SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SUM Button for Mail Manager

Simular to the WebAdmin button and right click menu option in the SUM Card View, it would be nice to add the possiblity to access the Mail Manger without opening the WebAdmin first.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Google secure LDAP client for user authentication

Please implement Google secure LDAP client (with cert).
    We have to install a LDAP proxy like sTunnel to connect to Google secure LDAP for user authentication in UTM. This could be avoided.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Report: PDF and HTML should be complete with the same Information.

Hi @ all

I notice that the Report in PDF-Format are not quiet the same as the HTML Format.
    I opened a case, it is this one:

This is regarding your service request number 9320931.

Thank you for your patience.

I have discussed this internally and it seems this is an architecture/limitation from the firewall. If you believe that this feature should be available on the UTM for the better improvement then we would request you to raise a feature request on the link https://ideas.sophos.com/ and this feature would be introduced in our next updates.

Please contact us for any…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Internal server IP on WAF logs

Please give the option to log also the IP address of internal servers on reverse proxy log file.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PCRE

Give the way to modify the PCRE limit via web interface or shell.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Active Directory

When the UTM is sync with Active Directory, it would be nice for the UTM not to keep old Active Directory accounts within the UTM device, and for the ability for the UTM to keep upto date users from AD when the UTM does a sync,

as we are a school and we use the utm for the filtering / authentication - having to go through over 1000, accounts and remove them from the utm device is somewhat time consuming, if this could be added as a feature it would be really great and i'm sure other people would agree.

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Request to add notification alert for Remote Access VPN

Hi, Please include generate email notification alert for Remote Access VPN option in Sophos UTM 9. This help us to know who and where they connect.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VPN  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Facebook Customer Representative

As you know, Facebook is a social media platform. You can send a friend request to your friends, relatives, and any others. Facebook also used as a business purpose; you can sell or buy anything from your location. The Facebook Game room also use with the help of Facebook. On Facebook, you can upload any post which could be the image, docs file, video, etc. You can also get the news about the world happening.
    Contact Facebook Customer Representative
    Facebook Customer phone number: (866)535-7333
    https://www.cuesinfo.com/blog/facebook-customer-representative/
    https://www.cuesinfo.com/blog/facebook-no-news-feed/
    https://www.cuesinfo.com/blog/facebook-customer-service

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allowing only facebook messenger but facebook app blocked

Block facebook app but allowing facebook messenger app only via app control.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Perform checks when creating host definitions

"security made simple" is a vital aspect of network security and in keeping with that model I suggest the following checks while creating host definitions:

1. When creating a host with an assigned IP, the system should check if that IP is already assigned or not. In a large scale network even though you can search and sort host definitions, it is prone to human error and therefore proper rudemantory checks by the system during creation should be performed.

1.1 one should not be able to create a host with an IP within a dynamic range

1.2 one should not be…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Check the DHCP server's 'Range' when creating a Host with Static IP

When one clicks the [Make Static] button on the 'IPv4 Lease Table' tab, there should be a check that the IP to be used is outside the 'DHCP Range' listed. Prior to that button existing, we just used the regular Host definition process, but that's probably more difficult. Even then, a quick check to see if the assigned IP is in any DHCP range would seem to be easy. For example, I just got the following:

secure:/root # cc get_objects dhcp server|grep 'range

'range_end' => '172.16.31.110',

'range_start' => '172.16.31.101',
    'range_end' => '192.168.66.254',
    'range_start' => '192.168.66.100',
    'range_end' => '10.100.100.63',
    'range_start' =>
    4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Networking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. AWS Transit Gateway Support

Currently, the Amazon VPC setup does not support the new Transit Gateway in AWS. When you attempt to import via config file or secret key it errors out with a Regex error.

I went up the whole chain of premium support and the GES Engineer let me know it currently isn't supported.

As Transit Gateway is the future of Inter VPC & S2S networking this would be nice to have supported.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  VPN  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Networking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. vpn

Please block Star VPN. It is connecting on the user machines and they can browse freely.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please block Star VPN under Proxy VPN

Hi there,
    Please add Star VPN under proxy VPN.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. AWS VPN Automatically Create IPS Exception

We recently migrated our AWS VPN's from their 'Classic' to their 'New' style. We had major issues with this (and not a lot of documentation from either Sophos or AWS on what the issue could be).
    AFter having 4 Sophos engineers look into the problem, it turns out that the new AWS VPN uses NAT-T which was being caught by the UDP flood protection, as it's between two 169.x.x.x IP's at either end of the tunnel.

Since importing an AWS VPN config is supposed to be largely 'hands off', creating all the BGP and VPN settings in the background, it…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Reflexion

How Do I setup a scheduled report?

I would like a daily report emailed to me of any deferred messages for any of our customers.

I would like a Monthly report emailed to me of the users for each customer.

I would like a monthly report emailed to me of the blocked messages for each customer. Preferably by threat level.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Flood emails with the same source

It would be interesting some blocking method for e-mail sended from a same address in a small space of time.
    Eg: the address bruno@sophos.com sends 1000 email to the protected domain on UTM in 2 seconds.

Remembering that this would not apply to the whole domain but to an speciffy address.

This would be interesting when an email box is hacked and used to send many spams.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Mail manager quarantine confirmation when deleting an email

Emails that you accidentally select as delete will be deleted without confirmation. A confirmation if you really want to delete this email would be meaningful.

Otherwise, the e-mails will be irrevocably deleted...

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Let’s Encrypt - configurable key size

Would be nice if it would be possible to configure the key size of automated created Let’s Encrypt certificates by Sophos UTM with Let's Encrypt Method --> described here: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/132940

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.