Sophos Mobile

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Mobile. Countless devices, one solution.

Sophos Mobile

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Mobile. Countless devices, one solution.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include all security warning events in Android app log

I encountered a webpage security warning apparently generated by the app and immediately chose to block, but afterwards wanted to investigate. Cannot find this event logged in the app, so cannot check threat details or even verify that the warning was indeed a genuine Sophos warning. Please include all threat detections in the app log.

[Note to Sophos: If the scenario described above suggests that I encountered a fake warning, then please let me know!]

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Sophos Mobile Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add option to encrypt device in loss&theft with other option than pin or password or at least add pattern as possible option as well.

Add option to encrypt device in loss&theft with other option than pin or password or at least add pattern as possible option as well. For sure, pattern is rather insecure compared to complex password, but it also seems rather unhandy to enter password any time I want to look at the phone. therefor it would add basic security to encrpt device even though the unlock mode is pattern. currently I can't encrypt because password would make use of device rather impractical.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sophos Mobile Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sophos antivirus for android should not consider the presence of root as a threat if root access is disabled in Cyanogenmod.

Cyanogenmod versions 12 and 13 which are based on lollipop and marshmallow respectively contain root, but root access is disabled by default and to enable it one must enable developer settings and then enable root access to apps, to adb or to both, or to leave it disabled. http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/security-and-you (Root access management in Cyanogenmod explained)
    However Sophos considers it as a threat to the device but in my opinion that depends more on the user and disabling the feature is pretty good security in this regard, of course not perfect, but it's not like there aren't apps that can root…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Android Wear Integration

Add Android Wear integration similar to the way Panda has on their mobile app. It notifies the watch if there is an infection, allows to start a scan from the watch and most importantly, it tethers the phone to the watch and can sound an alarm if they are separated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Automatic removal of malware/PUA apps

In case that malware or PUA are found on a mobile device it would be great if SMC would automatically initiate a task that removes the corresponding app (either with/ or without user interaction).

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sophos Mobile Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. WLAN Verbindungen überprüfung auf sichere Verbindungen - DatenSchutz, emails checken

WLAN Verbindungen überprüfen ob sie sicher sind (DatenSchutz, phishing, malwWare etc. )

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hello there, I love your app and use it a lot but I would like if you can make a the app lock work with widgets, phone service on, off and d

Hello there,
    I love your app and use it a lot but I would like if you can make a the app lock work with widgets, phone service on, off and data off , Wi-Fi and hot spot on off plus have the widgets have a separate password from he app lock password lock, also can you place a alarm (car alarm, screaming or loud noise

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Do not autoscan SD cards on boot unless requested

Every time I boot my device the external SD card is scanned automatically, which is quite annoying as it contains some 55 gigabytes of mp3 files. An option to scan external and/or internal SD cards only on demand would be highly appreciated. Maybe as a notification in the notification bar, "scan now / skip scan".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Streamline App Protection password input when I open a protected app

Currently, when the App Protection password screen pops up, I have to (1) tap once to bring up the keyboard, (2) type the password, then (3) tap OK to open the protected app. Any way to eliminate (1) and (3) to streamline? I.e., when the App Protection screen pops up, so does the keyboard; when the password is identified as correct--rather than redundantly "OK'ed,"--the app just opens? Two keystrokes eliminated, but it would speed up phone use considerably! Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Check for untrusted root certs

Please check, if untrustworthy root certs are installed on an Android device and highlight this issue in the security advisor

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Better training materials.

I just received an email, from me, that still does not tell me how to activate the remote feature. It states: This command locates your device using GPS and/or Wi-Fi. As a response you receive a first text message with an approximate location. After 10 minutes a second text message with an exact location is sent. The remote locate command text must have the following format:

locate password
    password as defined in Loss & Theft.

So, is this saying that I text my own phone and as the text "locate (password)"? This may be clear to programmers, but not to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve privacy advisor by filtering unrelevant apps

The current privacy advisor always shows all apps, including such, which have no permission in regards to the filter setting. IMHO, we should completely remove them from the view

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make a photo of the user after 3 times failed passcode entry

If a user (or thief) enters the passcode wrongly 3 times, make a photo and mail it to a predefined address

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sophos Mobile Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Protect de-installation with a PIN/Password

Protect the de-installation of the app with a pin or password as a lot of competitors are doing it

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Report thiefs location after SIM change in addition to the new phone number

If a thief replaces the SIM card in an SMSec protected phone, we send the new phone number to the preregistered number. Please add the location of the devices at that time to the message

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support several trusted SIM Cards in the SMSec app

Support more than one trusted SIM card in the SMSec app. This might be important for traveling users

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. add android vulnerabilities assesment

Add to the signature set capabilities to identify android version exposed to hack or attack

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Backup to personal Dropbox account

Implement a backup functionality, which uses the phone owners dropbox or other cloud vendor account. The data remains in the hands of the user

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.