SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

Suggest an Idea...

remotely reboot a red device

It would be handy if you could use the UTM console to reboot a remote ethernet device (RED). Right now always someone on the other side is needed in case a RED needs a power cycle.

71 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Marco shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think "Martin Damgaard" posted the solution. Our RED rebooting, when they don't have a connection to our UTM. So this works when you just disable the RED connection on your UTM for one minute.

• Dean Edwards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the problem is that the RED isn't communicating with the central Sophos box, then changing the settings on the Sophos box will have no affect.

I've seen it before were I can ping the RED but it for some reason no longer tries to update from the main router. In cases like this, some way of remotely accessing the RED directly to force a reboot would be helpful!

• Martin Damgaard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you not allready do this, by just briefly disable the tunnel on the UTM, and then enable it again?
    I believe this would trigger a reboot of the RED at the other end..?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.