SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

Suggest an Idea...

Add driver support for Intel X710 Virtual Function

Add kernel support (i40evf) for newer Intel X710 Virtual Function. Actually, there is a driver for older X520 Intel Virtual Function (ixgbevf), but no module for newer cards... It allows to use SR-IOV in virtualized environment, which provides a huge performance boost on network adapters supporting it.

Intel provides a configuration guide to use SR-IOV with X(L)710 cards :
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/products/networking/xl710-sr-iov-config-guide-gbe-linux-brief.html

Thanks,
Nicolas

6 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sarabanjina shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, Sophos, 2019 is knocking at the door and still no support for X710 - did you even noticed that this was released in
    _2014_???

It´s a shame!
    And no support for Intel X722 either, which was released in Q3 2017!

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support ! For a long time there was no update on compatibility of iron. Please add drivers for Lenovo SR 530

• Kris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have QLogic bcm57xxx cards that support SR-IOV and would like to use it with my software UTM 9.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.