Sophos Mobile

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Mobile. Countless devices, one solution.

Sophos Mobile

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Mobile. Countless devices, one solution.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatic removal of malware/PUA apps

In case that malware or PUA are found on a mobile device it would be great if SMC would automatically initiate a task that removes the corresponding app (either with/ or without user interaction).

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Sophos Mobile Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow for management of chromebooks

you have installs for windows, android, and iOS. please include google chromebooks as well

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sophos Mobile Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable Root Warning

As of newer version, Mobile security spams rooted users with a risk notification. I suggest providing an option to disable that notification as it gets tiresome to keep seeing it pop up. Most rooted users are well aware of the risks.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sophos Mobile Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make a photo of the user after 3 times failed passcode entry

If a user (or thief) enters the passcode wrongly 3 times, make a photo and mail it to a predefined address

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Mobile Security Authenticator

The authenticator functionality needs a method for transporting the keys between phones. I just spent 5 hours moving them out of sophos and into auth because this app does have that feature. This is a major failing that will make the functionality unusable in the medium term as phones change or get lost too often not to have backups of such vital info.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Webfiltering / Accessability Services for Android Enterprise Profile

Enable the Webfiltering Feature (depends on Accessability Service) for Android Enterprise profiles, so Enterprise Browser is protected and opening links in corporate GMail is safe for Users.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sophos Mobile Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Protect de-installation with a PIN/Password

Protect the de-installation of the app with a pin or password as a lot of competitors are doing it

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. KDBX 4 file Support (iOS & Android)

Latest keepass 2.x clients on Windows are using KDBX 4 file format.
    Support the new .kdbx 4 keepass file format when using cloud drives such as OneDrive Business as repository and sync feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Copy & Paste within the Sophos Email App only

Copy & Paste within the Sophos Email App only – having issues with our users on BYOD not being able to copy text\URLs to the Sophos email app or within its container only. The only option I can see is to all copy to clip board but this then allows users to copy email text\info outside of the container. this seems to only be on Apple devices

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow Wifi Access while App Protection Enabled

Currently If the app protection is enabled then the settings are password protected as well, therefore, as the WiFi-settings are a sub-component of the "Settings" app, the password prompt appears can currently not be changed.

I discovered if we download a secondary app that can add wifi networks that seems to work as a workaround.

Possible update request to this app would be to add a built in wifi manager that would work around the system default one allowing for settings lock down but still granting access to add wifi networks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Remove Ability to Trust Apps

Based on the threat landscape for mobile apps, users should not be allowed to trust an app. All apps must be scanned upon update, installation and at least once a week if it connects to the internet for use. Trusting an app is equivalent to leaving your front door unlocked.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. True call reject

Hello everybody!

First off, I really like the Sophos mobile security for Android app. It gives me peace of mind, I must say.

Only thing that, in my opinion, still has room for improvement is the call / SPAM blocker.

It is great to have the whitelisting option which allows you to accept calls from parties which are saved in your contacts list. I set the following options (which probably most users will do who really have enough of cold calls): block all calls without ID (CLIR) and block all calls execept for numbers from your contact list.

The only…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Customize SSP Device registration page to implement own Web links e.g. to local Web Server that hosts the .apk files

Customize SSP Device registration page to implement own Web links e.g. to local Web Server that hosts the .apk files.
    In some companies user are not allowed to have Google Play Account.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Include all security warning events in Android app log

I encountered a webpage security warning apparently generated by the app and immediately chose to block, but afterwards wanted to investigate. Cannot find this event logged in the app, so cannot check threat details or even verify that the warning was indeed a genuine Sophos warning. Please include all threat detections in the app log.

[Note to Sophos: If the scenario described above suggests that I encountered a fake warning, then please let me know!]

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Streamline App Protection password input when I open a protected app

Currently, when the App Protection password screen pops up, I have to (1) tap once to bring up the keyboard, (2) type the password, then (3) tap OK to open the protected app. Any way to eliminate (1) and (3) to streamline? I.e., when the App Protection screen pops up, so does the keyboard; when the password is identified as correct--rather than redundantly "OK'ed,"--the app just opens? Two keystrokes eliminated, but it would speed up phone use considerably! Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Import password safe with Sophos Mobile Security from Sophos Secure Workspace

Currently Sophos Mobile Security is not part of the Sophos Container. Thus it is currently not possible to import a password safe file (that is stored in Sophos Workspace) by using the Sophos Mobile Security password safe import function. Currently the workaround is to open the Workspace and click on the password file to open the password safe with Mobile Security. Unfortunately the connection between Workspace and Mobile Security is lost as soon as the Workspace runs in background and that will also close the password safe. So every time you need your password safe, you have to re-open the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Link Checker for DuckDuckGo browser.

The SOPHOS Link Checker is an excellent and much needed feature. It works flawlessly on my HTC One M9 (Android 6.0) when integrated with the HTC or Chrome browser; and both browser icons appear on the SOPHOS Link Checker page. I have disabled the aforementioned browsers and decided to install the more "secured, efficient and lighter" DuckDuckGo browser.

When I enable the Link Checker feature, the SOPHOS browser instantly activated and becomes the default browser, but the DuckDuckGo browser icon does NOT appear on that same screen/page. When I tap on a link in the mail client a message flashes…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add Bromite to supported browsers?

Chrome is supported for web filtering and Bromite is just Chrome with add-ons. This seems like it would be easy to add support for web filtering for this browser.
    Can this be added?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Exclude personal dictionary from protected settings (self protection)

When self protection is enabled the system settings are also protected by default. So you have to unlock the settings when you want to enter a word to your personal dictionary. After unlocking, the main settings page shows up, not the personal dictionary, so you have to start the process to add the entry again. That is very uncomfortable if not anoying.

Can the personal dictionary be excluded from protecting the settings? I am afraid it is not, because the access goes via system settings. Nevertheless I address it here.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support for QR Codes which creates a new e-mail

when a QR Code is scannd via the secur QR-Code Scanner which contains a "mailto:..." command, a new E-Mail should be opend by the Sophos secure E-Mail App.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.