Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Malware Removal More Powerful

Sophos is really good at finding malware, but not so good at cleaning it up. Half the time it requires, "Manual Cleanup." If it had better/more powerful removal capabilities, that would be fantastic.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Malware prevention  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Manual Alert Acknowledgement

Hey All,

I would like to suggest the idea of providing a check box / option that forces manual acknowledgement of alerts. We are a financial organization, and have very strict security policies surrounding our systems. One of these policies involves have any PC that has a malicious detection pulled from the network and fully scanned with multiple utilities to ensure no trace of the threat is present.

Here is where the suggestion comes in. With Sophos, if it detects the initial threat and cleans it, it automatically clears the alert from the Console. We (InfoSec) receive an e-mail alert,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Malware prevention  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatic external drive scanning option

Hi Team,
    I am working in the resller company. Every customers are concerning about this automatic USB scanning feature (If we insert the pendrive, then it should scan automatically all the files (or) the wizard should ask for the scan.
    So this would be good, if we had this feature.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Malware prevention  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sophos Quick Scan

Currently Sophos has no option to perform a quick scan on the affected endpoint. A quick scan can quickly scan the mostly affected areas of an operating system (for eg. memory, registry, currently running processes, startup entries etc.) in and under 10-15 minutes.

This Quick Scan could largely benefit users who want to occasionaly run a scan but don't as the only option they are left with is a full system scan.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Malware prevention  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. malwarebytes

Malwarebytes service and SOPHOS endpoint control on my pc worked together for almost a year. On or after the second Tuesday of the month, they no longer work concurrently. I either have to A) stop malwarebytes service and reboot, or B) turn-off SOPHOS Real Time internet scanning for four (4) hours, for them to work together on my PC.

If Malwarebytes service and SOPHOS work together for the last three weeks, then all my browsers freeze.

I am a Super Admin for the Iowa Attorney General's Office. Please restore the simultaneous functioning of Malwarebytes service and SOPHOS real time internet…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Honey Pot

I would like the ability to be able to setup honey pots files that will automatically lockout the user or computer if the file is accessed or altered. It seems that AV is a natural place to build in this feature. For example I would like to have a file named "Client SS numbers.xlsx" that if accessed would notify me, to and block the node from acceing the server any more. I would also use as a second check agaist Crypto viruses. I would make one of the first and last files on the server a honeypot that if hit…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Scan exclusions at the software level

Problem: we have experienced input lag (typing in various fields) within one of our in-house applications. In troubleshooting, we have determined that Intercept X and Hitman Pro were scanning the software for long periods of time throughout the work day and causing this input lag. After disabling both, the problem is alleviated. My suggestion is to perhaps offer the ability to exclude software from scans at the agent level so that all machines that might be affected within any given software program are not scanned by Sophos and therefore no longer affected.

Refer to technical support case #7726204

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Malware category to Endpoint Protection and for URL Submission on Website

Add Malware as a category to Endpoint Protection, and as a website category when reporting a malicious URL on the Sophos Contact Support website.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Authorization for signed code

My response team uses Microsoft's PSTools. Sophos classifies them as PUA / Adware. I can go into my AV/HIPS policy and exempt file names, but that lets malicious actors hide from Sophos by using the same name. I can go into Authorization and exempt those that have already been detected, but I can't pre-emptively whitelist a tool that hasn't triggered an alert yet. I would prefer to be able to whitelist any EXE code that carries a legit Microsoft signature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. An option to prevent execution of software from temporary locations

Have an option configurable in Enterprise Manager which prevents program execution from temporary folders, particularly those used to interact with Web or Mail. Thus a file exe, js, vbs or whatever file could be prevented from running from the user IE temporary or download folders and from folders involved in Outlook or other mail clients. There could be a whitelist or other options to deal with problems.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Malware prevention  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability for SAV to cleanup infected file(s) that are inside an archive

Hi,

A Platinum customer would like the ability to have Sophos Anti-virus cleanup infected file(s) that are inside an archive where there are multiple files inside the archive where all files are not malicious.

Basically, they would like SAV to cleanup the malicious file which resides inside the archive but leave the archive intact with all the other legitimate files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Push button self submission from SAV

Allow users of Windows endpoints to simply submit suspicious files by clicking a button in the UI

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Malware prevention  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Windows tamper protection improvements

Improve protection of the Sophos installation from malicious actors

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Malware prevention  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Mac OS X automatic sample submission

Provide a facility to allow Live Protection to automatically collect suspicious files if requested by SophosLabs

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Malware prevention  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Mac OS X enhanced tamper protection

Improve protection of the Sophos installation from malicious actors

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.