Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

Suggest an Idea...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Application Control - Selective detect/block aplications on the same policy

On the Application Control, allow, on the same policy, to block some applications while keeping others as detect only.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Karl responded

We discussed this when developing the application control policy for Sophos Central managed endpoints. At the time we decided to maintain feature parity with on-premise managed endpoints (SEC). While this capability is not available it is on our short list but does not appear on any planned delivery timelines at the moment. We evaluate and prioritize enhancements for the product multiple times per year.

2. Whitelisting applications for application control instead of blacklisting

Currently the SAV console allows for app blacklisting, it would be good to see a feature for blacklisting aswell. i.e. the give a list of applications which are allowed to run, rest can be blocked by default.

We have list of 250+ applications being used by the teams, I would like to see if we can have option to only allow the ones that are authorized, rest are blocked.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Application version control

Additional options in Application Control, especially for browsers.

Being able to block:

Versions of Chrome < X (Chrome current version is 62)
    Versions of Firefox < X (Firefox current version is 57)

Being able to block versions of Chrome < 59 and Firefox < 53 would be a great start in killing off legacy browsers with lots of vulnerabilities from being permitted to browse the Internet.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to add own apps to Authorised list as we have many in house tools which we would like to have control over.

Ability to add own apps to Authorised list as we have many in house tools which we would like to have control over.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Force policy update

A button to force policy update on Sophos Central endpoints would be nice.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Schedule Disable tamper Protection.

As you maybe know there are problems with IASO systemstate backups in combination with sophos antivirus.
    https://community.sophos.com/products/endpoint-security-control/f/sophos-endpoint-software/95786/freeze-thaw-vss-failures-when-sophos-av-is-utilized/374472

The workaround is

1. Disable Tamper Protection on the affected servers
    2. Open Services.msc on each server
    3. Stop and Disable the Sophos Health service
    4. Reboot server and test backups

At Sophos managed central its possible to tamper protection manually for a device.

Is it possible to schedule the "disable Tamper Protection" at a certain time in Sophos managed central?

Then we can add a pre backup job to the IASO backup systemstate backup job to disable the sophos healt services and…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Build Out Command Line Management Options

Expand the command line options for the installer/uninstaller.
    1. Be able to select with a cmd line switch which component to deploy
    -- example "sophosinstall.exe -install:aex -q" to install av, encryption and intercept-x
    2. Be able to assign a client to a generic installer. As an MSP it's a pain in the rear to generate an installtion file for each client.
    -- example sophosinstall.exe -install:ax -tenant:<unique central client id>
    3. Similar functionality to uninstall
    -- example sophosinstall.exe -remove:ax

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Application Control - Event Viewer - Please provide location of the found application.

Application Control - Event Viewer - Please provide location of the found application.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Cloud application control what isn't in compliance

I get alerts that say "Policy non-compliance: Application Control".
    This information isn't useful, I need to know which application isn't in complacence, so that I can decide if I need to unblock it or uninstall the software.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. App Control list

I would like to be able to extract the effective block/allow actions on Application Control. I plan to have 5 different policies and would need an export of each one for management approval. I see no way to do this currently, except to click through each group setting.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mac OS X detection and cleanup for PUA

Addition of detection and cleanup for Mac based PUA (Potentially Unwanted Applications)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. yandex

hi,

There are problems with YandEx. There are thirty application types from google. For Yandex, we need that much detail.

web side and application side are very inadequate.

I want a download / upload solution for yandex applications.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. application control paths

Provide path information of detected items in the Sophos cloud console and in the local logs. Having a detected item with no path information as to where it's located makes mitigation very difficult.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We need a Sophos - Rule for selective Macro using. As an Example, we have to disable all the Macros, but not some local own Macros!

We need a Sophos - Rule for selective Macro using. As an Example, we have to disable all the Macros, but not some local own Macros!
    The Problem is, if you disable the Macros within a GPO, the Excel Functions/Macros don't run anmore. Your own VBA used for Outlook as an Example can't be run oder selfcertificated.
    We would like to have control like the Hardware Control for the USB - Sticks as an Example!
    Best regards Juergen Linder

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Setting Application Exemptions per device

I'd like to request a way to allow an application to run on a single machine without moving the machine to its own folder, creating a new policy, etc…
    This feature would be ideal when we have one-off applications that we don’t want to allow all people to use.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Microsoft Remote Desktop store app

Please allow us to enable/disable Microsoft Remote Desktop from the Microsoft App store. For some reason it's being blocked even though I have all the RDP options unchecked in Application control. I submitted a ticket for this and another application and they said i need to submit a suggestion.

How is it a suggestion when it doesn't work as designed?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Browser extention control

Allow or block browser extensions/Addons based on a whitelist.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Block Adobe Acrobat versions which are EOL

Adobe Acrobat 8 is available to blacklist. Update the option to allow blocking EOL versions of Adobe Acrobat & Acrobat Pro. Today, version 11 or earlier is end of life.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. portable

Hi, i miss the application Keepass Password Safe to block in the application-Policy section. Some user seems to capable to run this as portable Version, so that i'm out of control

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. kaspersky

Block Kaspersky AV product similar to AVG and AVAST under Application control.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.