SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

Suggest an Idea...

notification disk going fail

There is no Monitor/Notification which would send information for harddisks going to fail in a few days/week. Maybe using S.M.A.R.T.?

And there ist no notification about failed single disks, only in RAID like "CRIT-060 Raid degraded: harddisk replacement needed".

Please add a notification for single disks (without RAID) in case of failure or a few days earlier.
Thank you.

7 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kalle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Humberto M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi james, we also proposed the same to Sophos but the way they work is whenever a component is failing or above to fail they send you a new unit. I am sure this procedure has something to do with the fact that they haven't added such a handy feature as it has graciously been requested here over a year ago. I am just happy we had fail-over High availability then we can work with their procedure of swapping a whole unit because of one hard drive failure.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With all due respect Humberto, I think the point is to know about the disk failing before the entire unit fails. For my HPE and Dell services, I can get S.M.A.R.T. alerts about the "predictive failure" status of a disk. This let's me get the disk replace the disk before the harddrive and/or server fails completely.
    It would be a lot better to get notification that the disk as a problem before finding out when the firewall has completely failed.

• Humberto M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You pretty much won't need to have this feature since they won't let you open up the SOPHOS if your Hard drive goes back you will have to send the whole unit. they will send you a replacement (WHOLE UNIT) not just the SD Card.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.