SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

Suggest an Idea...

SSL VPN: Convert .ovpn to .apc/.epc for Site-to-Site SSL Tunnels

Please make a tool to conver regular openvpn configuartion files to your apc/epc format. Without such a tool it is impossible to use an astaro as client for existing openvpn server.

533 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ruben PüttmannRuben Püttmann shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

121 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

528 votes seems pretty low. I know there are more people than that, that have be requested or needed this feature! We need this feature! Shouldn't be to difficult to implement.

• BrentBrent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1 more request for OpenVPN support on site-to-site. I spent 12 hours today trying to establish a connection with no success.

• GregGreg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jeez. 528 votes and 7 years later and this still isn't implemented. What the heck? O_O

• e113@gmx.dee113@gmx.de commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello everybody,

for everybody who doesn't want to or wont wait for Sophos to implement this simple feature there is a very nice article describing nicely how to convert apc to ovpn: https://klenzel.de/2654

• bofhbofh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

... or instead of making a converter which may have to make too many decisions allow to use ovpn files.

Maybe in a first step with fewer options ?! Don't know if that might help.

Got some customers with OpenVPN Access Servers and/or virtual appliances. Would be great to interconnect complete Networks to them with UTM as openvpn client.

• CT AdminCT Admin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This hurts so badly !
        SSL is there but not usable, when I want to connect to gateways other than sophos.
        I can't believe, we paid that much money for it.
        Should have used an opensource product - most of these do it for free ...
        Shame on Sophos ! :(

• Thomas HeimerlThomas Heimerl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Das ist schon traurig...1220 Votes seit 2010 und Sophos ist nicht im Stande einen Converter zur Verfügung zu stellen... ich hatte inzwischen bei 4! Kunden das Problem das openVPN nativ gebraucht wurde da nur ein .ovpn File vom Lieferanten kam. Etwas Peinlich...

• cc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You know what, try switching to something like pfSense: https://www.pfsense.org/
        They have physical appliances, virtual ones, AWS images.. etc.. the UI might not be as cool as the old Astaro one, but they actually care about the product and maintain it well.

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd not have thought that this would be missing.
        Loving various aspects of UTM - getting confused by others - but just flabbergasted that this is absent...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just tried Sophos for home use, found this feature missing, moving on to something else. You really need to add this in.

• cc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hey Mickey.. if you need any help with that, send me a note: ithelp45-astaro@yahoo.com
        I used StrongSWAN and have updated it several times and entirely replaced all our Astaro/Sophos VM's doing IPSec VPN with this.

• Migrating MickeyMigrating Mickey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Finally making the switch from sophos to an open-source solution.

With all the state sponsored interception stuff going on and the fact that sophos cant pull of something as simple as a non-proprietary openvpn client option, there's no reason to keep me using sophos.

So begins the migration to a better network.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.