SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reporting: Add Date & Time Fields to Web Reports

Add the possibility to view the date/time stamp for each instance on standard reports. I'm trying to run a web browsing report on users but need time/date of browsing.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  9 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reporting: Dedicated client application for monitoring UTM

It would be great to have a small tool that would display configurable alerts (perhaps available as another option on the Notifications page), and that can then open the appropriate log.

For example, if you set it to alert for the IPS and an alert is raised, then the client shows a balloon tip that opens the GUI with some basic stats (number of alerts, etc.) and a button to open the corresponding live log.

This would be especially useful for new installations, but also for high-security environments and OCD admins :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Astaro tool addition: SmokePing

Very interesting tool for tracking latency over time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. dedicated report on AntiMalware detection

Add a customizable report on Antivirus detection whatever the security module activated and engine used

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Reporting: Detailed country-based reports for bandwidth, sources and destinations

I would like to be able to see a report that I can sort desitnation hosts by foreign country. I would like to see what internal hosts are communicating out and what service they are using.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Reporting: Enhanced Hardware Information

Add granular and detailed reporting graphs showing details like:
    CPU usage per core
    CPU usage by processes(iowait, interrupts, useful for determining HW problems or poor performance)
    RAM per process
    SMART status
    Heat/Cooling/Power(RPMs, temps, voltages)
    UPS status(Vbatt, Vout, Vin, etc)

all of this can be implemented using Munin with some tweaking

314 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  36 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Reporting: Per-User Activity Report

There needs to be one report that will show the total bandwidth on the network for ALL Users, and then allowing you to drill down, so if I want to see what user A is doing, after clicking on that IP, it will show me all websites, or FTP sites, all the activity for that user in question.

I want to see in one place a total report for a user with graphs, charts, and a clean display of their network activity.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Reporting: Granular Email Reports (Like Web Protection offers)

I would like to be able to generate reports on the number of blocked/quarantined/delivered messages on-demand for a specified time period (i.e., day, week, month) for a particular user, domain or mail profile. Similar to the snapshot at the top of each quarantine report, but something that the admin can see and use for full system reporting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Reporting: Use Reverse DNS Lookups for the Reports

Use Reverse DNS Lookups for the Reports instead of IP addresses where possible.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Reporting: Recommended actions for Notifications

Requested that email alerts contain more detailed information on detection's such as what actions are available for the detection being reported - cleanup required - not cleanable - authorize etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notifications: Include System Time in Event Notifiers

E-Mail notifications (internet uplink up or down, etc.) include the system uptime but not the actual time of the event. It would be much more helpful if the e-mail notifications included the actual time (local or zulu) of the event.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Reporting: Show disk IO

It would be nice to see disk I/O activity via the hardware reporting in addition to what you already have for CPU/Memory/and HDD Space Usage

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  7 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Reporting: Dedicated change-tracking report

Currently the Management Overview log only shows the last 20 changes made by administrators. It would be nice to list more/all of the changes made.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Reporting: IPv6 Usage Statistics

Since we have started using native IPv6 i'm asking my one question all the time: How much percent of the whole trafic is IPv6, and how much is IPv4.

Would be very interesting to have such an (optional) indicator somewhere. Haven't found a way to get that information out of the current data.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Reporting: Per-User Bocked Count

Make it possible again to report on the count of blocks per user, summarizing in order to find users with high blocked counts.
    This was possible before version 8.2.
    It should also be able to filter by category - but be able to include MULTIPLE categories in the filter. This way, overall block counts, and then related category blocked counts can be viewed, and used to inform further investigation of necessary.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Site-to-Site VPN: Uptime Display

Add up- or downtime for each Site-to-Site VPN on the tunnel status page. Sometime it's good to quickly see if the VPN links are up and stable over a longer time, or to see how long it is already down.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  6 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show Source IP, Date and Time in Web Security Reports

We need the ability to drill down additional details in the security reports. Specifically my need is for Source IP, Date and Time information.

For example we have students that do an inappropriate web search. I can see they they searched for x twelve times during the given timeframe. However to figure out what computer they were at and what time they did the search I have to search the log files.

It would be great to simply click on the search term and one of the Search Direction Options have Date Time IP (computer name) type information.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Reporting: Scale Executive Report to Wider Resolutions

Variable width of Executive Report - a lot of informations will be broken into seperate lines. Due to modern monitors, the report itself could be much wider.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Reporting: Application Shaping Details

Provide reporting that shows when traffic shaping was used - allowing visibility into what was done and at what times in order to limit traffic according to defined bandwidth pools.
    This would enable much easier troubleshooting and improve ongoing design of that part of the configuration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Executive report - want canonical names instead IP addresses

Want in the executive report, canonical names instead IP addresses.
    Now it's only possible to see the hostname in the report, if there is an object in Astaro defined.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.