SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reporting: Use alternative to Flash for charts

Use something (anything) but Flash for reporting in the WebAdmin.
    Flot Examples (http://people.iola.dk/olau/flot/examples/realtime.html) its free and not a big security hole like Flash.

You know, Android Support was cancelled by Adobe
    Flash iOS Support was canceld by Apple
    So its the best way to go way from flash to a better technology.

27 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Angelo Comazzetto responded

This feature has been released as part of UTM 9.1. Flash is now replaced and charts are rendered in Javascript. This now means they work on iOS, Android, and you enjoy the security benefits as well. Enjoy!

2. Reporting: Reporting role for scheduling/changing reports

Presently, to assign a login as an Auditor will not suffice because the user will only be able to view/create reports, but not schedule/change reports.

Consequently, the only resolve is to assign the officer as a SuperAdmin user and that status will open the entire system for this user which is not a satisfactory solution. Please consider a new Role that would allow a user rights to these report functions but not at the SuperAdmin level. Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is possible (Since UTM9) as there is a ’Report Auditor Role" which can view, change, and schedule web usage reports. Enjoy!

3. Reporting: Allow Delimiter Choice for CSV

Although ASG is already fully compliant with RFC 4180 to use a semicolon as delimiter, allow us the option to choose commas as delimiter, which is much more common in the US.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Blocked Sites Report By Category

I love how on the executive summary it shows me a list of the categories that are blocked and number of blocked requests. I would like to see this expanded in a report to show me, by category, the list of sites that are being blocked so I can see what it is at a glance.

This has a number of uses: One, it helps to more easily identify mistakes from actually malicious intentions. Two, it allows the firewall administrator to view a diluted version of http access log to identify potentially miscategorized sites and whitelist them, or to assist…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already possible in ASG, and will be further extended with new reporting features for Web Security in ASG 8.200 at the end of Q2 this year.

5. Automatic Single User Report

a Costumer want a special Reporting
    which look like:
    automatic Report with email for specified single Users in PDF-format. The Reports should contain Bandwith, used url's, blocked Url's, online Time, etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Time stamps for web content report

When checking to see which sites a user accessed or attempted to access it would be useful to be able to see in a seperate column or drill down to see the time they accessed the site.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Reporting: Anonymize According to Law

According to the german "Bundesdatenschutzgesetz (BDSG), reporting features have to keep personal data anonymous. to IT-Staff. One should not be able to see personal details in mail- or web-usage without any further authentication (counter check principle).

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Some changes in reports

I want to propose some little changes in reports:

1-Under Web Security Reports – Blocked Usage, admins cannot see sites that are blocked because they are manually blacklisted. I think that an additional entry in Blocked Category combo should be added.

2-If you are seeing Top Blocked Domains and you want to know what is the category related to a blocked web site that is listed, you have no easy way to get this information.

3-At the moment, if you are listing “Top Blocked Users” and you click on an entry, you get by default “Top Domains by Blocked User”,…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. PreShared-Key Verschlüsselung in AutoBackups

Derzeit stehen sämtliche PreShared-VPN-Keys als Klartext im AutoBackup; wäre sicherlich sinnvoll, diese zu verschlüsseln.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Gert Hansen responded

This is already possible, just check ’ Encrypt email backups’ and specify your PSK

10. Reporting: Ability to email Web Reports

Schedule reports from Web Usage / Email usage / Accounting / etc to be emailed on a daily / weekly / monthly basis.

Several current customers requested this feature.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Reporting: Time-Based Activity Report for Surfing

Need the capability to see who browsed to where and when they did it. Domains are not sufficient. Need to be able to determine who clicked what when in order to be able to more accurately identify intent and more easily locate areas where web security needs to be further tightened or relaxed.

I'd like to see this as a drill down of the web security activity reports.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Report of spam recipient

I'd like to have the possibility to generate a report of the recipients of spam emails. In this way is easy to analyze which email addresses of my domain are the most attacked.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already possible. View this report in Mail-Security Reporting “Top Recipients” under the mail usage tab.

13. access for auditor to anonymized websecurity reports without access to logfiles with usernames

With the accesrights of an auditor in webadmin the auditor can see the anonymized webreports (thats fine) - and the logfiles with the original data without anonymization!! The anonymization is useless with tis backdoor. Please deny acces for Auditors to the logfiles or better add a special usergroup "webauditor" with only rights to the anonymized Reports.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Blockecd Categories Linked to Reports

It would be nice to click on a blocked category under Web Security and be taken to the associated report. Also, under those reports it would be nice to see the category on why that URL was denied.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Reporting: Hostname Display for Real Time Bandwidth Monitor

Add hostname resolution to the bandwidth monitor in 7.5. This way it's easier to troubleshoot which host is responsible for high bandwidth usage. Now I have to do a reverse DNS lookup myself on that specific IP.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Web Protection: Re-anonymize a user once De-anonymized

Once known to which real user an anonymized userx correspond is not possible to recreate this assignment so there's a privacy problem.
    It would be great once I know to wich real user a user
    x correspond to be able to rerun this anonymization process so that all the real user have new anonymized user assigned.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This has been implemented in ASG V8; the Web Reporting anonymization gives you a mapping of number to user, and does not change the reports themselves now.

17. Reporting: Link IP's to Definition

For reports where an IP address is used for the value (such as a transparent HTTP Proxy blocked sites report), it would make the reports more easy to read if we cross referenced the IP value with the definitions database, and displayed the text name when a match exists.

Rather than see 192.168.50.15 couldn't get to www.cnn.com 192 times for example, if it said "John's Workstation" instead of the IP since i have defined 192.168.50.15 as a host with that title, that would make it more friendly.

Failing that, even trying a hostname resolve or other network-type identifiers to publish…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improve IPS alert emails

When I get a flood of IPS emails, I can't tell what SID they are for without opening each email. It would be nice to include the SID in the subject.

Also, the links for the SIDs aren't working (404)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Reporting: monitor bandwidth via netflow/ipfix

Source of this idea is "Reporting: Bandwidth Monitor".
    Many people already submitted their votes for it.

As many companies already use netflow to monitor bandwidth usage / traffic in common Astaro would integrate much better if they supported netflow/ipfix to monitor bandwidth.

Also there are many tools that use netflow it would avoid reinventing the wheel.

63 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. WebAdmin: printable configuration report

Provide the ability to export the configuration on a printable way (for example pdf format).
    This feature should be very usefull to analyse configurations too complex or when you want to recreate a configuration on a new firewall when is not possible/convenient to import it.

159 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.