Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

Suggest an Idea...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need to work on clusters with DRS

Should work on VCenter Clusters with DRS on

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Virtualisation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • smb V2 enabled

Following the security problems of SMB v1 operated by some ransonware some companies have decided to disable the smb v1 protocol. It would be interesting to be able to enable SMBv2 or SMBv3 for shares of Sophos Security VM or simply propose a procedure to activate SMB V2 or SMB V3

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Virtualisation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Sophos for Virtual Environments - SVM command line installation parameters

When installing the SVM, it would be beneficial to support command line arguments to automate the installation. Especially in large environments.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Sophos for Virtual Environments - Show GVM Count on Servers Page in Sophos Central

I am aware that the number of GVMs protected by any one SVM is visible from the SVM Summary page in Sophos Central, but is there any chance the UI can be updated to show this on the main Servers list to save having to keep going in and out of each SVM to see the count against each?

Basically an additional column on the Servers page in Sophos Central to show the amount of GVMs protected by each SVM

Thanks

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Sophos for Virtual Environment - GVM Exclusions

I am aware that there is a provision to have exclusions (according to best practice) for Windows based GVMs. However, is there any planned provision to have individual GVMs exclusions policies? Even if it follows the methodology of:
            \\<servername>\<Drive>\<Folder>\
            \\<servername>\<Drive>\<Folder>\<Filename>
            It would certainly help strike a balance between performance and security or reverting to installing the full agent and client on the server thereby negating the point of having SVE.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Sophos for Virtual Environments - Load Balancing Capability

Sophos for Virtual Environments v1.2.0 introduced GVM Migration functionality providing High Availability/Fail-Over. This is great, but I am seeing an issue where the GVMs aren't distributed nicely across the SVMs I have created.

I have setup 19 SVMs and included all IPs in the additional_svms.txt on each. What I have found when using a gold image to deploy the GVM Agent to multiple virtual pools is that one SVM is favored above all others (600+ on one SVM)

This results in performance issues... these are evident when running loadavg and nproc commands.

So my request is, can SVE be updated…

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Virtualisation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Sophos for Virtual Environment - message by malware

If malware is detected on the guest VM, the user get a only a message, that the operation is not possible ("you can't write to ..." or "you neet rights to ..."). I would prefer a message that point the user to malware for instance "sophos protection has denied access because detection ...."

5 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Virtualisation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.