SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Update dyndns hostname with the public IP address used by RED to connect to UTM

UTM already shows in the main RED tab the IP addresses used by the RED devices do connect to the UTM. It would be great if this IP address could be used to update a dyndns host name and thus allow monitoring if the internet link of the remote side of the tunnel, when dynamically assigned IP are used on the remote side. Today, on a dropped RED connection, there is no way to know if the problem is with the remote internet link or the tunnel between sites.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Remote Ethernet Device (RED)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. show more information about REDs on the UTM

Allow the admin to see the last contact of the RED with the provisioning server to make sure it downloaded its config and when

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Remote Ethernet Device (RED)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reporting: Display 3G / UMTS line usage for RED

It would be nice to have an Report about all the REDs and how long they use the failover 3G connection. This would be helpful to reduce costs with UMTS-Dongles with on demand contracts and to debug problems with the primary connection.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow DNAT at RED location

It was my vision of the RED device that I would be able to replace the router/firewall devices at remote client sites and manage the sites from a central console or ASG. I was surprised last night when I learned that I cannot forward ports through a RED node.

In my scenario I have two branch offices which are using RED devices with two ASG220s (HA) at the Data Center. One branch office just has employees, so that one is fine. The second branch office currently houses the Small Business Server and a PBX phone requiring SIP. The SBS will…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Specify RED source WAN interface

I sure hope this isn't a duplicate. I have a client who has UTM at his sites. Each site has two internet circuits, from to difference providers, and each site has the same two providers as the other sites. He would like to pin a RED using the first vendor's internet circuits, and pin a second so the red will be built only on the second internet company's circuit. While you can control the destination of the RED, it doesn't appear that you can control the source interface for a given RED. I am suggesting that it would be possible…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow for USB 4G/3G to be configured as a primary connection

We have 100+ sites around the country. Settings up ADSL or any other form of wired connection as sites only last around 1-2 months.

Allowing the RED device to use the USB Dongle as its primary connection would be great so they can be setup without needing a wired connection.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. RED-Device with PoE on LAN-Port

One LAN-connection to the RED-Device should be supplied with PoE to supply a VoIP phone with voltage.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. RED: VLAN Tagging and Sophos AP Support in Standard/Split Mode

Actually there is no way to use VLAN Tagging and Sophos Accesspoints on RED Sites if Standard/Split Mode is selected.
    Why: If there is small internet connection on the UTM Site, it is useful to route the Internet traffic directly to local Internet router on the RED Site like Split Mode.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. RED 10 Support for Vodafone Surfstick K5150 LTE

current version of LTE Surfstick version - not listest as supported LTE/UMTS device

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Remote Ethernet Device (RED)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show Reverse IP in the RED Connection Status

I suggest to put following IP information the reverse ip information also.

It will help us to idenfity fastly what is the telecom operator that the RED use to connect to ASG.

May be will be like this.

SV REDXX (reds1) [ID REDid] online from 201.75.79.148 - 201.75.79.148.dyn.opp.net

SV REDYY (reds2) [ID REDid] online from 205.215.12.89 - 205.215.12.89.ip.opp2.com

etc...

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Remote Ethernet Device (RED)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. RED: Configurable port for communications

If the RED could communicate (establish a VPN) on a port other than its default, this would allow easy integration into a network with a locked down firewall without having to involve local IT resources.

Since ports 80 and 443 are often left open in small network environments, the device could be even more easily drop-shipped for installation.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. RED to working thru captive Portals

I travel alot... and I would love to extend my network into my hotel room. Systems like iBahn, which is found in alot of US hotels use a captive portal, RED needs a way to work with those portals and then connect to the gateway unit... even if it means a little web app in the unit its self... PLEASE work on this...

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Request to update the USB dongle list supported for RED and add version control

Request to update the USB dongle list supported for RED and add version control

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to use DNS Group for Notifications

Would like the ability to use a DNS Group over DNS Host or Availability group. The reason is some companies will have separate teams managing the network and windows\dns. It would be upto the DNS Admins to keep the DNS entries up to date and not the network team managing an availability group

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. RED: Kensington physical lock for RED devices

Protect your RED device from theft with a physical cable like you can with notebooks This is one way to secure this small device better

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Remote Ethernet Device (RED)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. some RED debugging

for a working RED, the ASG Webadmin should show currently connected USB devices (=UMTS sticks or...) in the status screen - for debugging, "is a stick connected" as well as "which stick is this?" and "is it recognized/supported by the RED firmware?" would be helpful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. RED : Transparent Split: Configurable MTU Size

Please create a Webadmin or cc Option for setting MTU size in transparent split mode.

It should survive an Red reboot / Red Firmwareupdate and should be redistributable in a cluster environment.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. add to the red devices web filter

one of the main reasons i didn't get red yet was because it lack of controlling remote office internet usage.
    it would be amazing if it had web filer and firewall to have more control

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. WAN links multipath on RED

Recently I come across a situation where on WAN 1, it is connected to a ADSL connection with a very slow upload speed, on WAN2, it's connected to a 4G network. It would be great if there is a feature like multipath so that all the upload traffics go through WAN 2 on a faster upload speed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Remote Ethernet Device (RED)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.