SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

Suggest an Idea...

Management: Archive backups like logs

UTM only supports automatic backups sent by email or to a UTM Manager repository.
It would be great to export them via SCP, FTP, Network Share like log files can.

30 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bastien BobeBastien Bobe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes totally agree!, we must see this happen very soon. Im very new to Astaro/Sophos world, and was very surprise this important feature was not part of the build.

• christian kuepperschristian kueppers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IT´s a must be. Backup ma not be on the same device that is backupd
        ed. Otherwise with a failure of the device the backup is unaccessible too. Wished latest for 9.1.

• jbishirjbishir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Backing up to a ftp site or NAS device is a great way to backup configs. I currently am the only one who actually opens the emails to back them up, but if I am gone or something, no one else really cares or remembers to do this. It would be nice for an auto backup feature.

• ThomasThomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would not solve it for us - storing to a file share like the logfile copy function would be great.

• ThomasThomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is annoying to have to receive the 1MB+ emails and copy the files to a fileserver manually. Can't remember ANY system that does "Backups" that way and goes onto admins nerves like this ;-)

• Thomas GageThomas Gage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would only be happy with it if the ASG appliance were the one to initiate the auto-save of the configuration backup file to a shared folder location. The backup to email is extremely good and useful, but it would improve our weekly routine quite a bit if it could also save to a shared folder location, like we do with the log files.

• Aaron GreenAaron Green commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be happy if we even knew where the .abf files were stored on the appliance, then I could go and get them myself.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.