SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Native Windows 10 SSLVPN UWP VPN plug-in

Can we get a Windows 10 VPN plugin like the other vendors have done to allow SSLVPN over the standard Windows 10 VPN client.

This would solve all the deployment problems with the legacy client, No more saving passwords in text files, no more TAP adapters, no more messing with shortcuts to make the process transparent.

Here is an example of how easy deployment is with a plugin to the built in

Add-AppxPackage -Path "C:\VPN.Appx"
    $xml = "<MobileConnect><Port>4433</Port></MobileConnect>"
    $sourceXml=New-Object System.Xml.XmlDocument
    $sourceXml.LoadXml($xml)
    Add-VpnConnection -Name "Work Network" -ServerAddress https://vpn.work.com:4433 -PluginApplicationID SonicWall.MobileConnect_cw5n1h2txyewy -CustomConfiguration $sourceXml -RememberCredential $true

You can even configure the VPN connection…

29 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  VPN  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disconnect SSL VPN User Sessions

If I have to disconnect SSL VPN User Sessions, it would be fine, when I have a button.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VPN  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Vpn for security

I've been using nordvpn and I love it. Bought a 2 year subscription on one of the Xmas sales. Been using it on Windows and Android, super easy to use.

There are online comparisons of major plans out there. Be careful though, there is a lot of misinformation / fake news / affiliate sites out there so it's a bit hard to know who to trust. It's pretty technical, but as a start recommend you read https://www.reviewsed.com article on impossible task of creating best of VPN lists. It gives a good overview of some of the issues, and what VPNs…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  VPN  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop SSL VPN from storing users' passwords in client PC's memory

Currently the Sophos SSL VPN client logs this warning in its log when connecting: "WARNING: this configuration may cache passwords in memory -- use the auth-nocache option to prevent this"

This appears to be a security risk, since a malicious program could conceivably obtain the user's login credentials.

I opened a ticket with Sophos support for this, but they confirmed there is no way to make the UTM add this option to the .ovpn files when it creates the client installer bundle for a user. The user CAN manually add it to their .ovpn file, but it's not feasible to…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Recommended VPN

Good Morning, Good afternoon and good evening to everyone out there....

I would like to get a vpn software as I hope to travel to China in December and would like to be able to access google maps when I'm over there as last time I travelled it was barred. Can anyone recommend any good VPN software to purchase or download ? I already read many reviews on websites like https://www.techlectual.com

thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. SSL Site-to-Site VPN uses the same IP pool as SSL-Remote-VPN

SSL-Site-to-Site-VPN uses the same IP pool as SSL-Remote-VPN. This leads to problems if the UTM acts as an SSL-Site-to-Site-VPN-Master and at the same time as an SSL-Remote-VPN-Master.
    By using the same pool, packets from the respective VPN systems are routed incorrectly. For example, packets from the remote VPN can be routed to peers in the Site 2 site tunnel.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. SSLVPN: Bad Compression header

Hello,

I'm using SSLVPN and am getting "Bad compression error" as mentioned in below post:
    https://community.sophos.com/products/xg-firewall/f/vpn/100669/ssl-vpn-bad-compression-stub-decompression-header-byte-102

Downgrading OpenVPN client to version 2.3.10 solves this issue.

As discussed with Sophos Escalations Team, raising a request here to upgrade OpenVPN server of Sophos to make it compatible with newer versions of OpenVPN client.

Ubuntu 18.04 onwards ships with newer version of OpenVPN client and its older versions are no longer supported on Ubuntu 18.04 onwards. Hence, it would great if this can be done at the earliest.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. FastestVPN is the hallmark for success for VPN providers in the world here's why?

FastestVPN was formed in the Cayman Island in 2017 and instantly became a success, their renowned features made them the best VPN for Android users, and their formidable security protocols, also named them as the best VPN for IOS users as well!
    https://fastestvpn.com/download/android-vpn

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. mib

hi all,

I would like to monitor via snmp users vpn sessions, ie there bandwith and the user logged on at any given time on my utm 9 device.

thanks,
    Rob

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Upgrade OpenVPN to fix key lifetime OTP issue

if you have one time password (OTP) turned on and you reach key lifetime which by default is 8 hours the VPN kicks you out because it tries to re-authenticate with the old OTP password - new versions of openvpn have fixed this - a work around is to adjust the key lifetime which decreases security

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. SSL VPN - create and use a certificate revocation list

If a user is deleted from the UTM and the account was in use for SSL VPN, his user certificate should be set to a certification revocation list.
    The SSL VPN service should use this revocation list to avoid using old certificates from accounts that were created on the UTM with the same name. This is currently possible, 05/2020.
    The UTM does not maintain revocation lists for users and the SSL VPN service does not use this capability, although OpenVPN offers it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. SSLVPN Load Balancing in Cyberoam CR35iNG

Hello,

I checked with Sophos technical support team and found that there is no option for Load Balancing / sharing for SSLVPN on Cyberoam CR35iNG.
    We are using 2 ISPs with 30 Mbps each. If there was a way to make some sort of division in VPN rules/setting so that half of our employees could user 1st ISP and other other half could use 2nd ISP. This would really impact bandwidth usage and decrease lags on SSLVPN. As of now due to COVID-19 situation all of our employees are working from home and our 2nd ISP is not getting used…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Wireguard VPN support

I'd be nice if you would include WireGuard in your suite of server-side VPN protocols in your UTM line.

129 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  VPN  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. restrict machine to log in on remote access vpn if it do not have any sophos agent installed on the machine

Customer is requesting to have restriction for the machine to log in on remote access vpn if it do not have any sophos agent installed on it. For your assistance please

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VPN  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. SSL VPN - Assign IP address via internal DHCP server

When clients connect via the SSL Remote Access VPN, you should have the option to assign IP Addresses via an internal DHCP server and not only from the UTM Virtual IP Pool. This is currently available with PPTP and L2TP over IPsec but not with SSL VPN. Companies need to have more control over the IP addresses and leases assigned to clients that connect via the SSL VPN.

55 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VPN  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Request to add notification alert for Remote Access VPN

Hi, Please include generate email notification alert for Remote Access VPN option in Sophos UTM 9. This help us to know who and where they connect.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. AWS Transit Gateway Support

Currently, the Amazon VPC setup does not support the new Transit Gateway in AWS. When you attempt to import via config file or secret key it errors out with a Regex error.

I went up the whole chain of premium support and the GES Engineer let me know it currently isn't supported.

As Transit Gateway is the future of Inter VPC & S2S networking this would be nice to have supported.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  VPN  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. vpn

Please block Star VPN. It is connecting on the user machines and they can browse freely.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. AWS VPN Automatically Create IPS Exception

We recently migrated our AWS VPN's from their 'Classic' to their 'New' style. We had major issues with this (and not a lot of documentation from either Sophos or AWS on what the issue could be).
    AFter having 4 Sophos engineers look into the problem, it turns out that the new AWS VPN uses NAT-T which was being caught by the UDP flood protection, as it's between two 169.x.x.x IP's at either end of the tunnel.

Since importing an AWS VPN config is supposed to be largely 'hands off', creating all the BGP and VPN settings in the background, it…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. ssl vpn IP blacklist / whitelist

i am getting a lot of rouge traffic trying to connect to my SSL VPN - black listing and white listing IP's, IP ranges or ISP's would be good

i know that it's secure and chances are they will never get in - though all the extra protection helps and if a flaw was ever found in openvpn this would help

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.