SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

Suggest an Idea...

Mail Security: Blacklisted Sender Options

Currently, any mails received from an e-mail address in the sender blacklist (under Mail Security / SMTP / Anti-Spam) are silently dropped.

How about providing an option where you can choose to do the following:

1) Silently drop / blackhole the email (current functionality)

2) Quarantine the email so the end user can choose to release

3) Bounce the email to the sender with a customisable message

4) Redirect the email to another destination address.

18 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

stuartpatton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Adrian Neale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, we have blacklisted *@ourdomain.com to avoid spoof emails from outside but we need to allow one through, e.g. allow@ourdomain.com.

The Hotspot facility sends a "password of the day" email which is blacklisted by the UTM itself, it comes from 127.0.0.1.

As mentioned, the blacklist takes priority over any whitelists and we cannot whitelist 127.0.0.1 as the UTM does not allow it.

Any ideas?

Adrian.

• Gavin Lynch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stuart, I agree with your feature request. I have a customer that wants to block all incoming email from hotmail, gmail, and yahoo accounts. BUT, they have customers who use those types of accounts for business, so we can't use the blacklist because it does a silent drop before it reaches the Exceptions.

• stuartpatton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bob, that would work, but I particularly like the idea of it happening automatically, because fundamentally, I'm a system administrator and therefore lazy :o)

• Bob Alfson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry to hear that you're having to deal with a psycho. Rather than 2/3/4, what about adding an option to the 'Expression Filter' in 'Anti-Spam' that allows you to have matches put into a "system" quarantine where an administrator can do any of the items you've lised above.

• stuartpatton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I particularly need to be able to do number "4" - we are getting harassed by a particular individual and I want to redirect all e-mails from this person to our legal people without the intended recipient or the sender knowing this has happened.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.