SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Wireless: Support 5GHz in all access points

All Sophos AP's need 5GHz connectivity. All professional wireless devices (Notebooks, mobiles ore whatever) are able to connect via 2,4 and 5GHz.
    5GHz technology is more stable as 2,4 GHz and has numerous advantages.

32 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Appliance Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Networking: USB 3.0 Network Adapter Support

USB 3.0 LAN adapters are fast 1000 Mb/s and it would be nice if the drivers was added to the kernel.
    Special thoose with Asix chips, they are all over!

AX88179
    http://www.asix.com.tw/products.php?op=pItemdetail&PItemID=131;71;112

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Appliance Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Less noise UTM 220

The UTM 220 fans are very loud and some customers are not happy about it.
    Please enable fan management in the software for these appliances.
    Maybe in a next revision change the fans and use quiet ons.

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Appliance Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Appliances: Smaller License for UTM 1XX

For many of my customer, I only need network - web and wireless security especialy on utm 110-120-220
    Full guard licence are expensive for some functionality unused and customer prefer other firewall with more granularity in licence component and pricing

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Appliance Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Angelo Comazzetto responded

This has been introduced as part of the UTM 100 product which offers BasicGuard of a smaller feature set. While not the 220 appliance, it does give you a lower price point when you need it down at the low end.

5. Network: 4G USB Support

The support for 3G modems implemented in 8.200 was great, but due to limited bandwidth maybe only useful as a failover link. Can this support also include 4G modems as the Huawei E398? With 4G, network speeds up to 80 MBit is achievable. I would use this support at customers' appliances as well as my sw appliance at home, bundling 4G with DSL!

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Appliance Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Initial support for 4G/LTE devices was released in UTM9.0, and has been extended as well in UTM 9.1. Try yours out and let us know your results at www.astaro.org We plan to continually increase support of these devices going forward, and thus will close this feature to refund the points.

6. ASG Hardware: Minimum RAM of 2GB for Smaller Appliances

The smaller appliances in the ASG model line could benefit a lot from having 2GB memory. Models 110/120/220. Additionally, I'd like to be able to upgrade the memory module in the box myself without losing support (it is just memory replacement after-all!).

133 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Appliance Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

New revisions of all appliances which are white in colour and posses Sophos branding have entered the channel. The UTM 110/120 & 220 Rev.5 now have 2GB of memory.

7. AstaroOS: Support for SSD's

Supporting the TRIM command used in modern SSDs and flash drives is needed.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Increase Intel SATA chipset support.

7.5xx does not support the latest Intel SATA controllers. (ICH10).

Hoping this will be in v 8.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Appliance Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Community hardware compatibility (HCL) support

I'd like to have a feature in Astaro, which could be activated via Webadmin to send informations to the used hardware used for the Astaro and maybe also could include a small performance test and customer comments. This could Astaro help to keep the HCL up2date and furthermore give the ability to give recommendations to the performance of specific setups. I'm sure that at least many of the home users use very interesting hardware combos and support from them could help Astaro to keep the HCL up2date.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

With the new kernel and exponentially expanded device support in V8, along with a new HCL portal, this is no longer needed as it was in the old version.

10. AMD dual core and chipset support

add support for dual core AMD processors and the corresponding chipsets.

These systems are ever cheaper than Intel's and they provide a substantial price/performance advantage.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Appliance Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.