Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

Endpoint Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Endpoint Protection. Comprehensive security for users and data

Suggest an Idea...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Endpoint added in multiple groups for applying device based policies for update and protection

Endpoint added in multiple groups, so in case will apply update management policy don't use caches for the endpoints, those are already a part of different group or groups for protection, web and application control policy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General Endpoint  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide Alerts for Servers with potentially rogue or unknown processes

I am looking for a policy that will go over the programs running on a server and provide alerts if there seems to be a rogue process that is being started. I thought the whole AI thing that Sophos was known for would do analytics on the servers/endpoints to alert if something seemed not normal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. EDR

Receiving an email alert when a new item is added into the Threat Analysis Center would be a great benefit.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Incident investigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More Granular Control over Roles

We need more control over the user roles. Should allow super admins to have full control over the Roles, and pick and choose what the "admin", "helpdesk", etc... roles have access to. For example, we don't want anyone but super admins, to have access to "Account Settings", but there is no way to disable that for the specific roles...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mac .DMG install package..desperately needed.

Installation on Thousands of Mac's is practically impossible with an app installer. Why would you not give a .dmg install pachage that could be sent out via MDM solutions such as JAMF Casper or others? We can not rely on thousands of end user, in our case students from grade 5-12th to run through an install package. If we had known this beforehand, Sophos would not have been considered...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Custom Policy Groups and AD Sync Topology

Active Directory Sync Topology High I want to use ad sync without re-design all exclusions again. Or please define custom sync policy for new computers. When sync process is detected new computer , it will assisgn to default group. Afterwards I will move it to related group. And on next sync, it will be available on assigned group Recently , when I use sync and auto install feature , it is required to define active directory OU for policy groups . there is no additional solution to define custom groups without changing active directory .

I don’t want to manage…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mail Alerts for service management tools /system admins

Mail Alerts

As attached file, there is no more details for related alerts.
    Please add more details for attached alerts which is appeared on console screen. By the way, in ITIL framework I want to use one of mailbox to check alerts and creating incident when mail arrived on related mailbox. So you application is not compatible for service management tools to reduce admin operation. Your application is required to daily login console to check all alerts. So I want to save time for admins.

In this case , as I explained on smtp configuration , you can update your…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Effective Exclusion Policy Management

Defining Exclusion Policy

I want to Define global policy and assign it with inheritance to all sub policies.
    On sub policies , the summary exclusion policy will gobal + sub policies.

Or please define exclusion list for policy, I want to assign for server by server with merging related exclusions. If you have using some of frameworks to define these usage scenario, I want to explain that it is not useful. I have worked with itil, togaf and also ISO/IEC . your solution is not compatible for use cases .

For instance, Microsoft define exclusion list for general servers on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. SMTP configuration

SMTP configuration

Please define global smtp server configuration to use for all mail alerts on policies

You can also define one of global server settings for smtp server. And you can use this setting for all policies by activating related mail alerts.

I have to maintain all of policies and mail configurations, isn’t it ?

It is not best solution to define smtp server policy by policy. As you see as below, I have too many policies and in this solution it is increasing my operation cost .

And review other products feature for smtp alerts as same as mcafee…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sophos Enterprise Console (SEC)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to cancel manual scan initiated on client.

A simple feature provided by other leading vendors is the ability to cancel a long-running manual scan. This is a basic User Interface feature. The alternative is for the user to reboot which is very counterproductive. It could be controlled via a policy if that is not desired by all customers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sophos compatible with Airwhatch product

Hello Team,

I have a customer that have suggested that Sophos be compatible with Airwhatch .

Any ideas if that can happened in the future?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow disabling the "No threats found" message

Although I've disabled Desktop Messaging across the board in Sophos Central, endpoint users are still getting "No threats found" notifications.

Sophos support has confirmed that there's no way to disable that message without editing the endpoint computer's registry to completely disable balloon notifications.

Please add the ability to easily disable the "No threats found" message, as well as any other messages that aren't covered by Desktop Messaging.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adding cyrillic symbols to DLP engine

Please add also cyrillic symbols into DLP engine in EPP.
    It's a very important feature for CIS countries' customers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Leakage Prevention (DLP)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enterprise Console Group - OU Checkbox

In Enterprise Console when creating the groups, can we have checkbox style to remove sub OUs from Monitoring.
    We have few OUs which are Linux Servers and wanted to exclude them from the Top Level OU.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adjust the number of lines shown on the DEVICE listing page.

In the hopes of speeding up response time from the console would it be possible to lower the number of machines listed when DEVICE is chosen from the OVERVIEW menu?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Reboot Required Updates

We have been seeing alot of reboot required on our systems/servers in the environment, with a message that computer is not protected. I understand that updates do require an update from time to time to update the software on the systems, but confused about why we are seeing these so frequently? Is there a way to set groups to have the software schedule a reboot at a certain time for a group of computers and then prompt (with popup), or reboot on logoff for the others by default action (with the exception of servers). This is just making me worried…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Updating  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. mac

With Sophos for Mac the annoying problem of Red Alarms in case of shut down clients (missing heartbeats) should urgently be solved. This can turn out critical if self isolation or isolation via firewall of clients is activated.
    A regular software shutdown must be registered by Sophos an sent to the Firewall/Central observation instance.
    Oterwise hundreds of alerts flood the Central platform an have to be sorted out by administrator.
    A regular shutdown is no cause for a red alert. If alerts for some reason would be necessary to inform the administrator, a yellow status is sufficient, avooding self isolation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sending out authenticated Emails from Endpoint

Endpoints send email alerts only through email server which accept emails without authentication. Such an "open relay" is a "no go". Sophos claims to be an "Gartner Endpoint Leader" in todays newsletter...

But what about the simple security things?

Im waiting for that function now for more then 10 years!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. USB Device file lock

Ability to block certain file types running from a USB device like .bat or .exe files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Device Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. EDR Threat Search to Cover All Sub-Estates on an Enterprise Dashboard

For now, EDR's feature Threat Search only covers a specific sub-estate (For and Enterprise Dashboard) where a device of reference for a detection is a member of. Manually, the admin has to copy the artefact (SHA or filename) and threat search it to other sub-estates. It will be helpful to cover all sub-estates in the future for threat searches for easier administration and investigation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Incident investigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 50 51
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.