SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Flag inappropriate web usage from users based on custom profil

Can be userful for education like us to have some internet user profil.
    The night the system will create report from web usage and flag user as some kind of user.

Exemple :

Custom flag call: inappropriate usage

If a users as 25% of his web usage as trying to access *********** and 25% of Uncategorized site then flag the user as innapropriate usage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Logging & Reporting: Web Protection Available Reports by IP

Logging & Reporting: Web Protection Available Reports by IP
    Web Protection report there is now Available Reports by USER which is map a Name of Network definition instance of IP Address as old version use. Which is not cover to Generate report for whish who want to see an IP instance of definition of it.
    Add more an Available Reports by IP would be more cover, I would say.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Puremessage

Automatic email report (about Spam and virus) from the Pure Message for EX

Currently only manual reports can be created

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enhance the current Web Protection reports

Enhance the current scheduled web reports to include at least the pie chart of the relevant data.(The pie chart is available when you manually run the report) The Sophos Web Appliance has a good variety of reports that can be emailed to various people based on different AD groups. Also, to setup departments for the reports is not easy when dealing with 3000 users so being able to use existing AD groups is essential.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add Country blocking logging to the Mail Manager Log

On the Mail Manager Log we currently see blocking for RDNS/HELO (RDNS missing) and others that are showing us why an email is being blocked but not if that country was added to the Country block list.

This is really needed to quickly solve email issues related to Country Blocking.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. netflow

Make the simple version of NetFlow work.
    Currently IPFIX is working but only with a VERY few select monitoring software packages.
    I would love it if the dumbed down data like how much a particular interface is being utilized!
    You know, the simple version of Netflow that works with EVERY monitoring software package!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Reporting: Offer Web Departmental reports with Usernames, Sites, Traffic and Duration

Whilst you can create Departmental reports, containing the Sites, Traffic, %, Pages, Duration and Requests, it doesn't include the Username of the user. It would be really useful if you could create Departmental reports showing all of this information,sorted by usage and include the username, so that a Department Head can see the usage of all his/her employees, in a single report, rather than having a seperate report for each user. It would also be good if it could include the option to have a date/timestamp entries as well.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. attack rules

Provide the ability to include the necssary source IP and destination host for the Top Rules executive reporting. It is useful to assist the administrator to identify which internal or external hosts that causing the problem.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. enable timeframe reporting for traffic and network protection

In order to enable drill-down on peaks in the usage graphs, enable time-frame reporting (so that the cause of a spike in packet filter blocks, or traffic, or emails processed, can be easily investigated.)
    This is currently only possible per-day in the log searches, no narrower timeframes are possible.
    Extending this to being able to drag-select a section of a report graph and then 'drill-down' to the underlying data would be really helpful, I think.
    Tracking down what has been happening as quickly as possible and reacting accordingly is the idea.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Email appliance: Provide customer with the desired quarantine age to meet their security, compliance and/or usability needs

Email appliance: Provide customer with the desired quarantine age to meet their security, compliance and/or usability needs.customer gave it vote 2 essential service

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Links Uptime/Downtime Reporting

Monthly Links Availability Report of UP/Down TIme for SLA & KPI Usage. Eg. Showing external interface was up 99.999% in the last month etc...

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. device control desktop message

Scottish & Southern Energy Plc. have Device Control enabled with the option "Detect but do not block devices" selected. They also have removable storage set to Block.

What they would like if to have the endpoint alert the user that they have breached the policy by a pop-up message from Sophos. This will then alert the user that they should not do this again which in-turn they will think twice when plugging in USB storage devices.

Email alerts seems to be sent as a work around for him to be notified but this is not what he was after.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Reporting: Choose time of day for delivery of Executive Report

my UTM-home edition sends me my Executive reports around 1:00 AM(or 00:30 AM).
    but as home-user, I would like to shutdown everything when I head to bed, wich is between 22:00 H and 23:00 H, although i also would like to receive those reports.
    i would like to suggest a feature for the GUI, so the sending-time can be changed.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Firewall Violations by Interface

I would like to see a Firewall Violation report separated by interface. The current (UTM 9.0) Firewall Violation report shown in the Executive Reports combines all interfaces together. This makes it more difficult to differentiate outside-in violations from inside-out violations.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Extend the Reporting

Drill down reporting. Maybe i see an application in Application Control report i wish to click on it and see wich hosts ave used it. Same way in other Reports like IPS.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Reporting: IPSEC Tunnel Utilization

I'd like to see an IPSEC tunnel show up as an interface and thus show up on reports. As far as I can see now, IPSEC traffic is a mystery between endpoints. It would be nice to be able to log traffic that traverses the tunnel and report on it prior to encapsulation. I realize this is a tunnel, but applying some packet filter rules to the tunnel would be nice also.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mail notification for vpn connection

Salve,
    a mail notification for vpn connection is open and a notification when the connection is closed!

deubner@stgeorgklinikum.de

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bandwith Reporting / Status of VPN Remote Networks

Display the bandwidth load of remote networks would be nice. We have several branch offices, which a connected by an provider VPN. At the moment i can only see how many Bandwidth goes over an interface. But it would be great to see how many of this bandwidth is used for which branch office.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Include Endpoint Protection in Executive Reports

The Endpoint Protection is missing in the Executive Reports - e.g. a short overview over on-/offline computers, blocked accesses, found viri, etc.

TSG

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Reporting: Users with top blocked request

I would like to run a report that will list all users by blocked request. This will allow administrators to see users who are attempting to bypass the filtering, and or have a compromised machine.

New custom report >> Available Reports: Users >> Today >> All Departments >> With the Action "Blocked" and then be able to sort by Requests.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.