SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

Suggest an Idea...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Flow Monitor: display the download/upload usage

In the flow monitor, on the "Bandwith Usage now", you have to click on it to see the uploade rate. It is very annoying to see what protocol is using upload bandwith.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. UTM 425 sync of active directory users

At the moment it is possible to set only one time for syncing ad users or to do it manually. In large enviroments it would be nice if we can do it more times each day, for example all 4 hours.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. WebAdmin: Add Comments to Backup File Name

I'd like to automatically add the comments to backup filename. Everytime I create a backup I add them manually, copying the comments inserted in webadmin. It is useful if you have to fastly find a particular backupped configuration. IE:

devicename_8.103_2011-08-25_09-29-before changing admin password.abf

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Data path for config

Use data path for config files that follows Windows Design requierements, e.g. C:\ProgramData\sophos or even better user Profile path.
    common places show informations for all Computer users.
    Next Problem: %programdir% is write protected for users. To config or change a connection administrator right are rewquired wihich a user should never have! Serious security issue.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. to set an option for enable/disable the popup-blocker in the html5 portal. Without this option the Portal is not useful to us.

to set an option for enable/disable the popup-blocker in the html5 portal. Without this option the Portal is not useful to us.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. UserPortal: Mobile-friendly UserPortal

I'd like to see initially the User Portal designed to support Mobile Devices, using the correct temrinology, would be to have a propper 'mobile site'.

Scrolling around the user portal on an iPhone or Android phone is very hard and usually required scrolling, pinching, etc to get things done.

A mobile site would make navigation easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Naming of connections

when yo use several connections it's annoying to read only "username@iP-address". No Standard user has an idea what an IP address is or what that entry about. So a "speakting" Name would make more sense, e.g. "My Office", "Company Name VPN", etc.
    Since it is possible to rename the *.ovpn file to rename the connection in the GUI it awfully requieres Administrator rights!!
    As first it would be nessesary to place the file into a location where the user can edit it (e.g. own Roaming Profile or C:\ProgramData) or to implement a "Rename Connection" function. The setting could also be…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Optimization of Backup (sub)-page

If you take the maximum of (daily / weekly / monthly) backups - for example up to 99 entries and Automatic SUM Backups - the WebGUI (depending on hardware) needs up to 5 minutes to build this page. Could you split this page into several sub-pages?
    For example 20 items per sub-page!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Change the ESPDUMP SA output file to an Wireshark Format

Hi guys,
    I use quite often your ESPDUMP tool to troubleshoot and analyse IPsec packets VPN traffic from my customers. Wireshark has (unfortunately) no import interface for the SA files at the moment. But in the profiles folder of Wireshark, was automatically created a esa_sa file if your create the first SA entry:

On Windows: (For example)
    C: \ Users \ admin \ AppData \ Roaming \ Wireshark \ profiles \ ESP-SA \ esp_sa

I know: This ESP_SA file has of course a different format, as the ESP-SA file what was generated by ESPDUMP.

And for a few SA keys…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide more granularity as to which options users see in the User Portal

Configuration of User Portal options by function AND by user or group (and perhaps even by network or domain) would provide more granular control over what each particular user or group of users is able to see/access.

Unless I'm mistaken, the portal options settings apply to and display for all users.... sort of an all or none situation. However, there are times where certain users just need access to a few portal options. Displaying additional options can be confusing to the user and can - at times - create a problem for IT and /or policy makers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. allow to create support tickets from the UTM

It would be awesome if a myUTM account (or several if required) could be linked to a UTM.
    It should then be possible to create a Support Ticket directly from the UTM.

At best it should be possible to generate a per-ticket user for UTM login for the Sophos supporter.
    This should allow easier support for both sides since information about the related UTM, access and so forth can be automatically attached to the ticket.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. search or refine for DNAT or SNAT or FullNAT

On the NAT page in 9.005, there is no way to display only the SNATs (or DNATs or FullNATs)... entering 'SNAT' into the search box in a blank result.
    Please add a dropdown or add these terms to the searched words.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Only folder name for On-Access-Scan exceptions

Could it be possible to implement the feature to exclude folders from On-Access-Scan and planned scans (on Windows clients) by specifying only the folder name and not the absolute path.
    This means every folder (and their subfolders) who has the specified name will be excluded from scans.
    For example specified folder name is "debug"
    and therefor all of this folders (and their subfolders) get excluded by scans c:\debug; c:\VS2010\Project\Test\DEBUG; d:\workspace\debug
    but for example the folder c:\programdata\debug-rest will be scanned
    It would be also nice if you could implement the ability work with wildcards and or variables for folder pathes,
    for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. email appliance: policy message flow documentation

email appliance: policy message flow documentation does not include "data control" - see http://ca-repo1.sophos.com/docs/esa/sea_docs/en/ESA/references/policy_flow.html for reference

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Reduce menu clutter by moving or removing unlicensed features

If I only have a license for a few features, it would be nice if the other, unlicensed, features were not shown in the main menu, or at least moved to the bottom; it would speed up access to the licensed features.

thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Logging: Add feedback indicating search in progress / finished

When Searching the log files over a long period of time, one cannot see if the search query had no results or is not completed, yet. It would help to see a message like "No matches for your search query" to know that the search is completed.

It would be great if there was feedback indicating it is "still searching" and waiting to complete finished with an indicator telling me that no more results will be coming.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Let me set my own server timeout.

Let me set my own server timeout, sticky sessions hard coded at 300 sec might not be enough for some applications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. WebAdmin: Speedup GUI when there is a lot of objects e.g. >2000

The GUI seem to get sluggish with a lot of objects, often I find my self waiting while lists are populated or updated.

On modern hardware searching and filtering through a couple of thousand items should be near instantaneous.

Please optimise the GUI for high object counts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Central Management SUM Server: Possibility to keep a maximum of 30 backups per device

SUM Server: By now, automatic backup configuration allows a maximum of 10 backups per device. For audits (e.g. SAS70) we need to have the possibility to save at least 30 backups (1 month) per device.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Viewing Firewall Rules

When viewing firewall rules, they seem to take up quite a lot of room on the screen. It would be nice if you could have a condensed view, where instead of have the big Edit, Delete and Clone buttons on top of one another, you have these displayed as just icons (with tool tips) **** out horizontally. This would allow you to view more rules per page (up to 3 times the amount). This could also be used for other parts of the UI (e.g Filter Actions, NAT rules etc)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.