SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. LZO Compression in SSLVPN is deprecated

Hi,

the compression used in utm is marked es deprecated. When you use .ovpn file on Mac with "Tunnelblick", you get this warning with a new ordered firewall. uncool...

https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/DeprecatedOptions#Option:--comp-lzo

49 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dark Mode on XG v18

Why not implement the Dark Mode on SophosXG v18?

Or Just add a customization label under general settings?

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Native Windows 10 SSLVPN UWP VPN plug-in

Can we get a Windows 10 VPN plugin like the other vendors have done to allow SSLVPN over the standard Windows 10 VPN client.

This would solve all the deployment problems with the legacy client, No more saving passwords in text files, no more TAP adapters, no more messing with shortcuts to make the process transparent.

Here is an example of how easy deployment is with a plugin to the built in

Add-AppxPackage -Path "C:\VPN.Appx"
    $xml = "<MobileConnect><Port>4433</Port></MobileConnect>"
    $sourceXml=New-Object System.Xml.XmlDocument
    $sourceXml.LoadXml($xml)
    Add-VpnConnection -Name "Work Network" -ServerAddress https://vpn.work.com:4433 -PluginApplicationID SonicWall.MobileConnect_cw5n1h2txyewy -CustomConfiguration $sourceXml -RememberCredential $true

You can even configure the VPN connection…

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VPN  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disconnect SSL VPN User Sessions

If I have to disconnect SSL VPN User Sessions, it would be fine, when I have a button.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. TLS 1.2+ support for User and Admin Portal

UTM doesn't support anything higher than TLS 1.1 For the User and Admin portals. This is a huge security fail for a security appliance.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Quarantine mail contains only reason "File-Extension" but not which extension exactly

We have configured the system to quarantine emails with certain extensions.
    However, the recipient then only sees the quarantine reason "File Extension" in the notification. It is urgently desired that he also sees directly which file extension it is. The admin only sees this in the mail manager

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. sbc global .net sign in | Sbcglobal login email

sbc global .net sign in | Sbcglobal login email
    Go to the AT & T and in the yahoo web browser, type the sbc global.net signin. as both have the same principle, from the year 2006. They are loved and admired by people all over the globe. Sbcglobal login email is no more difficult task to perform by the users with the help of expert’s advice. For more:- https://getemailservices.com/sbcglobal-login-email/

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Firewall Rule : [BUG] The trigger area to turn on or turn off rules is expanding according to the size of the rule

Please Correct the trigger area ON-OFF on firewall rule policy, please make it just only clickable only on the bottom icon. Now the activates area is expanding according to the size of the rule??
    We have to face the difficulty of using it. we always disable the rule by mistake because we did not recognize the area which is not an icon also do the trigger

But this behavior did not happen in NAT Rule, Masquerading, or any toggle switch on other features in the firewall.
    We used Firmware Version: 9.702-1

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. SSL Site-to-Site VPN uses the same IP pool as SSL-Remote-VPN

SSL-Site-to-Site-VPN uses the same IP pool as SSL-Remote-VPN. This leads to problems if the UTM acts as an SSL-Site-to-Site-VPN-Master and at the same time as an SSL-Remote-VPN-Master.
    By using the same pool, packets from the respective VPN systems are routed incorrectly. For example, packets from the remote VPN can be routed to peers in the Site 2 site tunnel.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. SSLVPN: Bad Compression header

Hello,

I'm using SSLVPN and am getting "Bad compression error" as mentioned in below post:
    https://community.sophos.com/products/xg-firewall/f/vpn/100669/ssl-vpn-bad-compression-stub-decompression-header-byte-102

Downgrading OpenVPN client to version 2.3.10 solves this issue.

As discussed with Sophos Escalations Team, raising a request here to upgrade OpenVPN server of Sophos to make it compatible with newer versions of OpenVPN client.

Ubuntu 18.04 onwards ships with newer version of OpenVPN client and its older versions are no longer supported on Ubuntu 18.04 onwards. Hence, it would great if this can be done at the earliest.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Wordpress Security

Its Zubair, I am a WordPress developer, and I am finishing the project for my client. My client is very conscious about security and privacy, So I have taken all the precautions while developing a website. I have followed this guide: https://codup.co/wordpress-security-guide If anything is missing in this guide and if something is important, then please let me know.

Thanks in advance

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. new DHCP Option code

new DHCP Option code:

Option Name: 200 H323 Gatekeeper
    Vendor: Innovaphone

Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Networking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Vpn for security

I've been using nordvpn and I love it. Bought a 2 year subscription on one of the Xmas sales. Been using it on Windows and Android, super easy to use.

There are online comparisons of major plans out there. Be careful though, there is a lot of misinformation / fake news / affiliate sites out there so it's a bit hard to know who to trust. It's pretty technical, but as a start recommend you read https://www.reviewsed.com article on impossible task of creating best of VPN lists. It gives a good overview of some of the issues, and what VPNs…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. S/MIME certificate export durch GUI.

It will be nice, if there is a button for downloading the extern S/MIME Certificates from Email Protection > Encryption > S/MIME Certificate.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Usability/GUI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. FastestVPN is the hallmark for success for VPN providers in the world here's why?

FastestVPN was formed in the Cayman Island in 2017 and instantly became a success, their renowned features made them the best VPN for Android users, and their formidable security protocols, also named them as the best VPN for IOS users as well!
    https://fastestvpn.com/download/android-vpn

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add options to reject or quarantine emails that fail or have invalid DKIM

Currently, even if an email fails DKIM verification it is delivered. There should be, at the very least, an option to quarantine emails that aren't successfully verified. Also see https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/f/mail-protection-smtp-pop3-antispam-and-antivirus/112950/dkim-verification/.

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Dark Mode

Actually, every program has a DARK MODE. Windows has it, One Note has it, Word has it, the UniFi Controller has it...

Why not the Web-Interface of the Sophos XG Home?!?

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Operating System  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. port 25

The default port to email a backup copy of the settings is Port 25.

Many ISPs block Port 25.

It would be helpful if an alternate port could either be chosen or selected such as Port 587.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Stop SSL VPN from storing users' passwords in client PC's memory

Currently the Sophos SSL VPN client logs this warning in its log when connecting: "WARNING: this configuration may cache passwords in memory -- use the auth-nocache option to prevent this"

This appears to be a security risk, since a malicious program could conceivably obtain the user's login credentials.

I opened a ticket with Sophos support for this, but they confirmed there is no way to make the UTM add this option to the .ovpn files when it creates the client installer bundle for a user. The user CAN manually add it to their .ovpn file, but it's not feasible to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. mib

hi all,

I would like to monitor via snmp users vpn sessions, ie there bandwith and the user logged on at any given time on my utm 9 device.

thanks,
    Rob

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 186 187
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.