Sophos Mobile

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Mobile. Countless devices, one solution.

Suggest an Idea...

Proper push notifications on IOS secure email

It would be really helpful tobe able to recieve proper push notifications on IOS. We can choose now to use application notifications, or 'real' push notifications. Both don't work like a normakl push notification.
We'd like to recieve a normal push notofication with preview lines. (also when de application is not in background)

2 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Helpdesk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, I guess you know the difference between both types? Maybe these articles can help you to understand why this behaiviour can not be changed by Sophos.
        https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/124410
        https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/127137

What I can say from my own experience: the app push notifications (which include the preview) are working really good if you use the app regulary. As explained by Sophos in the first article:
        "...the operating system will grant this access based on internal rules and heuristics and may even suspend the app altogether...."
        "iOS continuously optimizes its behavior based on user patterns, which means that as an app is used more frequently, its priority increases and the app will not so easily be pushed to the background or suspended to the device storage."
        In other words: use the app more often and the problem will be solved :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.