Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

Suggest an Idea...

Assign server group membership using a configuration setting on the endpoint.

We use Citrix PVS (Provisioning Services) to dynamically create XenApp servers from one gold image.
I followed Article 120560. All good.
Where I have a problem is the Group Assignment in Sophos Central.
My base Gold Image servers are assigned to a group called "Master".
Now I boot one production server using the new Image.
It appears in the Unassigned list. I have to manually assign it to the "Production" group and Policies.

I would like to be able to either specify the Group in a configuration file or registry key that survives the procedure I follow in Article 120560.
I recognize that all my servers will be in the same group. The Masters and the Production servers.
The command line options show a --devicegroup option. Where is this stored and can I change it after the installation is done?

The other option is to allow group assignments to be done using server name wildcards.
All my servers are xa1..., xa2...,
A simple wildcard assignment would work well for me.

Another option is simple to allow admins to pre-create server names in the console.
I don't create new names all the time. If I could create the names of all my servers and assignment them to the group that solves my problem.

Thanks

2 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ivo Duarte shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.