SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hotspot: Vouchers including services and packet filter rules

I recommend to add services (like Blackberry) or packet filter rules (like Mail, Web Surfing) to the voucher definitions.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID Staging Test
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Wireless Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Wireless: External Radius authentication for Hotspot

We would love the ability for forwarding Hotspot authentication to an External Radius server.

At present we have to use Mikrotik routers to accomplish this and having the entire solution on the Astaro would be much more efficient.

Complete customisation of the Hotspot Login page would also be great.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Wireless Protection: Fixed Date-based Vouchers

It would be great if there's a possibility to set a date period (from 05/18/2012 till 05/20/2012) in the voucher settings.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wireless Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Radius Accounting

We want to use temporary accounts for our guests to connect the Internat thru our guest-wlan. We have a radius server which generates these accounts. With the Radius Accounting Protocol (RFC 2866) on Port 1813 we will be able to count the Usetime and Traffic for an User and disable the account after the specified time or traffic.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Wireless Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Wireless: Alternate Licensing Options

Currently trying to sell my clients Wireless Security is an exercise in futility. For a client running an ASG 220 to add a single Wireless AP is $275 for the AP30 and then that AP costs them $720 per year for the subscription. No one in there right mind would do this.

My recommendation is to sell to a Wireless Subscription that enables 1 or 2 Access Points with an attractive Price Point. This will make it easier to sell, which will in turn make Sophos more money.

If we break it down the ASG 220 Wireless Security is $720…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Wireless: Bind SSID's to an Interface

I think it would be very useful the possibility to choose the interface card that you want to use binded to a wireless interface. In this way, if you have for example 3 interface cards that you want to be available for an AP (and all AP are connected to the same interface, ie internal), you can bind each SSID to a specific interface without manually creating any Wi-Fi network, and avoiding to duplicate-triplicate the packet filter rules, DNS configurations, masquerading configs, proxy profiles, and so on.

IE: You have Internal, DMZ, Guests physics interface cards, you will simply:

Bind…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Wireless Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have a Small Radius Server for WLAN using Backend

ASG should be a Radius for WLAN using Backend Auth.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Wireless / WiFI pre shared key

It should be possible to use wireless networks to the Pre Shared Key to expire after a time

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Notifications: Wireless Security Support

It would be nice if some wireless 'events' could be added to the notifications.

For example, I only noticed by chance today that one of my access points lost connection to the ASG - with a email notification I would have noticed it a lot sooner.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Wireless: Save passwords across different profiles

It would be nice to save one password for every crypt-method.
    I ve to switch between uncrypt (for the nitendos of the kids) and wpa2 for normal use. The problem is that the password must be configured every time after a change of the method.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.