SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notifications: Notify when UTM Certificate is about to expire

It would be very useful to get an notification if the ASG proxy certificate expires. (Like license expiry notification).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID New Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reporting: Per-User Activity Report

There needs to be one report that will show the total bandwidth on the network for ALL Users, and then allowing you to drill down, so if I want to see what user A is doing, after clicking on that IP, it will show me all websites, or FTP sites, all the activity for that user in question.

I want to see in one place a total report for a user with graphs, charts, and a clean display of their network activity.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reporting: Granular Email Reports (Like Web Protection offers)

I would like to be able to generate reports on the number of blocked/quarantined/delivered messages on-demand for a specified time period (i.e., day, week, month) for a particular user, domain or mail profile. Similar to the snapshot at the top of each quarantine report, but something that the admin can see and use for full system reporting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Reporting: Use Reverse DNS Lookups for the Reports

Use Reverse DNS Lookups for the Reports instead of IP addresses where possible.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reporting: Recommended actions for Notifications

Requested that email alerts contain more detailed information on detection's such as what actions are available for the detection being reported - cleanup required - not cleanable - authorize etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Reporting: Show disk IO

It would be nice to see disk I/O activity via the hardware reporting in addition to what you already have for CPU/Memory/and HDD Space Usage

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  7 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Reporting: Dedicated change-tracking report

Currently the Management Overview log only shows the last 20 changes made by administrators. It would be nice to list more/all of the changes made.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Reporting: IPv6 Usage Statistics

Since we have started using native IPv6 i'm asking my one question all the time: How much percent of the whole trafic is IPv6, and how much is IPv4.

Would be very interesting to have such an (optional) indicator somewhere. Haven't found a way to get that information out of the current data.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Site-to-Site VPN: Uptime Display

Add up- or downtime for each Site-to-Site VPN on the tunnel status page. Sometime it's good to quickly see if the VPN links are up and stable over a longer time, or to see how long it is already down.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  6 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show Source IP, Date and Time in Web Security Reports

We need the ability to drill down additional details in the security reports. Specifically my need is for Source IP, Date and Time information.

For example we have students that do an inappropriate web search. I can see they they searched for x twelve times during the given timeframe. However to figure out what computer they were at and what time they did the search I have to search the log files.

It would be great to simply click on the search term and one of the Search Direction Options have Date Time IP (computer name) type information.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Reporting: Scale Executive Report to Wider Resolutions

Variable width of Executive Report - a lot of informations will be broken into seperate lines. Due to modern monitors, the report itself could be much wider.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Reporting: Application Shaping Details

Provide reporting that shows when traffic shaping was used - allowing visibility into what was done and at what times in order to limit traffic according to defined bandwidth pools.
    This would enable much easier troubleshooting and improve ongoing design of that part of the configuration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Executive report - want canonical names instead IP addresses

Want in the executive report, canonical names instead IP addresses.
    Now it's only possible to see the hostname in the report, if there is an object in Astaro defined.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Quarantine Report: Local Language Support

As requested by many users an option to send localized versions of the Quarantine Reports would be really nice for non English speaking users.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Reporting: Allow filtering on web reports for all fields/columns

It would be nice to filter reports to allow searchs for, e.g, blocked sites by users.

If we select the "User" report, neither "action" or the "URL" can be used for filtering. If we select the "URL", we can filter by "action" (blocked) but it misses the source/user.

I realy like the way the new reporting works, but it seems to enable the filtering only on the columns fixed in the "available reports" drop-down menu.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Angelo Comazzetto responded

This feature will be part of the UTM 9.2 release which will enter public beta in September 2013 for GA release in November. Stay tuned!

16. Mail Protection: Export view to PDF / CSV

Today, a department manager asked me to come up with a report listing email usage for a specific user. It was easy enough to use filtering to bring up the information on the SMTP Log within the Mail Manager, but it was a pain to get the information to this manager.

I wound up having to do a screen print of the data.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Reporting: QoS Visibility/Counting activity

Apply some misc improvements to the QoS system regarding how to gauge the effectiveness of the rules that have been placed. Such as counters, statistics, and usages of the configuration.. Makes the solution more competitive, gives it more usefullness, and make it easier to use by our users.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Reporting: VPN Availability and Throughput Report

We use ASG for Data center - connectivity via static VPNs. We would like to report the availability and if possible the throughput through the existing tunnels. Would also be a good feature to rate the quality of connections.
    Right now the connect / disconnect report is only available for Remote VPN.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Reporting: Detailed Failover Interface Statistics

I'd like to see a dedicated report on the Failover Interface. This would be like the logging/reporting "network usage" "bandwith usage" in that you could set custom dates to query. The results of this Report would contain one line per event with:-
    Date, time Interface Up or Down.
    This Report would help quickly identify times and dates of events without having to troll through log files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Notifications: 3G bandwidth usage notifier

Hi it would be good if we could have email reporting of 3G Data Allowance.
    It would be good to have the ability to have an email notification of 3G Data When x data has been sent/received out of y Mb over period z.
    As 3G Data is or can be a lot more expensive than a fixed Wan line and as 3G is commonly used as a "Standby" Interface.

Thanks
    Mark

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.