Sophos Mobile

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Mobile. Countless devices, one solution.

Suggest an Idea...

Implement Scream/Ring functionality

For loss/theft protection, please implement the ability to let the phone ring in a very loud tone (even on muted) for at least 1 minute.
This helps, if you have lost your phone in your house. It also can disturb thiefs to get away unnoticed

9 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Michael Germain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The built in "Find my iPad" allows for the device to make a noise to aid in finding it. It would be nice to have this feature for managed devices. Also the ability to lock out users from turning location services off in Settings.

• RL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also included in the Apple iCloud Find My Phone option online. As is the ability to send a message to the lock screen.

I'd like to see the lock screen message and sound as an option in SMC for the admins and the users.

• Damien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss this feature from Blackberry days. Along with adding custom message on home screen to alert that phone has been tracked and should be handed in.

• Alex Bruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is part of the Free Sophos Security App (For Android) - Why can it not be part of the SMC app or even the Security app when managed by SMC???

I have a customer that really liked the feature in the Free app and then is disappointed to see this not available in the more "advanced" enterprise version??

I can understand some technical issues around supplying the nominated phone numbers able to do this but you could simply add the feature to the SSP so users can do this themselves.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.