SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Up2Date: Configuration Roll Back Option

Add a link in the Up2Date section with the most recent applied Up2Dates, and all for a roolback to a previous version if needed.

289 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

35 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. WebAdmin: Granular ACLs / Roles for Admins

It would be fantastic to have the ability to lock down each section inside of WebAdmin so that certain activities could be delegated to Junior Admin staff (such as only the ability to add entries to blacklists in the Web Security, or only access to the Mail Security section, etc.), without exposing the entire configuration of the ASG to them.

Predefined templates like Web Security Admin, Blacklist Admin, DHCP Admin, Mail Security Admin, Network Security Admin, etc. could be included (and subsequently modified to add or remove allowed items). The ACL would simply be either Allow or Deny for a…

160 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. WebAdmin: Official Certificate Support

Customers currently create support tickets and are otherwise looking for ways to remove the "warning" messages associated with the certificates that are generated right from the AxG for webadmin/userportal. We should support such certificates from verisign, keytrust etc..... Allows companies to use officially purchased/accepted resources with our solution, removing potential "warning" messages.

111 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. WebAdmin: iPhone / iPad (iOS) Friendly GUI

Currently there are some features of the Astaro interface that do not work on the iPhone's Safari browser.

The most notable of which, dragging and dropping of definitions and hosts, doesn't work. The only way to create a NAT rule or a packet filter rule is to create new hosts and protocol definitions for each rule. In a pinch this is ok, but still not ideal.

Perhaps a search-box concept with a dropdown suggestion list (like many popular search engines)? Or maybe the community has some ideas?

The drag and drop is awesome for the full browsers though, so I…

103 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Definitions: IP-Range network definition object

Currently Astaro only supports single ip address and complete networks or multiple instances of these two. Adding a range object for the network objects should enable the admin to specify a list of addresses which are in a consecutive order and can be applied to most of not all cases where a network group can be used. a range object could look like this: 10.0.0.13-10.0.0.19 As not all subsystems of the ASG support this kind of data, we would need to split the range into a group if single ip addresses and networks, than all underlaying system would be able…

94 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. WebAdmin: Enhance Lists Widget

We need to make improvements to the Widget tool which allows you to enter and maintain white and blacklist entries. Currently they are quite unwieldy if you have lots of entries. We should be able to sort, delete all, and otherwise scale this part of WebAdmin.

For example, the email addresses in the SMTP whitelist and blacklist list boxes need to be searchable so you can see if something is already in it.

45 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support Firefox 3.5

I updated to Firefox 3.5 today, and suddenly I can't drag-n-drop objects in ASG 7.4. This makes FF35 useless. Not sure who to blame, but FF35 support is needed

39 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Definitions: Group in group support for objects

Allow the creation of groups inside other groups as having it in ASG V6. These kind of nested groups must be expanded by mdw. we have to make sure that customers use it wisely and do not create 50.000 packet filter rules accidentally. The feature should thus allow for some sort of pre-counter, whereby if the user creates a packetfilter rule using groups, the logic should alert them that as a result of what they do, the results will be 200 (eg) rules created to the table. This logic should also be applied to some sort of fixed size, perhaps…

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. WebAdmin: Import / Export support for List Box Widget

Currently it is only possible to add single string entries into these widgets, adding 20 or even more entries is time consuming. Therefore we need to extend the widget to have an additional import/export/change functionality. Possible would be that the while data will be displayed in a single 'textarea' field where customers can cut'n'paste stuff in and out. We had a similar functionality in V6 in the black- and whitelist.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Gert Hansen responded

we have now added two icons right besides the ‘plus’ icon to import and export the list entries from the list box widget into the 7.500 release which has been gone to beta today, please check it out and give feedback at http://www.astaro.org

11. WebAdmin: Add Group Support to NAT rules

Allow the usage of groups in more available areas, such as in Static, Policy rooutes, so that anyplace a definition can be specified and it makes technical sense, groups will be allowed as well.. Further integrates groups and reduces the amount of configuration an administrator must do by allowing us to extrapolate many things from a single group.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Angelo Comazzetto responded

This has been completed in ASG V8. Groups can now be used in NAT rules, Routing, and other areas where it is technically possible to do so.

12. Packet Filter: Disable logging for multiple (or all) rules

It would be very nice, if there were a checkbox-action like "Disable Logging" for selected firewall rules.Everyone who have 100 rules or more knows what I mean.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Display Astaro hostname at top of Webadmin

Often times I have multiple Webadmins open for all the different sites from the ACC. They all look exactly the same and though I have not made the mistake of configuring the wrong site by accident, I know its coming. I recommend adding the hostname at the top for quick reference to know you are at the right site. Perhaps under the logged in user information?

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is already implemented, after a successfull login the title shows username and hostname

14. Backup File should include Firewall Name

Because we have several ASG's, we have an overhead in organizing the weekly configuration backup files, because they have all the same name. It would be helpful to have backup-<name>-<timestamp>.abf.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make Time Events Span Midnight

The way it is now it is more complicated than it needs to be when specifying rules based on time events that span midnight. For instance, if I want to control weekday usage, I need to make a rule for Monday through Friday, say, 22:00 to 24:00, then another rule for Tuesday through Saturday 0:00 through 5:00. Maybe allowing me to specify 22:00 to 29:00, or something. I'm not sure how to implement it, but I think it could be much "smarter" about spanning midnight.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Configurable WebAdmin Shortcut Keys

Provide the ability for admins to specify the shortcut key combinations to be used, vs the previously hard-coded ctrl+ keys.. Allows avoiding conflicts with existing key shortcuts on a user system, (like copy/paste).

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request has been implemented. You will find a new tab called ‘user preferences’ under WebAdmin Settings where you can change the shortcuts to your prefered one. This feature is included in the 7.500 beta version released today. Please check it out and post your feedback at http://www.astaro.org

17. WebAdmin: Retain Search Box Data

retain the search data once the search is submitted.. avoid having to re-enter the same info over and over after running a search and then working with the results, and going back to the search result list.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. WebAdmin: User-Configurable Dashboard

Include a "Dashboard Settings" page, which allows a WebAdmin user to select or configure the items to appear on their dashboard.

For example, if I tend to use the ASG primarily as an SMTP proxy, I may want to include some extra detail on my dashboard (e.g. BATV reject count, top n expression filter matches, etc.) so I can easily see what matters to me at a glance. Would be nice to also be able to include historical graphs too should I wish to (CPU usage, email activity, etc.) or at least some slimmed-down version of those graphs. Maybe there…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. AstaroOS: Installation of Software Appliances from USB Drive

right now you can install via a flash drive to only ASG. It would be highly valuable to be able to install from a usb flash drive to our own custom hardware.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  14 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. WebAdmin: View Logged in Admins

I would like to see on the dashboard a list or count of sessions logged into the ASG. This would let me know if another administrator or a user is logged on the system.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.