SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. On Prem Sophos Endpoint Protection

Prevention of execution of executable files (e.g. exe, com...) in context of removable media!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID New Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UTM Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Category field to Query Log Files on UTM Search Lof Files tab

It would be useful to add a field for Website Category on the Log File Search Query Log Files page to further filter log searches. Useful for searching on client activity filtered by website category

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UTM Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Shutdown after Scan (Endpoint-Protection)

Hello,

we have a UTM with all Subscriptions and now i'll like to remove GData from all Clients and install Sophos Endpoint Protection. I can set Friday 13:00 start scan but i can't shutdown PC if scan complete :(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Request support for the Intel skylake chipset. The NIC in the current INTEL NUC will a buggy hw error. version 9.4 and not install

Request Device support for Skylake chipset.

The current Intel NUC6i's will not install the current 9.4 build of UTM due to not finding the NIC. The NIC is present, however this is the error that is presented.

bootstrap: Detecting network devices
    bootstrap: interface (Intel Ethernet controller) ignored because it lacks a name (buggy hw?)

It appears that the driver is simply not updated. If the installation would simply continue, one could add the driver after the fact. To make matters worse the supported USB NIC's are also not detected with this chipset.

Please update the installer to support this current…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Need the ability to purge old managed endpoint computer objects after defined expiration period of no communica

Company and Contact Information
    Company: Maryland - Office Attorney General

Sophos Product Information
    Sophos Product: SG 550
    Version in Production: 9.403-4

Feature Request Summary

Feature request/enhancement: Need the ability to purge old managed endpoint computer objects after defined expiration period of no communication. Old computer objects use licenses and should expire after time threshold.

Issue: When a computer is added to Endpoint Protection, and then it is reimaged/renamed in the network/domain, then Sophos is reinstalled and there are two objects in the Managed Computers console - difficult to sort out. The old computer object should expire after no…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. UTM Endpoint: Disable On-Access-Scans

It would be great to have the ability to disable the On-Access-Scans for a certain amount of time on the client.
    E.g. via right click on the systray icon:
    "Disable On-Access-Scans..."
    "for 1 hour"
    "until reboot"

This should, of course, only be possible for admins, perhaps only after entering the tamper protection password!?

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to create sub accounts with different permission levels

I would like the ability to create sub accounts with different permission levels. For example, you can have account 1 able to unblock/whitelist and account 2 can perform updates etc. This would be great as you won't need to give out the admin password and no user will see or do anything they are not supposed to on the webadmin interface.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UTM Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add the option to deploy End Point AV from the user portal

It is often more efficient to let the user install when it is convenient to them. Particularly when installing for the first time to remote users or using onsite support technicians without UTM access.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fully disable Tamper protection from Manage Groups tab

Currently the EP's own policy will override the group policy. It has been designed so that if you have one machine within a group that needs tamper protection disabled this can be done easily without having to create a new group and assign it a different policy. However when you need to migrate from UTM endpoints to Cloud endpoints this means you would have to go into each individual one and turn it off - not practical when you have over 1000 EPs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Implement Separate Upgrade Schedule for Servers

Allow for having a separate install schedule for servers for when you release a new recommended version, so that that portion of the upgrade can happen off hours instead of whenever you've released it to the update servers and we download it. Every time that happens, it causes quite a bit of havok here.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Social Media Intelligence

As you know technology has evolved very quickly, even social media platform such as Facebook, Google+, Linkedin, Twitter and etc. can also know as cyber threats and threats that can be prevented by early detection and containment before an attack towards a company. I would suggest by having a feature; social media intelligence gathering, for detecting, analysing, reviewing. Hope that you could consider this as a feature. Hope to hear from you soon. I hope this idea will favour Sophos in times to come especially if there is BYOD monitoring.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Update Data protection database on Sophos Enpoint Protection

My customer had bought the Sophos Endpoint Protection Standard.
    And Data protection function can not block the *.3dm file according to their need.
    I have recently opened the session to Sophos support but still not up2date yet.

Now hope you up2date database for Data control on Sophos Endpoint Protection to block the .3dm file.

Please update as soon as possible. My customer are complaining about it!

Thanks in advance,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The Reporting Tool under Web Protection in the UTM does not show results for Google searches.

The Reporting Tool under Web Protection in the UTM does not show results for Google searches. I called technical support and they suggested I put this in on the feature requests. I do not know if this is necessarily a feature that does not exist or if there is an issue with the reporting function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Quarantine Report not per emailadress but per user

Don't send the Quarantine Report per single email address but per (domain) user. It's very much better for user with a lot of addresses.
    If you are using more than one UTM as MX gateway, a central spam quarantine server was very helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Block Windows 10 spyware

Given that Windows 10 has been exposed as spyware, how about an option to the Sophos software that blocks it? Of course, it's a bit of a long-term project in that, no doubt, Microsoft will be constantly changing the details of how the spyware works in order to defeat the many blocking schemes which will arise from various sources.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Centralize NAT or DNAT Rules in SUM for UTM

Please ....

We need :
    - Export and import NAT and DNAT Rules
    - Centralize DNAT and SNAT like EMS in TMG :-)

TMG can ...

Thks

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Linux Endpoint Protection Client

Sophos Antivirus supports multiple Linux distributions. I recommend adding this client to the UTM Endpoint list so we can protect, manage and monitor security on our Linux servers and desktops

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change Country Blocking so that it works by port.

I want to allow email, especially cloud based email to come in. The advantage/disadvantage is that I do not know where the email server resides. However, I do want to block, ssh, VPN & RDP from specific countries.
    Please allow me to pick and choose which services get blocked or allowed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UTM Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. UTM - enable pattern matching in DLP extended rule creation over entire email

Patterns/Strings specified in a rule for DLP matching should be matched against all of an email, not only subject/body. Currently only Patterns or strings in the Body or subject line will be matched.
    the immediate benefit would be inclusion of definable headers (such as sensitivity or confidentiality headers) that integrate seamless with existing email client infrastructure, such as Outlook, to trigger a dlp match. The trigger-header that exists ( X-Sophos-SPX-Encrypt ) is only reasonbly configurable in certain email Client applications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. option to delete and add to blacklist in mail manager in UTM

in Mail manager you can select email and then in the options below you can delete them but it would be great if you could delete and add to blacklist all in one go.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.