SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

Suggest an Idea...

Sophos UTM software installer with serial console enabled by default

Please see this www.astaro.org thread:
https://www.astaro.org/gateway-products/hardware-installation-up2date-licensing/51383-sophos-pcengines-apu-6.html#post286165

With 8000 views, there is a huge VGA blind but SERIAL aware user community. We would love a serial console (ttyS0) enabled installer image.

126 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mokaz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • servi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey you have installed the sophos on a APU Board?
    Do you also have a verry slow mbit/s rate?
    My max is 30mbit/s

• George T. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More options and greater hardware (current and future) platform support is always good!

• Andre Lackmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another APU owner. Sure I was able to do a blind install duplicating the keystrokes on a VirtualBox VM - but it sure aint pretty.

• Thomas M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here! I have an APU1D4 and i was always installing the image blind just with a keyboard connected, installed it in a vm and i was going through the same steps simultaneously, funny was a serial cable had to be connected otherwise the installation on the APU failed.

• GaNL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. There are loads of people with, for example, APU1C / APU1D's out there. Please support this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.