SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In Secure Email Gateway

In Secure Email Gateway can you please add a twice a week SPAM notification email sent to the user (say Sunday and Wednesday)?

Currently it can only be set for every day (which is too frequent) and once a week (which is not often enough).

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Report on number of times each rule was triggered

We support subsidiaries in several heavily regulated industries and the ability to report that we are, in fact, protecting sensitive data is incredibly important. We
    would like to be able to report on the number of times each rule was triggered over a period of time (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly,etc) and be able to drill down within each report to see information on the messages that are included in that count. Ideally we
    would like the ability to schedule the reports but that is not as important as having insight into what rules were triggered and being able to easily see…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Puremessage Exchange Alerts

Puremessage Exchange: Email Alert in the Exchange store settings. To recive an email with the alert wisch server have the Problem.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to use a Active Directory security group to receive quarantine emails rather than add each email address to exclude

Ability to use a Active Directory security group to receive quarantine emails rather than add each email address to exclude

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. email appliance reports

I confirmed with GES that currently the following time settings are as follows:

Quarantine Search - converted to Timezone setting
    Mail Queue - system GMT time
    Mail logs - converted to Timezone setting

my customer would like to get all the times above show as their local time to reduce the confusion for the admin and end users

the case in sophtrac is 4181932

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. SMTP authentication for internal mail host

Customer have two mail connector on the server. An authenticated and un-authenticated one. However the email appliance is not able to authenticate the internal mail host such that all the internal email are un-authenticated.

So customer want to add feature to authenticate the internal mail host. It will enhance email security solution by only allowing relaying of messages from authenticated sources.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. to extend the SMTP Log

I want to know, which admin deleted an E-Mail.
    In the SMTP Log I can only read "Deleted (Deleted from quarantine by user/admin)", but I need to know which admin deleted the Mail. Is it possible to log this information?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Utilize Active Directory for inbound E-Mail

I've noticed that many of the SPAM and Virus messages that we receive have bogus internal E-Mail addresses on them as either the sender address or the reply to address. Would it be possible to create a rule that Quarantines or Deletes these messages if the address is not vaild in Active Directory?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable the directory services groups to identify and include the mail attribute of any distribution group.

Enable the directory services groups to identify and include the mail attribute of any distribution group that is a member of the directory services group. Currently the product only identifies the mail attribute of members of the distribution group, and misses the mail attribute of the group itself, and therefore messages sent from the address of the mail enabled distribution groups are missed and policies are not applied to them.

How will this new feature address your business requirements?: It would make this feature of the appliance usable, in its current state it's not fit for purpose

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Put back the HTML version of the Disclaimer thats in Puremessage

Currently there is only option to put a text disclaimer and we used Puremessage for a number of years which had the capability of HTML discaliamers with different size fonts and colours its like going back in time with the TUM

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. mail stamp

i would like to raise a feature request. i name it "Mail Stamp" here.
    customers have this feature running before they migrate to Sophos EA.
    E.g. when a user send an email to external and this user is from @domain1.com, system willl be stamp at bottom of the email. we have create custom stamp coding using HTML code which include hyperlink and image.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improved Email Encryption

Improve Email Encryption possibilities similar to Zertificon Z1 (refers to most ideas also)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. IPS : configure IPS to block the hacker to hack mail id to send mail with that account

I am using my UTM625 as my mail gateway and I allowed some of emails to relay messages to the gateway.One of my users email has been hacked and used to sends mass amount of emails within short period of time without my IPS on my UTM stopping it.I suggest you add this feature as it, I think, is basic Spamming/DOS preventing method.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Mail Protection: Per-Exception "Hit" counters

In order to better fine-tune the mail exceptions and rules, it would be very helpful to see counts of messages that passed because of each exception. This may require restructuring the mail-exceptions, since it is not currently like the firewall rules with a numbered list of exceptions.
    This would be especially useful if particular (false negative) emails could be easily matched to an exception rule (if there was one involved.) This would allow much better response time to user complaints.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. email appliance - quarantine feature

In the quarantined messages summary email that is sent to users, provide a configuration option to turn off the inclusion of the mailto: link alongside each quarantined message listed. The reason for this is that customers don’t have an email client configured on student computers and clicking the mailto link brings up the Outlook configuration wizard which we don’t want. We would prefer that the summary email simply informs the user and provides them with a link to the portal where they can decide if they want to release the message/s.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Manual option of pop3 prefetch

If pop3 prefetch fails connection continuously 4 times, it will stop operation.
    And users can't receive mails entirely.
    For recovering this, it is necessary to access the database of SophosUTM.
    The operation of a database is difficult for users.
    Please add the forcing execution option of prefetch.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Recover blocked email

We have used Barracuda spam filtering in the past and had the ability to deliver mail from it if a message was blocked by the filter. It would be nice if I could do the same from UTM 9.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.