SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

Suggest an Idea...

Expire date for firewall rules

Firewall rules should have an optional expiry date. This is useful, if a firewall rule has only been approved for a certain period of time.

With this feature the firewall admin no longer needs to schedule in a separate calendar the removal of a temporary rule and then perform a manual task.

This results in a cleaner ruleset and less effort for the firewall admin.

31 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ivan Hafner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Malc Leary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I logged on here to post this exact request. I too don't see why we need a manual system to remove 'timed' firewall rules. I also agree with Klaus' post - there should be some sort of email/notification that the rule is about to be switched off.

• lferrara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NIce request!
    Some times, we need to create rules for accounts that work only for a certain period of time and will help us to better manage this situation.
    These kind of rules can be deleted automatically or disabled.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.