SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. UserPortal Language Choice

At present, Fallback Language is available but it the capability to force the same language as the welcome text would provide a more consistent interface.

If having an administrator configured default language is not possible, maybe an option for the end user to change their own language setting. Many users comment that they are more comfortable with English terminology for things like mail quarantine etc through years of experience rather than translations that are sometimes too literal.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID - Old - Do not use Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export Firewall Rules

It would be very helpful to export the firewall rules in a readable,sortable and printable way, for example csv file.
    If you have a big ruleset it is very tricky to get an overview to consolidate or sort the rules.
    Furthermore you're not able to export the firewall rules to give it to other users, for example the rules for a special application.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID - Old - Do not use Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sophos UTM software installer with serial console enabled by default

Please see this www.astaro.org thread:
    https://www.astaro.org/gateway-products/hardware-installation-up2date-licensing/51383-sophos-pcengines-apu-6.html#post286165

With 8000 views, there is a huge VGA blind but SERIAL aware user community. We would love a serial console (ttyS0) enabled installer image.

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Modify of all UTM's own services, to bind only to specified IP's or Interfaces.

By now a service (SSL/PPTP/WebAdmin/ all UTM services) binds to all IP's, which is each time a IT Audit happens a pain to discuss, ... .

In general should only be opened and bound what is configured to do so.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Usability: Filtering Certificates before building the certificate lists

Hello,

on adding WAF at a client installation with heavy Remote Access usage two usability issues came up:

1) if i try to select the server certificate for the WAF site, the list builds for a very long time and then presents all certificates - in my case ~ 960 User certificates, the local certificates and the three Server certificates I imported... This is let's say, "suboptimal"... ;-)

2) The certificate list is sorted case sensitive, which is, again, "suboptimal" - it means that TEST..., Test..., and test... are at three different positions in the list. Combine that with the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow for at least logo customization of the User Portal and WebAdmin page.

Would like to see the capability to extend at LEAST logo customization of the User Portal page. Ideally it would be beneficial to modify the logo for the WebAdmin portal as well, however the User Portal customization is critical if we are to position this solution against competing products from Juniper (MAG), Palo Alto, and Fortinet.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Import IP addresses from txt or CSV file to network definitions in Web Manager

I have over 3500 IP addresses I need to add into my network definitions. I need to add them all to firewall definitions. It would save me so much work if I could just import these IP addresses as a CSV into a bunch of network definitions.

It would be even more advantageous if I could import the IP addresses to network definitions and have them all automatically go into a network group.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Central Portal: Adjust Columns Widths

The column widths in the Central interface are fixed. This does not make sense and makes many items in the Alerts and RCA sections unreadable. The user should always be able to adjust all column widths.

This should also be true for the Central Endpoint client. It makes no sense that the window is a fixed size that can not be expanded or maximized and that the columns cannot be adjusted. I cannot read most of the lines on my system which severely limits the usefulness of the log.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. As SUM is doing backups for all the connected UTM`s - I would like to get the backups by email from the SUM.

As SUM is doing backups for all the connected UTM`s - I would like to get the backups by email from the SUM.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow reordering of Local Service ACL Rules

You can't reorder Administrator Local Service ACL Rules after initial creation. Reordering involves deleting and adding rules to create new orders

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Rename port XG

Is possibile in future release of Sophos XG rename the port connection? it will be more usefull for the implementation of rule and routing

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. UserPortal: Configurable Timeout Option

The User Portal needs a configurable time out to log users out after a period of inactivity.

Even with session cookies disabled the session will remain open for many, many hours unless the user chooses to manually log out.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. for Aplication control, edit all the items in the main screen

in aplication control, we should be able to edit all the item´s in the main screen, by using the edit, delete or check -box option in each item, i wish to add an image (edited) for ilustrate the idea, but i can´t doit in this post.

if the web manager allow me for do this i guess i´ll could be more clear

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. want to disable userportal with otp auto generate enabled

when 'Auto-create OTP tokens for users' is enabled on OTP tab and i try and disable the userportal i get 'OTP users cannot access auto-created tokens in user portal'

for security i only enable the portal when i need to tell a user how to setup the ssl vpn client connection all other times i disable for security

to get round this i have to disable the auto create option then i can disable the userportal this is a pain as i need to enable both next time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. View comment

Is possibile in future release of Sophos XG to view the comment of the firewall rule in the list and not only when i modify a single rule?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Group firewall rule xg

With the new Sophos XG I think is more clear if it's possible to Group every rule by the zone and you can expand the Group you need, like every rule from WAN to LAN, every rule from LAN to DMZ ... etc. it is possible?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. DHCP-server selection at Lease Tables

Please include a combo-box to choose between the running DHCP servers in the IPv4/v6 Lease-Table-Tabs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. scanning of subfolders for removable drives for Sophos Clean

Sophos Clean provides a switch, /scanonly, to specify a drive to scan however this doesn't scan subfolders. Being able to effectively scan removable drives AND subfolders with Sophos Clean seems to be critical to determine if a removable drive is clean. Sophos Clean is a 2nd opinion scanner, is it not?

1. How will this new feature address your business requirements?: allow us to effectively scan subfolders for potential malicious files without having to pick one at a time.

2. How would you rate the importance of this feature?; Critical

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Consistent display of firewall rule names/comments

We noticed that the management overview(i.e. recent changes) refers to the firewall rules by name. This name, however, is nowhere to be found on the firewall rules list (or elsewhere, for that matter) - makes that name quite useless. What you do see is the comment you added (or did not add) when creating/editing the rule.
    Makes no sense to mel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.