer who is requesting to disable "Right-click scanning" option for standard user

Please add the option for admin users to be able to disable this feature.

Thank you,
    Cristian Stefan

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add additional colums to the reporting file

My application Control report does not indicate which applications are blocked. Please add a column for Application Control Group and the current status, Blocker or Authorized, for individual applications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. POP UP ALLOW / DISALLOW in Endpoint Firewall

It would be nice to have POP UP control to ALLOW and DISALLOW new applications as they activate in Windows 10 just like it did in Windows 7. I am NOT a computer scientist nor a geek so I do not know what programs I need to NOW manually add to the firewall that I had previously automatically allowed prior to upgrading to Windows 10, nor do I know all the components that need to be added when there are multiple sub-program calls that need to be allowed.

This not only concerns applications, but even those parts of the Windows…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. End user control for some features

Every other AV we've used in corporate environments allows for SOME ability by the end user to add exclusions if needed, yet still disallowing them the ability to shut down protection overall. I'm told by Sophos support this is not an option at all here.

If you have a company with someone overseas, who is on the phone with a software vendor who is saying they should exclude a specific file, it would help if they COULD do that, rather than waiting 8 or 10 hours for someone to wake up on the other side of the world who can…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. App Control creation of white and blacklists compared to adware and pua

It would be helpful if the list of applications is not only given by categories.
    Like by adware or pua the possibility to detect applications that are added to a custom list where you can decide to allow or prohibit the single application.
    After the detection mode you would change to blocking mode where the black/white listings will be enforced.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. In the runtime section you have Java, Flash and Silverlight listed however in its entirety. Is it possible to expand the list to the version

In the runtime section you have Java, Flash and Silverlight listed however in its entirety. Is it possible to expand the list to the versions of these products as you do with Adobe Reader. We would like to block specific versions of Java, Flash and Silverlight?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Setting Application Exemptions per device

I'd like to request a way to allow an application to run on a single machine without moving the machine to its own folder, creating a new policy, etc…
    This feature would be ideal when we have one-off applications that we don’t want to allow all people to use.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Cloud application control what isn't in compliance

I get alerts that say "Policy non-compliance: Application Control".
    This information isn't useful, I need to know which application isn't in complacence, so that I can decide if I need to unblock it or uninstall the software.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to add own apps to Authorised list as we have many in house tools which we would like to have control over.

Ability to add own apps to Authorised list as we have many in house tools which we would like to have control over.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Application Control - Selective detect/block aplications on the same policy

On the Application Control, allow, on the same policy, to block some applications while keeping others as detect only.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Karl responded

We discussed this when developing the application control policy for Sophos Central managed endpoints. At the time we decided to maintain feature parity with on-premise managed endpoints (SEC). While this capability is not available it is on our short list but does not appear on any planned delivery timelines at the moment. We evaluate and prioritize enhancements for the product multiple times per year.

12. App Control list

I would like to be able to extract the effective block/allow actions on Application Control. I plan to have 5 different policies and would need an export of each one for management approval. I see no way to do this currently, except to click through each group setting.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mac OS X detection and cleanup for PUA

Addition of detection and cleanup for Mac based PUA (Potentially Unwanted Applications)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.