Sophos Mobile

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Mobile. Countless devices, one solution.

Sophos Mobile

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Mobile. Countless devices, one solution.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. compliance

I would like to define a Group of required apps from which at least one app must be installed.

Example: I would like to create a group of antivirus apps from which the user has to install at least one. I do not want to define which one... just one app has to be installed. (1 out of x). A compliance violation in that case would be the Installation of 0 apps from that list.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Sophos Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. WiFi/Geo Fence on Device

I would like to see the ability to WiFi/Geo fence a device that isn't using containers AND alert/lock the device when outside the fence.

I'm new to Sophos, it's the MDM platform used by my vendor, where I use Meraki (which has this feature). Unfortunately, I can't use 2 MDM profiles on iPads, so i'm stuck with the lack of securing corporate devices with Sophos.

Also, I notice the container fence for WiFi uses SSID instead of WAN IP's. This leaves a security hole where it's easy to get the passphrase from existing WPA2 profiles, and just recreate the SSID…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add "Clear Password" to Action list

Sophos Central has an action button which has "Reset Password" option, but it requires entering predetermined numbers directly on the phone. A "Clear Password" option is needed for this scenario: Owner of password protected phone drops it and breaks the screen. It is functional enough to transfer data off, but the PIN cannot be entered to unlock it. Thought there used to be one, but it looks like it got removed?

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sophos Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export contacts on demand

The user should be able to exports / update the contacts on demand.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sophos Secure Email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Languages

Kindly provide support for Russian language and it will enable you to have much more fans. THANKS.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Intercept X for Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change Multiple contianer passwords in console simutainiously

by selecting multiple users from devices or users screen, be able to change multiple container passwords in one go, reducing the time/effort to manage devices

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Include SIM and IMSI information in Device Properties tab on Show Device page

In previous versions of Sophos, administrators could look up what SIM card was in a device last time it synced, as well as seeing the IMSI and SIM Serial number, which are not always easy to access if the phone is not physically reachable. This feature was since removed, but it was so useful - please bring it back!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. lines per page

Why restrict Lines per page to 100 max, I have 124 devices and can not list all of them at a time, so I can not select all off them at a time. In orther to for example assign a policy to all off my devices I can select 100, and apply, and select 24 and apply, sound like a restriction that does not make sense

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Backup to personal Dropbox account

Implement a backup functionality, which uses the phone owners dropbox or other cloud vendor account. The data remains in the hands of the user

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Intercept X for Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sophos Mobile should provide its own PKI Server

Sophos Mobile should provide its own PKI, which can be used from the tool as well as from outside tools in addition to the current capabilities

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. True call reject

Hello everybody!

First off, I really like the Sophos mobile security for Android app. It gives me peace of mind, I must say.

Only thing that, in my opinion, still has room for improvement is the call / SPAM blocker.

It is great to have the whitelisting option which allows you to accept calls from parties which are saved in your contacts list. I set the following options (which probably most users will do who really have enough of cold calls): block all calls without ID (CLIR) and block all calls execept for numbers from your contact list.

The only…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Intercept X for Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. App filtering by app category

Instead of whitelisting/blacklisting specific apps, why not be able to allow/block certain categories of apps instead? So that you are able to block games but allow productivity apps. Trojanized and malicious apps could be blacklisted as default.

39 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Delay dying battery texts slightly.

Rather than the phone sending its location immediately when the battery drops to 15%, which is the same time the phone is programmed to alert the user, it would be better for the text to be sent slightly later, such as 10% or even 12%. This would give the user the chance to plug up the phone before the text is sent if they're nearby or using the phone when alerted (since many apps open in full-screen and the battery meter can't be seen during use). This would prevent useless texts being sent to the user's trusted device's owner so…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Implement Scream/Ring functionality

For loss/theft protection, please implement the ability to let the phone ring in a very loud tone (even on muted) for at least 1 minute.
    This helps, if you have lost your phone in your house. It also can disturb thiefs to get away unnoticed

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Sophos Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. VIP-MAIL

we are missing a functionality that notifies me of critical mails from our monitoring systems. IOS is called the VIP-Mail. Under Android you can get the functionality via the mail client NINE. If a mail arrives from a VIP sender, a configurable notification is triggered like in an SMS or Whats app message. would it be possible to add it to an update?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable contact sharing with the phone through Android

How will this new feature address your business requirements?: Remote deployment of the product will be easier and more effective as the one main feedback is how contacts are lost when control kicks in. I understand the need to encapsulate
    the contacts but give me the option to allow this remotely on all Android installs like it does in the iOs installs. As a result, there is far more negative feedback on the implementation as I have to contact people to explain how to export the contacts to
    the device so they can see who is calling them. It should…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sophos Central Mobile Control (https://cloud.sophos.com) integration with Tenable.IO (https://cloud.tenable.com) for Mobile device scans

Sophos Central Mobile Control (https://cloud.sophos.com) integration with Tenable.IO (https://cloud.tenable.com) for Mobile device security scans.
    Currenty all Major MDM suppliers integration with the Nessus/Tenable.IO (AirWatch, Apple Profile Manager, Good MDM, MaaS360 and MobileIron) with the exception of Sophos.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Facility To Copy App Groups

Unless I'm missing something, at the moment it is very cumbersome to copy app groups as you have to export the app list and then re-import it to create a new group. This would be fine, but sometimes there are duplicated names which prevent the import.

Feel sure this process could be improved by incorporating a dedicated copy function.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Customize SSP Device registration page to implement own Web links e.g. to local Web Server that hosts the .apk files

Customize SSP Device registration page to implement own Web links e.g. to local Web Server that hosts the .apk files.
    In some companies user are not allowed to have Google Play Account.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Update notification for files updated in the cloud

The app should give the user some feedback for all files updated in the cloud. This can be either a continuous log or a opup windows

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sophos Secure Workspace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.